Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Boselli a Hall of Fame Finalist!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In a heavy OL class, it seems.
Still think he'll need another year or two. Hopefully I'm wrong and he gets in!
Moss Lewis and Urlacher all in.

Good luck Tony!
This feels like it could be the beginning of the golden years of Jaguar football. A team with a legitimate chance at advancing deep in the playoffs with a young core of players that should be around for a while and the possibility of inducting our first ever HOFer in August. Good luck Big Bo!
Prisco has been working the HoF voters all season. To the point where he’s become extremely annoying lol. He thinks this is Tony’s year.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ss-of-2018

This guy thinks this is Bo's year. Interesting note about how Tony and TD both played 95-01
Boselli a Hall of Fame finalist

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...d5a7f9229f

Former Jaguars LT Tony Boselli named one of 15 Modern-Era Finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2018
Let’s hope he gets in!!
Seems like a possibility now that Terrell Davis got in. Before that I though he could only get in thru the nonmodern way, but now that 6 years is considered long enough, even in modern time, I think he has a chance.
(01-02-2018, 10:31 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Prisco has been working the HoF voters all season. To the point where he’s become extremely annoying lol. He thinks this is Tony’s year.

Prisco has thought this the last two or three years and he has Peter King on his side as well so we will see.
He may not make it in this year but it's a great sign that he eventually does. Two years in a row finishing as a finalist means those voters and writers are paying more attention than what most fans care to admit or give them credit for.
Personally, if I were a GM and had to decide whether I'd take Alan Faneca for 13 years (206 games with only 1 missed start) or Boselli for 91 games, I'd have to side with Faneca,. Additionally, Joe Jacoby played in 170 games but for me he's hard to evaluate since they pretty much had a HOF offensive line with the Hogs.

Here is the complete list of finalists.

Ray Lewis, LB
Brian Urlacher, LB
Edgerrin James, RB
Randy Moss, WR
​Terrell Owens, WR
Isaac Bruce, WR
John Lynch, S
Brian Dawkins, S
Everson Walls, DB
Ty Law, CB
Tony Boselli, OT
Kevin Mawae, C
Joe Jacoby, OT
Steve Hutchinson, OG
Alen Faneca, OG
Questions should remain is he a once in a lifetime talent? - Yes for Me. It is actually good that we are playing the bills Wild Card weekend because it will get the writers to fire up that 96 stonewalling of HOF Bills DE Bruce Smith.
Lewis
Moss
Urlacher
Boselli
Dawkins

This is partly prediction and partly wishful thinking. Having 2 Jacksonville connections would be amazing and I'd expect a huge Jacksonville group to attend the ceremony. The influece of Peter King and Prisco can get Boselli over the hump in addition to Davis making it last year.
I suddenly have a desire to grab a Daily's Dash sandwich. The world famous Boss dripping with dash sauce.
If TO does not get in it is a travesty he has better numbers than Moss.
(01-03-2018, 10:41 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]If TO does not get in it is a travesty he has better numbers than Moss.

Yeah both deserve it. 

Owens had longevity, but Moss produced more in a shorter time. Owens's production never really fell off too much either.
(01-03-2018, 10:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, if I were a GM and had to decide whether I'd take Alan Faneca for 13 years (206 games with only 1 missed start) or Boselli for 91 games, I'd have to side with Faneca,.  Additionally, Joe Jacoby played in 170 games but for me he's hard to evaluate since they pretty much had a HOF offensive line with the Hogs.

Ray Lewis, LB
Brian Urlacher, LB
Edgerrin James, RB
Randy Moss, WR
Terrell Owens, WR
Isaac Bruce, WR
John Lynch, S
Brian Dawkins, S
Everson Walls, DB
Ty Law, CB
Tony Boselli, OT
Kevin Mawae, C
Joe Jacoby, OT
Steve Hutchinson, OG
Alen Faneca, OG

I'd take Frank Gore's career over Terrell Davis' if I was a GM, but Davis is a more deserving of the Hall of Fame than Gore. Longevity plays a role in it, but it shouldn't be the be all, end all they sometimes make it out to be. Boselli was the best LT for roughly five years in the golden era of LTs, that should count for something.
(01-03-2018, 11:37 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2018, 10:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, if I were a GM and had to decide whether I'd take Alan Faneca for 13 years (206 games with only 1 missed start) or Boselli for 91 games, I'd have to side with Faneca,.  Additionally, Joe Jacoby played in 170 games but for me he's hard to evaluate since they pretty much had a HOF offensive line with the Hogs.

Ray Lewis, LB
Brian Urlacher, LB
Edgerrin James, RB
Randy Moss, WR
Terrell Owens, WR
Isaac Bruce, WR
John Lynch, S
Brian Dawkins, S
Everson Walls, DB
Ty Law, CB
Tony Boselli, OT
Kevin Mawae, C
Joe Jacoby, OT
Steve Hutchinson, OG
Alen Faneca, OG

I'd take Frank Gore's career over Terrell Davis' if I was a GM, but Davis is a more deserving of the Hall of Fame than Gore. Longevity plays a role in it, but it shouldn't be the be all, end all they sometimes make it out to be. Boselli was the best LT for roughly five years in the golden era of LTs, that should count for something.

Davis made it on a really good OLine and really good playoff runs.  I mean, the dudes regular season rushing yards per year are as follows:

Kind of amazing that a dude can make the HOF on 3 really good years + 1 relatively decent year.
One thing I remember about Boselli was he was a bad-ace. He was an enforcer. If you put a late hit on Brunell he would get you. Its been a long time since the Jaguars had a guy that would protect his teammates.

I guess Jack planting his helmet in AJ's hind-quarters counts as enforcement.
Pages: 1 2