Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Things to Do This Weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Need some help! I will be arriving Saturday and I want to stock up on some more Jags gear. Whats a good place to go? Also, we were looking for some good places to grab drinks/eat on Saturday night. Any good suggestions? This is only my second trip for a game. First trip was against the Bills in 2013 so hoping for a different result.

I assume I will be able to find decent parking somewhere on game day. Also considered checking out the BCB tailgate. Looks like a good time. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I usually do my sports gear xmas shopping at sport mania down at the beach on 3rd st.
If one doesn't have Jags gear before they made the playoffs, must be bandwagoners.
I got my keenan jersey from 99 love my jersey
(01-05-2018, 10:18 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]If one doesn't have Jags gear before they made the playoffs, must be bandwagoners.

Or maybe he wants something brand new and shiny for the playoffs?
*more Jags gear was the key there. Zero Jags gear in stores where I live. But based on your reputation I am gonna not get too worked up over it. Thanks for the help
(01-05-2018, 10:21 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: [ -> ]I got my keenan jersey from 99 love my jersey

I'll be breaking out the Smeenge jersey for this game.
it might depend on what side of town your staying on. If your in the mood for good southern cooking Beach Road Chicken Dinners is a great place to start on Atlantic Blvd then hop on the bridge right next to it and head downtown to the Jacksonville Landing i believe they are haveing a big to do Sat night.
I am not sure how many options the city you are from has.
In addition to good Seafood/ Southern/ BBQ options. Jacksonville also has some decent international options: Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Mediterranean. If these are harder to come by near you, give some a try. Happy to offer recommendations, but I'm not sure where you are staying or if you have a car.

If you want to buy gear, there are a ton of options at the town center.
Don't buy any gear, take your money to your bookie, bet it all on the Jags and you'll be able to get essentially free gear Monday for the Steelers beatdown!
Things to do this weekend :

- get laid
- watch a playoff game with the Jaguars.
(01-05-2018, 10:01 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]Need some help! I will be arriving Saturday and I want to stock up on some more Jags gear. Whats a good place to go? Also, we were looking for some good places to grab drinks/eat on Saturday night. Any good suggestions? This is only my second trip for a game. First trip was against the Bills in 2013 so hoping for a different result.

I assume I will be able to find decent parking somewhere on game day. Also considered checking out the BCB tailgate. Looks like a good time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The stadium store should be open.  I had an email that said it would be open all week.  Think it was 9-5.

As far as things to do, according to Bills fans there's nothing to do in Jacksonville or any good food in the surrounding areas so you could be in trouble there.
(01-05-2018, 10:18 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]If one doesn't have Jags gear before they made the playoffs, must be bandwagoners.

I've never been to Jacksonville once in my life nor do I have much Jaguars gear at the moment. Does that make me a bandwagon fan?

He said "more" gear. But seriously did JW rub off on you with the bandwagon thing? Are you going to ask them to be 'True Fans' next?
(01-05-2018, 10:01 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]Need some help! I will be arriving Saturday and I want to stock up on some more Jags gear. Whats a good place to go? Also, we were looking for some good places to grab drinks/eat on Saturday night. Any good suggestions? This is only my second trip for a game. First trip was against the Bills in 2013 so hoping for a different result.

Academy Sports + Outdoors has a good selection of Jags stuff.  There's two locations that I'm aware of in town (Southside near the Avenues Mall and on Atlantic Blvd heading toward the Beaches).  The stadium itself also has several Jags shops on game day as well.  

Saturday night really depends on your age.  If you're in your 20s or early 30s, I'd say Jax Beach.  There's a ton of bars right next to each other, some with live music.  If you're a little older than that, the bars a little to the North of Jax Beach in Neptune/Atlantic Beach might be more to your liking.  King St. in the Riverside area is another place for bar hopping and is more of a mix of all ages.  Other cool individual spots around town are The Volstead downtown, Dos Gatos downtown, Grape & Grain Exchange in San Marco, Aardwolf Brewery in San Marco, Wicked Barley Brewery in the Southside and Hoptinger in 5 Points.

My recommendation would probably be to start in 5 Points.  Hoptinger is a cool bar with good food and also has a roof top bar as well.  There are several other bars and restaurants in 5 points that you can explore, but when you're ready to leave the area the Riverside area is probably a 3 minute uber away and downtown or San Marco are probably 5 minute ubers away.  If you want more fine dining to start your evening, the all new Cowford Chophouse downtown is very good (and very expensive) and also has a roof top bar.  Ruth's Chris also has a location downtown which has great views of the river.  Orsay is also a very good local restaurant and is in the Avondale area which is next to Riverside.  Also, the St. Johns Town Center is a mega outdoor mall on the Southside with all kinds of good dining options though they're all chains.  Places like the Capital Grille, Cantina Laredo, and Chuy's are all personal favorites but there are MANY other choices located there and you can find Jags gear at Dick's sporting goods there as well.  There used to be a smaller Jags gear shop there that went out of business.  Not sure if there are any other smaller Jags/Football gear shops there now off the top of my head.  Fanatics is in the Avenues Mall on the Southside as well for Jags gear.

Good luck and enjoy your time here.
You should probably ask GrizzlyDrizzly. Apparently there's nothing to do here and the food sucks.
I'm staying in the Atlantic Beach area this weekend. Been there before. They have some great restaurants over there. I hope I have time to get to Hawkers this weekend.
(01-05-2018, 01:04 PM)Chazz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm staying in the Atlantic Beach area this weekend. Been there before. They have some great restaurants over there. I hope I have time to get to Hawkers this weekend.

GrizzlyDizzly told me Hawkers sucks.
Thanks for all suggestions. I will be in the Riverside area
(01-05-2018, 01:47 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all suggestions. I will be in the Riverside area

There's a Hawkers in Riverside as well.
Pages: 1 2