Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: All Pro List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Campbell, Ramsey first-team AP All-Pro

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...716bd2dbc0

Jaguars DE Calais Campbell, Jalen Ramsey named first-team Associated Press All-Pro; LB Telvin Smith, CB A.J. Bouye named second team
Well deserved.  Have we ever had that many first and second team all pro?
Wow.

Shocked Malik didn’t make at least second team but this is a real accomplishment. Hopefully Campbell or Ramsey can also win DPOY
Calais Campbell actually made it on both the First and Second Team. Insane lol.
Bouye deserved first team too, but they're certainly not going to give both positions to the same team.
Deserved. Great to see Jags making this list again.
Glad Telvin got a nod even if it's 2nd team.
(01-05-2018, 01:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye deserved first team too, but they're certainly not going to give both positions to the same team.

Better stats than Ramsey and somehow got bumped.  I get that Ramsey is really good, but watching him play its hard to see how he could be second team.
U
(01-05-2018, 02:18 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2018, 01:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye deserved first team too, but they're certainly not going to give both positions to the same team.

Better stats than Ramsey and somehow got bumped.  I get that Ramsey is really good, but watching him play its hard to see how he could be second team.

I’m guessing the thinking is Bouye doesn’t get those numbers unless teams are just avoiding Ramsey altogether. Honestly they both should be first team but they aren’t gonna do that
(01-05-2018, 02:00 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]Glad Telvin got a nod even if it's 2nd team.

The thing is, second team All-Pro is a higher honor than being named to the Pro Bowl, and Telvin got snubbed for the Pro Bowl. 

So, some redemption for Telvin.
(01-05-2018, 02:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]U
(01-05-2018, 02:18 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Better stats than Ramsey and somehow got bumped.  I get that Ramsey is really good, but watching him play its hard to see how he could be second team.

I’m guessing the thinking is Bouye doesn’t get those numbers unless teams are just avoiding Ramsey altogether. Honestly they both should be first team but they aren’t gonna do that

Well the argument will always be there that Bouye doesn't match up with the caliber of WR that Ramsey does. (Not my argument, I think they both deserve first team)
Campbell is the best signing in over a decade
(01-05-2018, 02:38 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell is the best signing in over a decade
I think it's a tie between him and Bouye.

Campbell is doing so much for the young DLine though that you're probably right.
(01-05-2018, 01:05 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell, Ramsey first-team AP All-Pro

Jaguars DE Calais Campbell, Jalen Ramsey named first-team Associated Press All-Pro; LB Telvin Smith, CB A.J. Bouye named second team

Well deserved!

Just as I was hoping for...the Jaguars have at least one star level performer on each level of the defense...just like the great defenses.
(01-05-2018, 02:00 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]Glad Telvin got a nod even if it's 2nd team.

Really happy to see this too!

When was the last time any Jag made it on the all pro list? It must be a long time.
(01-05-2018, 02:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2018, 01:05 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell, Ramsey first-team AP All-Pro

Well deserved!

Just as I was hoping for...the Jaguars have at least one star level performer on each level of the defense...just like the great defenses.
Yannick has a chip for being a pro bowl snub.

Bouye with a chip not being 1st team all pro when he was the best corner all year.

Here we go boys.
I knew Campbell was good but I never expected this from him. Just wow
What y'all think about the list? Yannick gonna be pissed again lol. Happy telvin got some recognition!

Please merge or delete. I didn't see the other post. My fault.
Here are the Press award numbers for 1995 through 2016 (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/y...allpro.htm) Keep in mind this includes sporting news, ap, si, upi. I would need to regrind through their site to isolate 1st and 2nd team AP All-Pro. We got a bunch of recognition for the 1999 season. We make noise in the playoffs then we could heap crazy awards next year with good play. Even the All-Pro has some carry over impact.

Boselli
Jurkovic

Boselli
Barker

Boselli
J Smith

J Smith
Searcy
Brackens
Hardy
Lake
Boselli

Hanson

Stroud

Stroud

Stroud
Peterson

Mathis
Henderson

F Taylor

Jones-Drew
D Smith

Jones-Drew
Greg Jones
M Lewis

Jones-Drew
D Smith

Posluszny
(01-05-2018, 02:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]U
(01-05-2018, 02:18 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Better stats than Ramsey and somehow got bumped.  I get that Ramsey is really good, but watching him play its hard to see how he could be second team.

You're probably right that they gave Ramsey some of the credit for Bouye's success. 

Per PFF...

1. ) Bouye had the lowest QB rating against a cornerback, beating Asante Samuel, Darrelle Revis, and Charles Woodson's best seasons.
2. ) Third lowest catch percentage allowed in 2017
3. )  Second best passer rating while in coverage since 2006

Just some stats that I thought was interesting.
Pages: 1 2