Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How many interceptions does Big Ben throw in the game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many interceptions does Big Ben throw in the game?

I am going with 3.

1 for Gipson, 1 for Bouye, and 1 for Ramsey/Colvin/ or on of our Linebackers

Gipson has played a lot of games against Ben.

Bouye wanted to get in on the action last game and Ben will test Bouye.  Bouye wins.

The other pick happens on a tip.
Zero most likely
I voted three as well. Big Ben will be cocky and want to throw to prove that the first game was a fluke. I expect we're still in his head and will benefit from a few of those throws.
that wasn't an option lol
(01-09-2018, 11:04 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]that wasn't an option lol

should have been
(01-09-2018, 11:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 11:04 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]that wasn't an option lol

should have been

Ha!
(01-09-2018, 11:10 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 11:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]should have been

Ha!

I mean, I hope he throws a few INTs, but it's not anything crazy to think he wont throw an INT. It should have been an option as well.
Telvin Smith, and Bouye. Calling it now
Depends. I think there's a good chance they'll want to get the lead early and fight to keep it. But they're definitely going to try and do that on the ground as much as possible because of weather. It'll make sense that the Steelers would want to make this a shoot out to avoid a defensive battle that might come down to the wire. But it's looking more and more likely that'll be exactly how this game plays out.

I know Ben feels like he has a lot to prove against our secondary but I don't think he's going to be nearly as careless with the ball unless we get a big lead early on which I'd be surprised if we managed. He isn't going to put the teams playoff hopes on the line for the sake of his ego. He'll play smart, slow and win the turnover battle because that's basically all you need to do to beat us.

Weather being as cold as it's going to be with a chance of flurries makes it even more likely this one is going to be a other snooze fest. Which gives us a fighting chance.

Overall I'll say if we win Ben throws one pick. If we lose Ben throws 0 picks. I'm an optimist so I'll go with 1 pick.
I bet he throws less then 25 attempts. Bell will get a ton of carries I bet. They want to test our run defense, which has been suspect. I bet he still throws 2 INTS though.
He probably throws 1.
I'm more concerned with how many Bortles will throw.
Let's see:

- Jags win games because of a stout, opportunistic defense that gets scores and big plays (INTs and Sack-Fumbles).
- Jags defense is still suspect in the run game.
- Last time they played, Pitt threw CRUCIAL INTs deep in their own territory and in the red zone.
- Antonio Brown likely will not be playing close to 100%
- The weather will be cold and windy.

I think that all adds up to a run heavy, safe passing game plan for Pitt, with pass attempts less than normal for them. (Of course, if the Jags get a good lead in the 2nd half,, we'll see Pitt starting to throw it more).

I say the Jags still get 1 INT. But, it may be early in the game. And, unless it's a pick-6 or gives the offense the ball deep in Pitt territory, who knows what the offense will do with it or how much of a difference that INT will make?
(01-10-2018, 09:46 AM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see:

- Jags win games because of a stout, opportunistic defense that gets scores and big plays (INTs and Sack-Fumbles).
- Jags defense is still suspect in the run game.
- Last time they played, Pitt threw CRUCIAL INTs deep in their own territory and in the red zone.
- Antonio Brown likely will not be playing close to 100%
- The weather will be cold and windy.

I think that all adds up to a run heavy, safe passing game plan for Pitt, with pass attempts less than normal for them. (Of course, if the Jags get a good lead in the 2nd half,, we'll see Pitt starting to throw it more).

I say the Jags still get 1 INT. But, it may be early in the game. And, unless it's a pick-6 or gives the offense the ball deep in Pitt territory, who knows what the offense will do with it or how much of a difference that INT will make?

I agree on all points except it's not supposed to be windy Sunday in Pittsburgh as of now. 
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USPA1290:1:US

I expect the steelers to make Bell the focus of their offensive plan, with good reason. 
I do think Ben will throw enough to give our secondary an opportunity and one pick seems a reasonable prediction.
(01-10-2018, 09:24 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more concerned with how many Bortles will throw.
100% this.

This game is not about Ben. It's about Bortles. This game will be about how well Blake plays and that will be the difference in the game. Connecting on deep shots after play action. Throwing over the top of the linebackers. Being accurate and converting 3rd downs.

So while Ben could ultimately throw 3 interceptions, if Blake doesn't move the ball, the Jags will most likely still lose.
I had a nightmare...Blake throws five picks and it's 30-9, Squealers
I think there will be a defensive touchdown this week. Pick 6 or scoop and score.
Idk what to think about Bens pics.
I'm just really happy were still playing.
I think we are gonna win big though
1 to Bouye
I pick 6 on a tipped ball to Yannick.
Pages: 1 2