Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** The Official Jaguars Coaching Changes Thread ***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This thread is to discuss any potential coaching changes that might occur following the end of the season.

Right now for me, it's hard to predict. I think all coordinators are safe, barring a better job elsewhere. This includes Hackett. When this offense was clicking, he called very good games. The fact that he is in tune to the offense, and adjusts to what he has to work with shows flexibility, efficiency, and success.

Wash concerns me. He may get a shot somewhere else at a better job, given what he has done with the unit.

DeCamillis should also return, thankfully so.

I haven't given thought to the positional coaches, and we could see a tweak here or there, but my gut says the Jags start the 2018 season with a vast majority of the coaching and GM staff intact.
Are you serious Clark?

Please delete this thread until AFTER the season!
(01-08-2018, 07:17 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you serious Clark?

Please delete this thread until AFTER the season!

Why? Teams can ask for permission to speak with coaches right now. It's relevant and timely.

Get your panties out of a bunch and don't click on the topic until you put some clothes on.
I think the vast majority remain intact moving into 2018.
(01-08-2018, 07:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think the vast majority remain intact moving into 2018.

Same. Maybe a few lower level guys. 

I think Wash is safe for at least one more year
If anyone gets stolen it will be Wash. With the way our D played there will be some interest. If he does it again next year, we will lose him for sure.
Maybe if the Defense has a similar performance in 2018, Wash will be gone. But I don't think he is going anywhere after this current season
Can we enjoy this season first????
(01-08-2018, 08:46 PM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]Can we enjoy this season first????

Nobody's stopping you. See my above post for an explanation.
I wonder how often Doug Marrone rolled his eyes while Gus was in charge.
I think the only coach I’d stress about losing is Flaherty. 

It would be beyond my abilities to say whether the defensive credit is to Wash or the extreme amount of talent he’s working with.
(01-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only coach I’d stress about losing is Flaherty. 

It would be beyond my abilities to say whether the defensive credit is to Wash or the extreme amount of talent he’s working with.

It's nice to have lots and lots of shiny tools. Cool
Who is giving him a HC position after 1 season? Jags can block an interview for DC and why would he want to leave the Jags' defense.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
(01-08-2018, 10:36 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Who is giving him a HC position after 1 season? Jags can block an interview for DC and why would he want to leave the Jags' defense.

You sure about that one season thing?
(01-08-2018, 10:47 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 10:36 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Who is giving him a HC position after 1 season? Jags can block an interview for DC and why would he want to leave the Jags' defense.

You sure about that one season thing?
Good season, running his own system. He was just a body calling the Gus crap plays

Hackett needs to be gone.

As an aside...we need to get Mayfield in the draft. No better time than nect year to retool the offense since our defense should be great again.
(01-08-2018, 10:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 10:47 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]You sure about that one season thing?
Good season, running his own system. He was just a body calling the Gus crap plays

And how did that turn out? Just sayin'
4 all pro players on Wash’s unit not counting another pro bowl player and a couple “snubs”.

Hard to imagine any coordinator screwing that up.
(01-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only coach I’d stress about losing is Flaherty. 

Flaherty came here because of Coughlin, so I doubt he's going anywhere. I know this first-hand as I picked him up from the airport when I drove for Uber, and brought him to the stadium. We had a decent conversation on the way. *sidenote* He chews cigars, but doesn't smoke them... and he doesn't tip.... cheap bastid.
(01-08-2018, 10:51 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 10:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Good season, running his own system. He was just a body calling the Gus crap plays

And how did that turn out? Just sayin'
Not great. 1 year in full control has been great, but a HC is completely different. He needs to do it a few years and show he can do more than just the DC stuff.

Pages: 1 2