Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ** THE OFFICIAL PITTSBURGH WEATHER THREAD **
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
High of 18 - Low of 8 on Sunday !!!  

Cloudy & Cold -- Flurries on Saturday

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USPA1290:1:US

[Image: snowypgh(1).jpg?ver=1450554081]
That's a defensive battle, running team, ball control weather. Jags got this.
(01-08-2018, 04:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]High of 17 - Low of 7 on Sunday !!!  

Cloudy & Cold -- Flurries on Saturday

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USPA1290:1:US

[Image: snowypgh(1).jpg?ver=1450554081]

I watched an interview with Ramsey and Bouye who were asked about the weather. They seemed to be a bit amused that it's even a question and said they'd do just fine. I think people forget these guys (the team) weren't born and bred in FL and many don't live there year round. I think we'll be fine. Didn't y'all just come out of a cold snap? It's not as cold as 17 degrees but it's something.

Also, that trolley car thing is pretty neat.
funicular.

Anyone else thinking of going? Plane tix look expensive where I live but only a 9 hour or drive or so which is doable. Tickets to the game look really cheap.
(01-08-2018, 04:39 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]funicular.

Anyone else thinking of going?  Plane tix look expensive where I live but only a 9 hour or drive or so which is doable.  Tickets to the game look really cheap.

No kidding $110 for a Steelers Home playoff game is unreal.  

I'm going to reluctantly pass on the opportunity to sit outside in 10 degree weather surrounded by swirling winds that have an adverse wind chill effect.
This is actually shaping up nicely
References to a "cold weather" team means a team that can run effectively...not one who's stadium is in cold weather.

With that said, both QBs are going to have to pass effectively. I don't think game-plans will be dramatically different than if it was 80 degrees.
I was thinking about going. Plane tickets are really expensive though and Ironically im flying out to New York that following Tuesday so I don't think I'll be able to make it.
Much more concerned with the wind than the temperature.
(01-08-2018, 07:45 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Much more concerned with the wind than the temperature.

Forecast is 10mph right now so shouldn't be too bad in the stadium (fingers crossed).
Am I the only one who has thought to them self, "Pittsburgh weather aside, I'm just glad that Florida weather has returned to Florida.

I HATE the cold with a passion. Even more so since losing almost 100 lbs due to illness.
(01-08-2018, 09:14 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who has thought to them self, "Pittsburgh weather aside, I'm just glad that Florida weather has returned to Florida.

I HATE the cold with a passion. Even more so since losing almost 100 lbs due to illness.

I moved out of FL because I'm the exact opposite. Anything above 70 is hot. I really hate Summer.
(01-08-2018, 11:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 09:14 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who has thought to them self, "Pittsburgh weather aside, I'm just glad that Florida weather has returned to Florida.

I moved out of FL because I'm the exact opposite. Anything above 70 is hot. I really hate Summer.

Living in England, I'm really looking forward to our 72 hours worth of summer which usually arrives in July.

I'm still here but I'm just like you. I loathe hot weather. I was in heaven this last week. Jags in the playoffs and nice, cool temps.

I like NC weather. It can get hot and humid here but not for as long as it does down there. I do not miss FL weather at all. We actually have seasons and I love it. I would love to live in the mountains where it's even cooler but I'm not complaining.
(01-08-2018, 07:45 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Much more concerned with the wind than the temperature.

^ Yeah, it could be a huge factor in the game. 

Heinz Field is a NOTORIOUSLY hard place for FG kicking (especially in that one "open-ended" end zone of the stadium). 

With winds expected to be fairly high,, the offense is gonna have to get TDs at times instead of settling for a bunch of FG attempts.
Pittsburgh's Sunday forecast currently calls for:

19 degrees fahrenheit - 9 mph wind from the SW - 10% chance of precipitation - 59% humidity

Basically - it's just going to be cold. No big deal.
(01-09-2018, 12:09 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 11:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I moved out of FL because I'm the exact opposite. Anything above 70 is hot. I really hate Summer.

Living in England, I'm really looking forward to our 72 hours worth of summer which usually arrives in July.

I never realized England had a lengthy rain season until I started watching the Premier League a few years ago.  I gotta give credit to those fans who continuously sit through driving rain storms in 40 degree weather.
I suddenly could go for a Primanti's sandwich. Or even better, a Fathead's sandwich.

Yes, I just got back from 20 degree Pittsburgh (visiting family over Christmas) so I thought 45 degrees here was nice for a day or 2 but even that started feeling really cold again.  I love these 70 degree bursts that we get throughout the winter to remind us why we live here.

(01-09-2018, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I suddenly could go for a Primanti's sandwich.  Or even better, a Fathead's sandwich.

Nothing better than Primanti Brothers loaded with cool slaw & french fries at 2am  !!!

[Image: 44736_144939918862467_100000393802041_28...411501.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4