Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFC Championship, home field advantage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How is AFC home field advantage decided? Do we have a potential of having AFC championship here if we beat Steelers?
It's not that hard to figure out. The highest ranked team always gets home field.
I think only if the tacks beats New England
(01-08-2018, 11:26 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I think only if the tacks beats New England

Precisely this. The SB rotates between conference for who's "home" & "away" aka: what colors you wear and who calls the toss for a neutral site game.

But everything from wildcard to conference championship is decided by seed. in order for us to host the AFC Championship game we'd have to be the highest remaining seed, in this case the only way that happens is if the Titans somehow beat the Patriots and we oust the Steelers.
The NFL would cry if the Titans v Jags was their AFC Championship game
(01-08-2018, 11:50 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL would cry if the Titans v Jags was their AFC Championship game

You got that right

Would be great if that happened
god please let the AFC championship be Titans vs Jags in the chlorine pit
(01-08-2018, 11:50 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL would cry if the Titans v Jags was their AFC Championship game

The NFC would rejoice lol
anyone that wants to play tittans is nuts. its the one team jags can't beat. 0-5 last 5 times withTC as a Jaguar. I have more confidence in jags beating pats if we get past steelers first.  Jags can't beat tittians.
(01-08-2018, 11:51 AM)The Hammer Wrote: [ -> ]

You got that right

Because the Patriots and titans play on Saturday, if the titans somehow win, prepare for a Ref-job to try to prevent that from happening.
(01-09-2018, 09:18 AM)DangerousBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 11:51 AM)The Hammer Wrote: [ -> ]You got that right

Because the Patriots and titans play on Saturday, if the titans somehow win, prepare for a Ref-job to try to prevent that from happening.

Unfortunately, this is probably true.

The NFL is all about wanting the big market, Star QB-led teams in their biggest stage games.

Let's see: Pittsburgh and NE two storied, big market franchises with Star QBs  (Brady, Ben)
-or-
small market Jax with,, uumm Blake Bortles.

Yup. The Jags would have to overcome a major "Ref-job" to advance.

I'd love to see them overcome that and advance anyway, shoving it right in the NFL's Ref-job face!

I would venture to say if SOMEHOW the Titians beat the Pats. The Jags vs Steelers game will be one of the worst officiated games in NFL history. I am a firm believe that NFL point shaves for TV ratings. The NFL would be fine with either the Jags or Titians in the AFC championship but not both. Maybe I am just being paranoid. Big Grin
The amount of people that can't spell "Titans" is absurd. Holy ball sack.

I pray to the football gods Tennessee beats NE this weekend and we beat Pitt. I know I have a better chance at winning the lottery, but how awesome it would be to beat the Titans and redeem 99.
(01-09-2018, 10:00 AM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 09:18 AM)DangerousBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Because the Patriots and titans play on Saturday, if the titans somehow win, prepare for a Ref-job to try to prevent that from happening.

The NFL is all about wanting the big market, Star QB-led teams in their biggest stage games.

Let's see: Pittsburgh and NE two storied, big market franchises with Star QBs  (Brady, Ben)
-or-

I'd love to see them overcome that and advance anyway, shoving it right in the NFL's Ref-job face!

I've been telling people at work we're going to have to face the refs as well this weekend. It's unfortunately the truth.
(01-09-2018, 10:00 AM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 09:18 AM)DangerousBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Because the Patriots and titans play on Saturday, if the titans somehow win, prepare for a Ref-job to try to prevent that from happening.

-or-

I think both games will be lopsided from an officiating standpoint.  The NFL doesn't want either team in the championship game.
Yeah - I'm dreading any potential "reviews from the New York headquarters."

While I'm not a conspiracy theorist in the slightest about the vast majority of controversial topics, the history of the NFL's officiating over the past decade or so really does suggest that the officiating caters to the larger market teams advancing in the postseason.

It's not cut and dry, but there's a pretty strong case to be made.
(01-09-2018, 11:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah - I'm dreading any potential "reviews from the New York headquarters."

While I'm not a conspiracy theorist in the slightest about the vast majority of controversial topics, the history of the NFL's officiating over the past decade or so really does suggest that the officiating caters to the larger market teams advancing in the postseason.

This team really isn't built to even be as far as they are (not until next year when they can score points as well as stop the other team from scoring them) so it's awesome they made it where they have, but I see little to no reason to think this inept (at this point) offense can overcome the Steelers AND the refs. It's going to take a miracle from the defense to pull this one off. Having said that, there's still more than a chance. Smile

(01-09-2018, 11:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah - I'm dreading any potential "reviews from the New York headquarters."

This team really isn't built to even be as far as they are (not until next year when they can score points as well as stop the other team from scoring them) so it's awesome they made it where they have, but I see little to no reason to think this inept (at this point) offense can overcome the Steelers AND the refs. It's going to take a miracle from the defense to pull this one off. Having said that, there's still more than a chance. Smile
(01-09-2018, 11:16 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]The amount of people that can't spell "Titans" is absurd. Holy ball sack.

For some intentionally misspelling titans is a sign of disrespecting our rivals. I won't misspell it, but I show my disrespect by not capitalizing it.
(01-09-2018, 11:35 AM)DangerousBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 11:16 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]The amount of people that can't spell "Titans" is absurd. Holy ball sack.

For some intentionally misspelling titans is a sign of disrespecting our rivals. I won't misspell it, but I show my disrespect by not capitalizing it.

Must be the grammar Nazi or OCD in me then. With Snowwolf though, it's not a case of disrespecting. Lol
(01-09-2018, 11:58 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 11:35 AM)DangerousBoy Wrote: [ -> ]For some intentionally misspelling titans is a sign of disrespecting our rivals. I won't misspell it, but I show my disrespect by not capitalizing it.

Must be the grammar Nazi or OCD in me then. With Snowwolf though, it's not a case of disrespecting. Lol

He spells it just fine in his signature though.
Pages: 1 2