Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Steelers Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anybody is going up there for the game? A few people from the game where I was sitting said they were. Hope we have a decent showing of jags fans. But most likely there's not going to be much. Already talking with my buddy about if we beat Pitt and the tacks beat NE, gonna get tickets to the home game again. It was so energetic this past weekend. Would love another home outing. But man oh man, do we have to bring our A game this weekend!
It's a 9 hour drive here from Nashville with a high of 19. So I think I'm going to just watch it from my couch with my old school Jaguars throw. Much warmer and cozier Smile

[Image: DrSOarF.jpg]
I'm going! 6-hour drive from Virginia, and honestly, I've always wanted to go to one of these bigtime, cold-weather playoff games that we all grew up watching.......like at Lambeau, Foxboro......or Pittsburgh. So, I'm bundling up, taking a few shots and cheering on some Jag football
I like that Jags blanket!

Mentioned in another thread I was thinking of going. Closest reasonable flight would be out of Atlanta but tickets are insane. Could drive but it'd be 9-10 hours. ANd if it's snowing up there friday and saturday could make the drive even longer. Tickets in pittsburgh are super cheap though! tough to pass that opportunity up!
I live just outside of Pittsburgh and work in the city. Still won't be at the stadium. Reality is playoff tickets are priiiiiicey here in the Burgh and basically everything except upper level is going to be close to $1k. You can get nosebleeds in terrible sections for $120ish, but at that point... I'd rather just watch at home.

I have reached out to a couple of companies I work with to see if anyone's hosting an event in one of the suites though... fingers crossed on that hail mary haha
(01-09-2018, 01:48 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I like that Jags blanket!

Mentioned in another thread I was thinking of going. Closest reasonable flight would be out of Atlanta but tickets are insane. Could drive but it'd be 9-10 hours. ANd if it's snowing up there friday and saturday could make the drive even longer. Tickets in pittsburgh are super cheap though! tough to pass that opportunity up!

Thanks man! Can't remember when I got it but obviously it's been a few years. It took some convincing but my wife is letting me keep it on the couch. Probably will change her mind though once the playoffs are done.
Gotta go with the Jaguars Tiki Tailgate Party

[Image: 239813.jpg]
The in-laws were ready to have me come up but I have a bowling tournament this weekend. I'll be watching in a sports bar somewhere in Ocala as my bowling won't end until 12:30ish on Sunday and I ain't missing any of the game.
I will be watching this one at a bar that I can swim up to in Jamaica.
Seriously - I leave for Jamaica on Saturday.
(01-09-2018, 02:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I will be watching this one at a bar that I can swim up to in Jamaica.

Guess that beats my bowling tournament story.

Jerk.   Tongue
I’ll be there, section 218. 

First away game!
(01-09-2018, 01:29 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]It's a 9 hour drive here from Nashville with a high of 19. So I think I'm going to just watch it from my couch with my old school Jaguars throw. Much warmer and cozier Smile

[Image: DrSOarF.jpg]

Sounds like a plan to me.

Nice blanket, Btw
I have friends going. I thought about it for a moment, but I can't afford to give up 3 days as I have some other obligations I'm working on. I also have several friends that are Pittsburgh transplants that live here now. One said he might go but that the cold is going to be so brutal that he's leaning toward not going. Not only are the temps going to be what they are, but he says it being an open air stadium will have that wind coming off the river and will chill you to the bone. Said he had to leave the game early the last time he went to one up there that was this temperature cause it was just that bad. Never been myself, but to any that are going make sure you are well prepared for that cold.

On a side note, Spirit airlines flies direct to Pittsburgh out of Orlando and Tampa. I think the Orlando flights up and back may be pretty well booked up, but the Tampa flights still have seats going up on Saturday and coming back on Monday and they are on sale dirt cheap today only. If you are considering driving up the 12+ hours to get there and 12+ back, might be worth considering driving the 3.5 hours to Tampa instead and flying cheap. I think a round trip flight out of Tampa on Saturday with a checked bag was around $140 and that price is today only. Spirit is cheap regardless, but that price today is probably less for two people than the gas driving up there and back would be.
(01-09-2018, 01:49 PM)Diz Wrote: [ -> ]I live just outside of Pittsburgh and work in the city.  Still won't be at the stadium.  Reality is playoff tickets are priiiiiicey here in the Burgh and basically everything except upper level is going to be close to $1k.  You can get nosebleeds in terrible sections for $120ish, but at that point... I'd rather just watch at home.

I have reached out to a couple of companies I work with to see if anyone's hosting an event in one of the suites though... fingers crossed on that hail mary haha

No, tickets are reasonable, bro........just bought two in lower level Section 111, which is about the 45-yard line behind the Jags bench, for about $260 each.  Looks to me like a lotta Pittsburgh ticket-holders are selling their Jags tickets to save up to make the trip to Foxboro the following week Cool
(01-09-2018, 02:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I will be watching this one at a bar that I can swim up to in Jamaica.

Dang, you got me beat.  I'll be in Miami (Clevelander on South Beach?) watching the game since my daughter has a 10am visit scheduled at FIU on Saturday.

(01-09-2018, 02:52 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 01:49 PM)Diz Wrote: [ -> ]I live just outside of Pittsburgh and work in the city.  Still won't be at the stadium.  Reality is playoff tickets are priiiiiicey here in the Burgh and basically everything except upper level is going to be close to $1k.  You can get nosebleeds in terrible sections for $120ish, but at that point... I'd rather just watch at home.

No, tickets are reasonable, bro........just bought two in lower level Section 111, which is about the 45-yard line behind the Jags bench, for about $260 each.  Looks to me like a lotta Pittsburgh ticket-holders are selling their Jags tickets to save up to make the trip to Foxboro the following week Cool

They're still suffering through PTSD after the earlier game watching those 5 interceptions.
I was thinking of driving.. but I'll just watch it from my living room.... in England.
(01-09-2018, 03:21 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of driving.. but I'll just watch it from my living room.... in England.

If you managed to drive to the game from England, that would be quite the accomplishment and a testament to your dedication on too many levels to delineate.
Wife is seriously considering going up to Pittsburg but she asked about child tickets and I've never actually been to a game. Is there a certain cutoff where you need to buy a ticket for your child or is it a ticket required for all ages?
Nevermind, told my wife the weather and she's not down with that. But she told me to have fun SO I'LL BE THERE SUNDAY! SECTION 113 ROW H SEAT 4
(01-09-2018, 09:10 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]Wife is seriously considering going up to Pittsburg but she asked about child tickets and I've never actually been to a game.  Is there a certain cutoff where you need to buy a ticket for your child or is it a ticket required for all ages?

At Everbank, as long as the kid can sit in your lap and they are under a certain height, you don't have to purchase a ticket. If you want your kid to have a seat then a ticket must be purchased. Other stadiums could have different policies though.