Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - A.J. Bouye to Big Ben: 'Be careful what you wish for'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A.J. Bouye to Big Ben: 'Be careful what you wish for'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...u-wish-for

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said last week that he hoped to face the Jaguars in the Divisional Round to make up for a five-interception game in Week 5.
I am worried about this rematch. How could you not be.
I still think the Jags match up well if they can limit Bell.

The Jags offense clearly will have to play a bit more aggressively and will likely need 20 or more points to win this one.
They can lean on the defense, but they can't let them carry the whole load again.
This defense will smother pitt.
This is not even close to the same as playing them in the regular season. It will be a hell of a lot closer than 30-9.
This is a winnable game for us, provided we have more production out of our offense.

It doesn't have to be stellar, St. Louis Rams greatest show on turf sort of production. But we need sustained drives, at least enough to where if we punt the ball, they won't get it at midfield. We need to sustain drives long enough to give the defense rest and to sustain them long enough to show threats on the ground and in the air. We need points (I would say about 17 offensive points) and no offensive turnovers and no killer penalties.
(01-09-2018, 01:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]This is a winnable game for us, provided we have more production out of our offense.

It doesn't have to be stellar, St. Louis Rams greatest show on turf sort of production. But we need sustained drives, at least enough to where if we punt the ball, they won't get it at midfield. We need to sustain drives long enough to give the defense rest and to sustain them long enough to show threats on the ground and in the air. We need points (I would say about 17 offensive points) and no offensive turnovers and no killer penalties.

I agree with this. As I've shared with some of my squeeler friends, our team is young, good and still inconsistent. We can win any game and we can lose any game.

I think we match up well against pit but will need more out of our O if we think we are going to move on. On that note, I would like to see a few more of those tosses to Fournette, everyone is complaining about his explosiveness but when he hit the line at full speed he looked just as fast as his long run against the rams.

Bortles was obviously struggling with the pass this weekend and I'm glad that he found something the defense didn't have an answer for and started beating them with his legs. While I don't know that I would say the OL played poorly, I did feel that the pocket was getting impacted by the rush and making downfield shots even more difficult. I can't imagine that will be easier this week with all the blitzing pit likes to bring. Hoping we can figure out the pass pro a little better and Bortles finds his mojo to go deep a few times. I would also love to see a play calling mix that has us try a few more passes on 1st earlier in the game. It did feel very run, run, pass for most of the first half.
I just don’t see how we win this rematch. Steelers are gonna be gunning to take our team down.
The only thing I’m sure of is that we need Telvin covering Bell. No one else would be able to keep up with him. I don’t expect anything out of the offense, so I’m hoping for a few defensive plays / turnovers that’ll gift us a TD or few FGs. As long as we get just a little bit of help from the offense, I think we can win this game. If they play as they did against Buffalo, I think we lose easily.
If we can control Bell, we can control this game. But hes very good, so its not like that's easy.
The Steelers will have issues trying to win this game. Look at the competition they have won against.

Big Ben will throw some picks, after the 1st or 2nd pick they will lose the will to win the game.

If you look at what Big Ben said, "that wasn't me". It is essentially a knock on the defense and indirectly says they are not as good as advertised, "it was my fault".

I cant wait for Sunday.
(01-09-2018, 03:20 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]The Steelers will have issues trying to win this game.  Look at the competition they have won against.

Big Ben will throw some picks,  after the 1st or 2nd pick they will lose the will to win the game.

I sure hope the game plays out like this.
(01-09-2018, 03:20 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]The Steelers will have issues trying to win this game.  Look at the competition they have won against.

Big Ben will throw some picks,  after the 1st or 2nd pick they will lose the will to win the game.

If you look at what Big Ben said, "that wasn't me".  It is essentially a knock on the defense and indirectly says they are not as good as advertised, "it was my fault".

I cant wait for Sunday.
Lose the will to win? There is no way that happens. The Steelers are a veteran team with a veteran head coach. They won't lose the will to win until the game is over.
(01-09-2018, 04:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

If you look at what Big Ben said, "that wasn't me".  It is essentially a knock on the defense and indirectly says they are not as good as advertised, "it was my fault".

I cant wait for Sunday.
Lose the will to win? There is no way that happens. The Steelers are a veteran team with a veteran head coach. They won't lose the will to win until the game is over.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Cleatwood. The Steelers losing the will to win in the playoffs in a home game? Um no.
I also don’t take Bens comments as a knock on the D. He was taking full blame. What else would he say? ‘Man that team is too good and I can’t compete with them’?
Let's hope that they are looking ahead to the Pats
I want Ben to throw the ball more. Please throw a lot.
Stop either Brown or Bell and Jags have a great chance. This team's D can do that.
I am really concerned about this team's ability to score points against PIT.
It's going to be fun to watch meaningful JAX football in JAN!
We always play good teams tough, it will be a good game reguardless of the result.

Go jags.
The key to this game is our running game. If fournette keeps hitting a brick wall and the rest of our backs struggle we lose. You do not want Bortles throwing it 25+ times against that defense. Our defense has to create turnovers.
Pages: 1 2