Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This is outright STUPID!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First NAS Jacksonville decides to have all "non mission essential personnel" show up to work at 10:00 rather than normal working hours today causing traffic on Roosevelt Blvd. to be a nightmare.  I mean really?  It's cold and it's raining and you tell people to stay home from work or come in later?

Then I find out that all "non mission essential personnel" should show up to work at 11:00 tomorrow because it's going to be cold... in January... REALLY?

My god the wussification has gone off the charts!  Yes it's going to be cold.  Yes there could be some black ice on the roads especially on bridges, but really?  The rain stopped this afternoon and from what I saw for the most part, the roads are all dry.  It's going to be cold tomorrow.  Deal with it.  That's really no reason to effectively "shut down" the base in the morning.
(01-03-2018, 08:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]First NAS Jacksonville decides to have all "non mission essential personnel" show up to work at 10:00 rather than normal working hours today causing traffic on Roosevelt Blvd. to be a nightmare.  I mean really?  It's cold and it's raining and you tell people to stay home from work or come in later?

Then I find out that all "non mission essential personnel" should show up to work at 11:00 tomorrow because it's going to be cold... in January... REALLY?

My god the wussification has gone off the charts!  Yes it's going to be cold.  Yes there could be some black ice on the roads especially on bridges, but really?  The rain stopped this afternoon and from what I saw for the most part, the roads are all dry.  It's going to be cold tomorrow.  Deal with it.  That's really no reason to effectively "shut down" the base in the morning.

Growing up here, but having spent years in NYC and lots of time traveling in New England and Canada, I agree. 

I do understand that people here generally suck at driving in winter weather (icy roads/bridges) but the general over-reaction to this cold snap is pretty comical to me. My Rhode Island born girlfriend has been cracking up at the local news coverage.
(01-03-2018, 08:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]First NAS Jacksonville decides to have all "non mission essential personnel" show up to work at 10:00 rather than normal working hours today causing traffic on Roosevelt Blvd. to be a nightmare.  I mean really?  It's cold and it's raining and you tell people to stay home from work or come in later?

Today is supposed to be worse. It was bone chilling cold in the bays yesterday but the rain was the deal breaker. Once it stopped raining it was just cold but wet cold that sucked.
The thing that is cracking me up about the colder weather, since I'm working out of the house this week, is the:

Channel 4 Weather Alert Day
Its amazing. Even here in VA they close down schools for less than an inch of snow and are closed today because it's cold. Mind you, they have indoor campuses here.

It's ridiculous, I can only imagine what's happening down there right now. Meanwhile back home they had to use a loader to dig a lady out of her house there was so much snow and I think they've had one snow day lol
People up here are freaking out because we got six inches of snow in about 4.5 hours when we were forecasted to get about an inch. The county was not prepared in any way, shape or form. We never get this much snow this quickly, and it's never been this cold for this long in the six years I've been here. Even the natives are scratching their heads.

I'd hate to know how FL would react to our scenario.