Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offensive game plan vs. Pitt.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There's not a chance that Hackett attempts a game plan like this again, is there? We were playing not to lose. That isn't going to hack it (pun intended) against Pitt. They are an experienced team who should be able to score 17 at a minimum. We need to open it up a little bit and take some shots downfield. We cannot play scared.
Pray for heavy heavy heavy snow storm.
What is this offensive game plan that you speak of?
Next game everyone should be more calm. Blake got in a rhythm late in the game. But as always the defense will need to make plays for us to have a chance to win
Let's pray that lightning strikes twice.
(01-07-2018, 05:34 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]There's not a chance that Hackett attempts a game plan like this again, is there? We were playing not to lose. That isn't going to back it (pun intended) against Pitt. They are an experienced team who should be able to score 17 at a minimum. We need to open it up a little bit and take some shots downfield. We cannot play scared.

14 attempts for 95 yards and an INT in the first game. I'd say there's a good chance we see something very similar to that game and this game.
(01-07-2018, 05:39 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2018, 05:34 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]There's not a chance that Hackett attempts a game plan like this again, is there? We were playing not to lose. That isn't going to back it (pun intended) against Pitt. They are an experienced team who should be able to score 17 at a minimum. We need to open it up a little bit and take some shots downfield. We cannot play scared.

14 attempts for 95 yards and an INT in the first game. I'd say there's a good chance we see something very similar to that game and this game.

I'll only accept this if it the game results are also similar.
Can we STOP doing that triple option thing with Fournette and Marqise??? It’s only worked, like, once. I feel like Hackett attempts these trick plays when we don’t even need to.

Oh and the screen. We just can’t screen, it’s a futile effort. Our guards are always way too slow to their blocks.

We obviously can’t run to set up the pass. We NEED the pass to even dream of setting up the run.
(01-07-2018, 05:46 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Can we STOP doing that triple option thing with Fournette and Marqise??? It’s only worked, like, once. I feel like Hackett attempts these trick plays when we don’t even need to.

Oh and the screen. We just can’t screen, it’s a futile effort. Our guards are always way too slow to their blocks.

We obviously can’t run to set up the pass. We NEED the pass to even dream of setting up the run.

I agree. Aftw r seeing this game there is no doubt that the Steelers are going to come out with 9 in the box and running downhill at us. Blake needs to be sharp and accurate early otherwise we won't have a chance. If he can hit hisnpasses early and allow us to run effectively, I believe we can win this game. If he plays like he didntoday, we will lose by 20.
I am thinking Fournette up the middle for 2 to 0 yards every first down. Followed by a cutback on second that gains maybe a yard or two, then a screen pass on third. 91% of the gameplan right there.
(01-07-2018, 05:39 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

Go back and watch that int, it wasnt on play calling or the qb. Also they only needing to attempt sp few because we were dominating so bad.
Prepare for a craptastic first half. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
(01-07-2018, 05:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Go back and watch that int, it wasnt on play calling or the qb. Also they only needing to attempt sp few because we were dominating so bad.

We were losing 9-6 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Thank god the defense turned god mode cause if we needed our offense to win that game it would be foolish to think we would have won.

It's going to be a long week if the narrative is "we already dominated them so bad once we'll do it again".
Run middle
Run middle
Pass
Punt

That's all Hackett can do
(01-07-2018, 06:00 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2018, 05:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Go back and watch that int, it wasnt on play calling or the qb. Also they only needing to attempt sp few because we were dominating so bad.

We were losing 9-6 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Thank god the defense turned god mode cause if we needed our offense to win that game it would be foolish to think we would have won.

It's going to be a long week if the narrative is "we already dominated them so bad once we'll do it again".

I don't think you're going to find a single person here who would try and push that narrative. It's clear we are going to have to play much better than we did in that game if we are going to win in Pittsburgh in January.
We are gonna need a special teams and defensive td
Our offensive game plan against the Bills was play defense.
(01-07-2018, 06:01 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Run middle
Run middle
Pass
Punt

That's all Hackett can do

And the occasional screenplay on second down too
When you watch replays of plays on offense... you can see receivers in 1v1 situations down the field that normally QBs will challenge. Of late.. Bortles has been making those attempts. He was just nervous as heck and a deer in the headlights. I think they began to call more screens because they were noticing Bortles was not pulling the trigger... so in attempt to get it going... screens. I think this week @PITT will be way different... nothing to lose and not expected to win. Just sling it Borts.
(01-07-2018, 05:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Pray for heavy heavy heavy snow storm.

The worse the weather, the better chance we have.
Pages: 1 2 3 4