Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Playoffs, wow...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
None of us on this board expected the Jags to make the playoffs. Really, 8-8 was setting the bar high after the last few years. Just crazy to be still talking football in Jan.. I think the Jags will probably win this game against the Bills, but lose the next game based off of history, but even just being in the Playoffs is pretty sweet.. Go Jaguars, I was a young Man the last time the Jaguars were in the Playoffs, well younger anyway. LOL..

PLAYOFFS BABY!!
Nah, I miss the draft talk about now... So, who do you think we'll be picking with the 32nd pick? Smile
I said at the beginning of the season I expected this team to be a 10 win team. I was laughed at a lot. And early on... I didn't think it was possible.
It was not a prediction however. I won't go saying I predicted this to happen. But I fully thought this team had talent last year that didn't meet it's potential and anything less than a 10 win season in my eyes would have been a disappointment, playoffs or not.
(01-04-2018, 05:55 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I said at the beginning of the season I expected this team to be a 10 win team. I was laughed at a lot.

Yes, but your 2 statements above are independent of one another   Smile
This week is just moving so slowly
I was in the 6-8 win range. I never expected division title
I know, right? I figured God would curse us due to kneeling and we'd have another decade of suckiness. Glad I didn't do something stupid like boycott.
(01-04-2018, 08:10 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]I know, right?  I figured God would curse us due to kneeling and we'd have another decade of suckiness.  Glad I didn't do something stupid like boycott.
Oooooh burrrrnnnn!!
(01-04-2018, 08:10 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]I know, right?  I figured God would curse us due to kneeling and we'd have another decade of suckiness.  Glad I didn't do something stupid like boycott.
Lol

This is funny right here.
(01-04-2018, 05:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]None of us on this board expected the Jags to make the playoffs. Really, 8-8 was setting the bar high after the last few years. Just crazy to be still talking football in Jan.. I think the Jags will probably win this game against the Bills, but lose the next game based off of history, but even just being in the Playoffs is pretty sweet.. Go Jaguars, I was a young Man the last time the Jaguars were in the Playoffs, well younger anyway. LOL..

PLAYOFFS BABY!!

Yeah thats the likely scenario unless we have Big Bens number again. I have a feeling Bell will get 50 carries if we play them again though. I think KC could upset NE again and we may get a 2nd home playoff game Big Grin
Didn’t expect it this year but it’s a good feeling after suffering since the last appearance.
(01-04-2018, 05:52 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, I miss the draft talk about now... So, who do you think we'll be picking with the 32nd pick? Smile

Baker Mayfield
(01-04-2018, 06:45 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]This week is just moving so slowly

This!
I thought that I was being unrealistically optimistic with my final (was really just copying my own before preseason pick) of 9-7, even when I wrote it I wouldn't have been surprised if we got 6 wins. The fact that they beat it and would have gotten more wins except our division wasn't good enough to require it is surprising. Hopefully we will build on this next year, and not face plant like the Raiders did.
I tempered my expectations to 8-8. I also told myself we should be 10-6 at best and at worst 6-10 because anything less would be uncivilized. Playoffs never crossed my mind. Now I want to be able to make a trip to Minnesota in February. Is it a sign the local weather is trying to prepare us physically for the cold winter chills?
It's a new season. Do or die. Who will wilt under pressure?

We're probably at a season low as far as momentum. Someone has to get it back for us.
All you jerks that want to bring the anthem fiasco into this can kiss off. I and everyone else angry with the team/players and the NFL for their ignorant "protest" and or support of so called "protest" have/had every right to be ANGRY; and regardless of the playoffs, if they continued their ugly political display on the field and had continued to spit in our faces; I would STILL be boycotting. And if you don't like that, too bad.
(01-05-2018, 02:16 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]All you jerks that want to bring the anthem fiasco into this can kiss off. I and everyone else angry with the team/players and the NFL for their ignorant "protest" and or support of so called "protest"  have/had every right to be ANGRY; and regardless of the playoffs, if they continued their ugly political display on the field and had continued to spit in our faces; I would STILL be boycotting. And if you don't like that, too bad.

Claiming to abandon/boycott a team and then jumping back on the wagon when they start winning will typically get you some grief from fans that didn't jump ship. 

And if you don't like it, too bad. 

I'm messing with you, but seriously...  let's all move on from the politics in this thread folks. I don't want to dole out warnings and I'm sure we can all make an effort to direct the focus to the playoffs and the Jags triumphant return to the postseason. 

Can't wait for Sunday. You jokers better get loud with me on third down!
I predicted 13-3
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...prediction

Due the the posts I’m seeing I thought I’d add this here to look back upon.  Like Kane I was thinking 10 wins.   Was really looking for proof before I said it.  Turns out I didn’t post in this thread or the other short thread.  Not trying to call you out Kane, but this thread you said 8 wins.

Here is the other thread. https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...prediction
Pages: 1 2 3