Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Friday update: Lee questionable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jaguars believe WR Marqise Lee will play vs. Bills

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...y-vs-bills

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday morning the belief is receiver Marqise Lee will play this week after missing the past two games with an ankle injury.
Sweet. Lee and Hurns back for the playoffs will be huge.
Time for that breakout game we've all been waiting on for 3 years young man!
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Lee and Hurns have a lot of holes in their games. I would rather Dede and Cole be out there. I guess depth is good.
(01-04-2018, 10:28 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Lee and Hurns have a lot of holes in their games. I would rather Dede and Cole be out there. I guess depth is good.

It's good because they'll have a player that can line up at X and actually beat press coverage. Something none of the rookies have done well.  That allows them to play the rookies at Z and Y where they don't have to beat the jam as often. Not to mention Lee looked very good in the two games prior to his injury. He was mistake free and had some good third down conversions including a 3rd down TD.
Why would having our 2 starting WR in the lineup be a bad thing?
(01-04-2018, 10:56 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Why would having our 2 starting WR in the lineup be a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing. It's just one troll trying to prop up his agenda that all of Blake's mistakes are someone else's fault.
(01-04-2018, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 10:56 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Why would having our 2 starting WR in the lineup be a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing. It's just one troll trying to prop up his agenda that all of Blake's mistakes are someone else's fault.

Guess he doesn't realize that football is a team sport huh?
(01-04-2018, 11:09 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bad thing. It's just one troll trying to prop up his agenda that all of Blake's mistakes are someone else's fault.

Guess he doesn't realize that football is a team sport huh?
He thinks you have to have the best WRs, OLine, and running backs in order for Blake to succeed. 2 interceptions at the end of the Chargers game? Not Blake’s fault.

Because he is such a Blake homer, I think he makes people dislike Blake when normally they wouldn’t care. He’s a top 3 worst poster on this board.
(01-04-2018, 09:49 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]Time for that breakout game we've all been waiting on for 3 years young man!

At one point of the season, he stepped up and was going pretty strong but his glaring mistakes (dropped passes, taunting penalty, and letting the punt roll for 20 yards) have really overshadowed the positives that he brought to the game in absence of Robinson & Hurns.
(01-04-2018, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 11:09 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Guess he doesn't realize that football is a team sport huh?
He thinks you have to have the best WRs, OLine, and running backs in order for Blake to succeed. 2 interceptions at the end of the Chargers game? Not Blake’s fault.

Because he is such a Blake homer, I think he makes people dislike Blake when normally they wouldn’t care. He’s a top 3 worst poster on this board.

Bottom line:

Blake got better individually this year.  He also benefited greatly from a top notch staff, improved pass protection, a very productive run game, and a great defense that gave a sometimes foundering offense second and third chances. 

At times he still wasn't able to squelch his own bad decision making and take full advantage of his improvement and the improvement around him. But those moments were far fewer than years past. 

Absolutely none of this adds up to Lee coming back being "bad."  Lee has 56 completions for this team in 2017 and is an asset. Painting it otherwise is disingenuous.
He's not fast .
He runs like a giraffe
(01-04-2018, 12:30 PM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]He's not fast .
He runs like a giraffe

Giraffes run up to 37 mph, Einstein.
I though Lewis ran like a giraffe?
Injuries: Jaguars believe Marqise Lee will play vs. Bills

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...y-vs-bills

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday morning the belief is receiver Marqise Lee will play this week after missing the past two games with an ankle injury.
Justin Blackmon were are you?
Awesome! It has been since the LAC game that the Jags have had both Lee and Hurns out there.
(01-04-2018, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2018, 11:09 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Guess he doesn't realize that football is a team sport huh?

You're being awfully kind.
My guess is yeldon found a centipede in his bed upon waking today. Should play.
Pages: 1 2