Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Shad Khan, Jaguars donate playoff tickets to refugees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shad Khan, Jaguars donate playoff tickets to refugees

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...o-refugees

The Jaguars announced owner Shad Khan and the team foundation donated tickets to refugees from around the world who have settled in Northeast Florida and those displaced by Hurricane Maria.
Much respect to Shahid Khan.

Hats off.
Pretty cool.

Quote:The team announced Khan and the Jaguars Foundation donated 500 tickets to refugees from around the world who settled in Northeast Florida and an additional 500 tickets to Puerto Ricans and their families in North and Central Florida displaced by Hurricane Maria.

"The Jaguars' first home playoff appearance in very long time is an event that should be shared with as many people as possible, across all spectrums, who call Jacksonville their home," Khan said, via the team's official website. "Whether it's a home game in August or January, it's important for the Jaguars to consistently be good citizens and do the right thing for our community. Hopefully, the experience on Sunday will give our guests a well-deserved break from what can be severe challenges in their daily lives, and if we can give them a victory on the field, it will make for a perfect day."

The Jaguars Foundation will provide transportation for the 1,000 recipients. The team also partnered with Delaware North Sportservice to give each attendee a food and beverage voucher to use during the game.

Khan and the Jags also provided 1,500 tickets at a reduced price ($20) to local military members through the United Service Organizations

I dig it.
A good PR move and not a bad tax write off as well. Win-win.
This of course is a very nice thing to do. But on a side note and this side note should not take away from the good thing Shad and the Jags are doing.

The typical idiot pats, Steelers, 49ers and so on fans will say. Jags cant even sell out playoff games and have to give away tickets for free. Idiots
Does Buffalo have a sizable New Yorican population?
(01-04-2018, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Does Buffalo have a sizable New Yorican population?

that kinda of response would require a move to the other forums.  Just google demographics and you will get your answer.
so they give refugees tickets but make military personell pay for theirs? time to start another boycott
(01-04-2018, 02:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Does Buffalo have a sizable New Yorican population?

that kinda of response would require a move to the other forums.  Just google demographics and you will get your answer.

I hear Puerto Ricans who are from New York refer to themselves as New Yoricans all the time. All the time. Only those who are offended by profession could find issue with that.
(01-04-2018, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 02:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]that kinda of response would require a move to the other forums.  Just google demographics and you will get your answer.

I hear Puerto Ricans who are from New York refer to themselves as New Yoricans all the time. All the time. Only those who are offended by profession could find issue with that.

Many NY Puerto Ricans use the term proudly, but I don't see the correlation to this thread.
The tickets are being given to Puerto Rican islanders who were displaced by the storm to North and Central FL, not to NY residing Puerto Ricans.
(01-04-2018, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I hear Puerto Ricans who are from New York refer to themselves as New Yoricans all the time. All the time. Only those who are offended by profession could find issue with that.

Many NY Puerto Ricans use the term proudly, but I don't see the correlation to this thread.
The tickets are being given to Puerto Rican islanders who were displaced by the storm to North and Central FL, not to NY residing Puerto Ricans.

I was insinuating (not very successfully) that if these folks had kin in Buffalo, we might be giving tickets to fans of the other team.
Very nice of him but also kinda strange.

I don't have a home, car, clothes,basic belongings,job, money, but hey I got Jaguar Playoff Tickets. It could be a slogan
Well, they can sell them to Bills fans for 5x face value...
(01-04-2018, 02:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Many NY Puerto Ricans use the term proudly, but I don't see the correlation to this thread.

I was insinuating (not very successfully) that if these folks had kin in Buffalo, we might be giving tickets to fans of the other team.
Gotcha.  I didn't get it. 

I wonder if they may not be transferable tickets since they had to identify these people specifically to award them the tickets, but I suppose there may be a bit of that going on. 

Same goes for those 1500 $20 dollar tickets offered to you squidly types  Tongue 
I hope those aren't being re-sold as well.
Gosh I love our owner. Should set an example for the rest of the league