Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Google corporate message boards: terrorism and targeting, fun for the whole family!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/...d=11972830

Amongst the highlights:
  • Google employees suggest joining Antifa and "punching Nazis"
  • A Google employee reminds others expressing a desire to commit "anti-fascist violence" that the boards are not truly anonymous, and Google can provide names if subpoenaed
  • A Google manager suggests creating a public blacklist of Google employees believed to be politically conservative
  • Google employees talk about recusing yourself from a conference panel because you're not the only white male on it, then "feeling smug" because "we're Google" and the conference organizers will likely kick other white males off the panel for you
These are Google's corporate message boards. They're the equivalent of a mailing list for a company that size. While I don't believe that anyone but a corporation should have control over what its employees say and do within the context of that company, I think Management 101 includes a section on how allowing open targeting of employees for political reasons is bad, and that using corporate message boards to recruit for a terror group and organize violence is really bad. But hey, I mean, if Google wants to get its tail sued off and accidentally make Bing relevant again, more power to it.
And these are the people that have files and files of all of our personal habits thanks to smart phones and their search engine being on everything.

They know everything about everyone.
The show Person of Interest made my husband a bit paranoid. He has nothing to do with google when at all possible. 

Has anyone ever read the unibomber manifesto? I started it not too long ago and what he was saying in the 70's about technology may have sounded bat [BLEEP] crazy but it sounds pretty relevant now. I admit if I had known how bad the 'spying' was going to get I would never have gotten into a lot of stuff on social media, those money saver apps (Ibotta, Cartwheel, walmart) that track what you buy under the pretense of saving you money, and such. We signed up for Hulu and I couldn't make my own profile without giving them my name and full DOB. 

I digress. Didn't google fire an employee in the last couple of years for pulling back the curtain on a lot of their crap that made them look really bad?
(01-11-2018, 03:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]The show Person of Interest made my husband a bit paranoid. He has nothing to do with google when at all possible. 

Has anyone ever read the unibomber manifesto? I started it not too long ago and what he was saying in the 70's about technology may have sounded bat [BLEEP] crazy but it sounds pretty relevant now. I admit if I had known how bad the 'spying' was going to get I would never have gotten into a lot of stuff on social media, those money saver apps (Ibotta, Cartwheel, walmart) that track what you buy under the pretense of saving you money, and such. We signed up for Hulu and I couldn't make my own profile without giving them my name and full DOB. 

I digress. Didn't google fire an employee in the last couple of years for pulling back the curtain on a lot of their crap that made them look really bad?

Several companies have fired employees that made them look bad for political reasons. They typically get away with it, but Google's message boards just show blatant negligence on the part of the company towards exposure to legal and criminal headaches.

1984 is my favorite book for a reason.
(01-10-2018, 10:57 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]And these are the people that have files and files of all of our personal habits thanks to smart phones and their search engine being on everything.

They know everything about everyone.
I google crazy random stuff all the time. Dark stuff sometimes...

just to give them something to do.

Add it to my file!