Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Its time to start Hurns opposite Lee at the Z wr spot..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason passing game was way off chemistry everything.. I think start Lee Hurns.. Then put Westbrook and Cole on the inside..we can put Westbrook at the z while Hurns slides into the Y spot.. When there 3 r more WR on the field.. Hurns can take the hits over the middle with his 6-3 205 pound frame.. Plus with Lee and Westbrook on the outside it'll force defenses to play man to man and Bortles will take advantage of that..

This IMO is the best way to utilize Blake Bortles to his strengths.. Even running the ball don't forget Bortles played his best in college on the run and in rushing yards..

(01-08-2018, 01:10 AM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason passing game was way off chemistry everything.. I think start Lee Hurns.. Then put Westbrook and Cole on the inside..we can put Westbrook at the z while Hurns slides into the Y spot.. When there 3 r more WR on the field.. Hurns can take the hits over the middle with his 6-3 205 pound frame.. Plus with Lee and Westbrook on the outside it'll force defenses to play man to man and Bortles will take advantage of that..

This IMO is the best way to utilize Blake Bortles to his strengths.. Even running the ball don't forget Bortles played his best in college when throwing on the run and in rushing yards..
(01-08-2018, 01:10 AM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason passing game was way off chemistry everything.. I think start Lee Hurns.. Then put Westbrook and Cole on the inside..we can put Westbrook at the z while Hurns slides into the Y spot.. When there 3 r more WR on the field.. Hurns can take the hits over the middle with his 6-3 205 pound frame.. Plus with Lee and Westbrook on the outside it'll force defenses to play man to man and Bortles will take advantage of that..

This IMO is the best way to utilize Blake Bortles to his strengths.. Even running the ball don't forget Bortles played his best in college on the run and in rushing yards..
We need Westbrook in there to break up the passes that are on the verge of being intercepted by the defenders.
Lee at X, Hurns at Y and Westbrook at Z was exactly what they lined up on that near INT on the comeback to Westbrook.
They also used Cole at X, Hurns at Y and Westbrook at Z some.

Basically - I think they are already doing what the OP is asking for quite a bit.