Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For years every jaguars fan has suffere and suffered some more.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And now...
After many years of suffering We are 1 day away from a home playoff game that our team earned.

The Jacksonville jaguars have earned a home playoff game.

Some of us hung around and our losing meant not much other than a brief disappointment.
  Some hung around and shed tears as our team flailed and floundered.
Wherever you may fit into the above categories you are right nowRight here, reading this and based on that you're probably in there somewhere.

I personally am one that actually she'd a few years along the way over our jaguars failures and I live in southern California and can not afford to come to Jacksonville for this or any game for that matter.
  I am not alone.
  There are thousands and thousands of jaguars fans who live too far from jax to personally attend a game.
  So I take the liberty of speaking for all of us that cheer from afar.
I'm speaking  (or writing lol if you will ).
To those jaguars fans who are able to attend games.
During the pregame I am typically stuck staring at the TV while the river landing is shown, maybe a beach shot or 2 and the st. Johns river prior to the kick off.
I look for changes I recognize 
And I gloat every time to my wife and any other poor soul who happens to be in the room with me at the sheer beauty of jax.
I look closely at the fans who are shown
Closely at the attendance. 
I listen closely to what the commentators have to say and I can't get enough.  Lol.

(I have to share this....watching the shots of downtown I can't help but remember the horrible smell from the papermill lol that used to stink the whole town up.  Is that still there? 
  And I worry whomever is watching with me might know about that smell and I hope they can't smell it through the tv. Lol.
Because it used to be so bad it's possible lol.)

I'm so damn proud of this team and proud to be a Jacksonville native that I wanted to share with you that live in Jacksonville that pay to see the games ....

That I  (we) appreciate you for staying around and supporting the jaguars. I buy authentic merchandise and do what I can to support from afar.but...
If people like you had all given up we wouldn't still have a team and this weekend would just be another weekend without an NFL team to cheer for for me (us).
 You make us proud.
In your redneck glory.

I can't wait for the pregame telecast.
Those of you in the stands for the game?
You carry a little piece of me with you.
My passion. 
My father's passion.
 who suffered through many losing seasons as a die hard jags fan. He passed before seeing a winning season and he used to be in the stands at home games whenever he could afford tickets.

Damn it's a good time to be a Jacksonville jaguars fan.
I love you people! 
We're behind you people.
Every time you cheer during a home game we can hear you and you make us proud.

(01-05-2018, 05:58 PM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]And now...
After many years of suffering We are 1 day away from a home playoff game that our team earned.

The Jacksonville jaguars have earned a home playoff game.

Some of us hung around and our losing meant not much other than a brief disappointment.
  Some hung around and shed tears as our team flailed and floundered.
Wherever you may fit into the above categories you are right nowRight here, reading this and based on that you're probably in there somewhere.

I personally am one that actually she'd a few years along the way over our jaguars failures and I live in southern California and can not afford to come to Jacksonville for this or any game for that matter.
  I am not alone.
  There are thousands and thousands of jaguars fans who live too far from jax to personally attend a game.
  So I take the liberty of speaking for all of us that cheer from afar.
I'm speaking  (or writing lol if you will ).
To those jaguars fans who are able to attend games.
During the pregame I am typically stuck staring at the TV while the river landing is shown, maybe a beach shot or 2 and the st. Johns river prior to the kick off.
I look for changes I recognize 
And I gloat every time to my wife and any other poor soul who happens to be in the room with me at the sheer beauty of jax.
I look closely at the fans who are shown
Closely at the attendance. 
I listen closely to what the commentators have to say and I can't get enough.  Lol.

(I have to share this....watching the shots of downtown I can't help but remember the horrible smell from the papermill lol that used to stink the whole town up.  Is that still there? 
  And I worry whomever is watching with me might know about that smell and I hope they can't smell it through the tv. Lol.
Because it used to be so bad it's possible lol.)

I'm so damn proud of this team and proud to be a Jacksonville native that I wanted to share with you that live in Jacksonville that pay to see the games ....

That I  (we) appreciate you for staying around and supporting the jaguars. I buy authentic merchandise and do what I can to support from afar.but...
If people like you had all given up we wouldn't still have a team and this weekend would just be another weekend without an NFL team to cheer for for me (us).
 You make us proud.
In your redneck glory.

I can't wait for the pregame telecast.
Those of you in the stands for the game?
You carry a little piece of me with you.
My passion. 
My father's passion.
 who suffered through many losing seasons as a die hard jags fan. He passed before seeing a winning season and he used to be in the stands at home games whenever he could afford tickets.

Damn it's a good time to be a Jacksonville jaguars fan.
I love you people! 
We're behind you people.
Every time you cheer during a home game we can hear you and you make us proud.

Thank you.
Diehardjagsfaninsocal
You and I both, I'm over 1500 miles away in western Canada, will be representing them at the bar this weekend for the game.
(12-31-2017, 05:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Westbrook needs to stop with the alligator arms.

(01-05-2018, 09:11 PM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: [ -> ]You and I both, I'm over 1500 miles away in western Canada, will be representing them at the bar this weekend for the game.

Lol live that man!
Representing the world around!
I'm fairly confident that we're the only Jags family in the state, but we will be giving our support from Alaska.

Dragging the wife and 33 month-old son down to a local hangout (Peanut Farm) on Sunday to watch the game. 

Wife is Chinese and doesn't understand or care about football, but I'm making her wear a jersey anyway (F. Taylor - 28, which is the only one I have that is small enough to fit her).

I'll be in my Poz jersey and son will be in a Jags generic youth T (which will be too big).

Not expecting a win by any means, but will be there cheering us on.  Go Jags!
(01-06-2018, 05:34 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fairly confident that we're the only Jags family in the state, but we will be giving our support from Alaska.

Dragging the wife and 33 month-old son down to a local hangout (Peanut Farm) on Sunday to watch the game. 

Wife is Chinese and doesn't understand or care about football, but I'm making her wear a jersey anyway (F. Taylor - 28, which is the only one I have that is small enough to fit her).

I'll be in my Poz jersey and son will be in a Jags generic youth T (which will be too big).

Not expecting a win by any means, but will be there cheering us on.  Go Jags!

Awesome man!
I'm glad you checked in all the way from Alaska! .enjoy the game brother!
Yeah this is exciting, this game is so important that just about every NFL fan will watch/listen to the game which will be the most undivided attention this team has had in a long time. Time to show the world the jags are for real.
Where do you live in So Cal again? I lived in the Redlands, CA area for 2.5 years until just last year when I moved back to Nashville, TN. Never lived a day in my life or ever been to Jacksonville so I feel your pain!
(01-07-2018, 08:57 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you live in So Cal again? I lived in the Redlands, CA area for 2.5 years until just last year when I moved back to Nashville, TN. Never lived a day in my life or ever been to Jacksonville so I feel your pain!

Redlands huh?
We're looking at houses in Redlands to buy.
We're in rancho Cucamonga
(01-07-2018, 09:17 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2018, 08:57 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you live in So Cal again? I lived in the Redlands, CA area for 2.5 years until just last year when I moved back to Nashville, TN. Never lived a day in my life or ever been to Jacksonville so I feel your pain!

Redlands huh?
We're looking at houses in Redlands to buy.
We're in rancho Cucamonga

Awesome man! Yeah I lived out there for 2.5 years from 2014-2017 but moved back to Nashville. Originally from the South. I miss the weather! I should have hung out with you for a fellow Jags fan around.
Couldn't be more fired up! First post, been lurking this forum for over 12 years. Also from Western Canada, Vancouver. Let's gooooooooooooo JAGS
[Image: WEsX7J5.jpg]I live in japan and was home in Jax for the holidays, just missed this game by 2 days as I flew back on Friday. Will be listening to the radio at 3 am here and hoping to hear a rocking crowd at the ‘Bank

That below freezing day we had last week, I drove to the stadium to check out all the new additions for the first time. It was eerie how quiet it felt, and knowing that just a few days later it would be packed and loud
I don't post much, but have been here from the beginning and still have my Inaugural Year 1995 poster. Go Jaguars!