Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Butt Hurt Steelers Fans on Twitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the aftermath of the Jaguars 10-3 win over Buffalo, there have been fans who have been bellyaching over the game clinching play.

Specifically, Steelers fans have complained that Jalen Ramsey's INT was problematic on 4 levels.

1.  There was Pass Interference-nevermind that Ramsey was going for the ball and has a right to that ball.  That's known as incidental contact.

2.  There was no interception because the ball moved, and that if the INT was a catch, then so was Jesse James against the Pats.

3.  There should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct flag on Ramsey because he dunked the ball over the goalpost.

4.  There should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct flag on Ramsey for taking his helmet off during the game.

Assuming 3 & 4 to be true, that changes nothing regarding the end of the game.  The Jaguars would have been penalized 30 yards, they still have the ball and the lead, Buffalo still has no times out, the Jaguars still down the ball and it's still game over.

Regarding the actual INT, I saw the replay on the video boards, and on TV, and saw no conclusive evidence the ball moved.  Maybe that's on me.

But Steelers fans should be the LAST ones, I mean the VERY LAST ones bellyaching about being robbed by a bad call, considering the immaculate deception, the phantom PI penalty against Benny Barnes in SB XIII, Mike Renfro wrongly ruled out of bounds in the AFC Championship game the next year, Kordell Stewart being wrongly ruled IN bounds during the AFC championship game vs the Colts, and the absolute travesty of a game against the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL.  To this day, Steelers fans are the only group who think that game was officiated properly.
The goal post dunk I thought was a no no as far as the League is concerned. I remember when a player taking his helmet off on the field was a no no as well, but I see it happen so frequently without repercussion that I have to assume that the rule on that has changed at some point.
I was under the impression that the Steelers, along with the Patriots, were under the protection of The Zebra Syndicate.
(01-08-2018, 07:17 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]In the aftermath of the Jaguars 10-3 win over Buffalo, there have been fans who have been bellyaching over the game clinching play.

Specifically, Steelers fans have complained that Jalen Ramsey's INT was problematic on 4 levels.

1.  There was Pass Interference-nevermind that Ramsey was going for the ball and has a right to that ball.  That's known as incidental contact.

2.  There was no interception because the ball moved, and that if the INT was a catch, then so was Jesse James against the Pats.

3.  There should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct flag on Ramsey because he dunked the ball over the goalpost.

4.  There should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct flag on Ramsey for taking his helmet off during the game.

Assuming 3 & 4 to be true, that changes nothing regarding the end of the game.  The Jaguars would have been penalized 30 yards, they still have the ball and the lead, Buffalo still has no times out, the Jaguars still down the ball and it's still game over.

Regarding the actual INT, I saw the replay on the video boards, and on TV, and saw no conclusive evidence the ball moved.  Maybe that's on me.

But Steelers fans should be the LAST ones, I mean the VERY LAST ones bellyaching about being robbed by a bad call, considering the immaculate deception, the phantom PI penalty against Benny Barnes in SB XIII, Mike Renfro wrongly ruled out of bounds in the AFC Championship game the next year, Kordell Stewart being wrongly ruled IN bounds during the AFC championship game vs the Colts, and the absolute travesty of a game against the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL.  To this day, Steelers fans are the only group who think that game was officiated properly.
[Image: kvnsVTk.jpg][Image: tdZmIWn.jpg][Image: uJPL2u9.jpg]

While you can expect bad officiating at any time, the last few drives were blatant pass interference several times. Oh well we will get you next year. Steelers fans are right though. While the player has the right to the ball, he is not allowed to hip check the WR out of the way. That's the definition of pass interference.
(01-08-2018, 07:27 AM)What a Tuel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 07:17 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]In the aftermath of the Jaguars 10-3 win over Buffalo, there have been fans who have been bellyaching over the game clinching play.

[Image: kvnsVTk.jpg][Image: a1hDV6R.jpg][Image: uJPL2u9.jpg]

You suck.

You lost.

Go home!
The ball never touched the ground lol. I watched the replay and just didn’t see where the ball touched the ground definitively. It was just a great play by an all pro corner. And guess what, when you are a super star you get super star calls or no calls. They see what’s coming and are preparing for the worst.
Coming back to argue pass interference? What a loser!

It was an interception. Get over it. Ramsey da GOAT.

We comin PITT!

Wow, you have a very good memory.  Kudos! 

I saw the interception on TV, all the replays, etc, and I am convinced it was a good interception.   Regardless of whether the ball moved when he hit the ground, his hand/arm was under the ball and he had control of it.

(01-08-2018, 07:35 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]The ball never touched the ground lol. I watched the replay and just didn’t see where the ball touched the ground definitively. It was just a great play by an all pro corner. And guess what, when you are a super star you get super star calls or no calls. They see what’s coming and are preparing for the worst.

That was not a super star call, it was a super star play and a correct call.
Steelers fans arguing about a team getting unfair treatment by the refs? Steelers fans? Really?

The Pittsburgh Steelers have been the recipients of NUMEROUS shady calls and blatant refereeing mistakes over the decades I have seen them.

Oh Please,, give me a break.
The ball can move if it doesn't touch the ground and the player is in bounds. squealers fan is just ignorant.

While you can expect bad officiating at any time, the last few drives were blatant pass interference several times. Oh well we will get you next year. Steelers fans are right though. While the player has the right to the ball, he is not allowed to hip check the WR out of the way. That's the definition of pass interference.

Next year... Laughing
I’m still steaming over the lack of hands to the face and holds by the bills. Or how about the first down by rolling two yards! Overall, the officiating was what it has been all year. Arguing over those plays mentioned above is rediculous, especially considering how New York loves to call in to screw the Jags!

Maybe next year. 

The perennial chant of losing teams.
lol pretending Nathan Peterman would have won that game.

Bills had some lucky calls by the Refs, including one where they gave the team a first down when it clearly wasn't one. They knew it too, which is why they got the snap off so fast after that.
(01-08-2018, 08:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow, you have a very good memory.  Kudos! 

I saw the interception on TV, all the replays, etc, and I am convinced it was a good interception.   Regardless of whether the ball moved when he hit the ground, his hand/arm was under the ball and he had control of it.

(01-08-2018, 07:35 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]The ball never touched the ground lol. I watched the replay and just didn’t see where the ball touched the ground definitively. It was just a great play by an all pro corner. And guess what, when you are a super star you get super star calls or no calls. They see what’s coming and are preparing for the worst.

That was not a super star call, it was a super star play and a correct call.

True
I like taking still shots of replays where it is a high speed game with the action happening in fractions of seconds. It wasn't pass interference. The jaguars secondary plays man to man very well.

All this being said.... We will get abused by the flags in Pittsburg. The jaguars better play to win on offense because they will need to overcome the opponent and the refs.

Lololololololol let it go, pal. We could all dig up some still frames of penalties that were missed on both sides. A lot of those were bang-bang plays. If you want 100% accuracy, go play a simulation. 

It's less than a year before the jags get the chance to stomp you in your own house.
I just registered and tried to post a reply to them overlooking the Jags on their forum and they did not approve it. It was not vulgar, just reminded them that before blowing off the Jaguars they should remember that Big Ben is probably having nightmares about having to face the Jaguars Defense again and that if they recalled Big Ben was about ready to quit football after facing the Jags defense last time and that I was certain that I saw tears flowing from his eyes after the game.

sissies

Where does it say Ramsey doesn’t have equal access to the ball? At no point does he stop him from attempting a catch; he only made a more assertive effort on his behalf. If the receiver had done the same thing, you wouldn’t have thought anything of it. 

I guess you’re OK with all the holding against Campbell and Yannick, huh?
(01-08-2018, 08:39 AM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]Steelers fans arguing about a team getting unfair treatment by the refs? Steelers fans? Really?

The Pittsburgh Steelers have been the recipients of NUMEROUS shady calls and blatant refereeing mistakes over the decades I have seen them.

Oh Please,, give me a break.

All of my hometown friend and college buddies up in Pittsburgh were pulling for the Jags as they love the slug fest history of the Steelers / Jags games.
Pages: 1 2