Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Blake Bortles might get final chance to save reputation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Blake Bortles might get final chance to save reputation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...reputation

Blake Bortles has been the butt of many jokes around the NFL this season. On Sunday, he has a chance to possibly change that going forward if he plays well vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers.
I was the first one to compare Blake to Lebron, he copied me.
(01-11-2018, 03:12 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]I was the first one to compare Blake to Lebron, he copied me.

He didn't compare himself to LeBron at all. 

He said if people still hate on a guy with that much success - of course they'll hate on him.

There's no "comparison" of the two athletes in what Blake said.
My dad told me years ago to never say what another man can’t do.

I 100% beleive we are winning the Super Bowl now
Bortles could single-handedly carry this team to a Lombardi and he’d still get bashed and nitpicked. I’ve honestly never seen anything like the player bashing he has endured this year, particularly from players on teams he has beaten. It’s amazing he’s able to keep his attitude and maintain focus. A more fragile ego would have crumbled.
God I hope he comes out guns blazing! We've seen what good Blake can do. Just string together 3 more good Blakes and give this city the best gift ever!
(01-11-2018, 04:00 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]God I hope he comes out guns blazing!  We've seen what good Blake can do.  Just string together 3 more good Blakes and give this city the best gift ever!

Good Blake is due for an appearance.
No comparison. LeBron is a much better passer. I half kid.

But I agree with FBT. Good Blake is due for a showing. And it couldn’t come at a better time. Also I feel the Defense is due for a big play like a pick six.
Come on Blake. Time to prove everyone wrong and come out strong. Be accurate, be smart and play with a chip on your shoulder. Do whatever it takes to win. Run, pass, punt, kick... do it all if you have to!
(01-11-2018, 04:01 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2018, 04:00 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]God I hope he comes out guns blazing!  We've seen what good Blake can do.  Just string together 3 more good Blakes and give this city the best gift ever!

God, I hope so. This team needs good Blake more than ever, and needs to purge 'Blake' Blake from the roster.
(01-11-2018, 04:01 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]

This.
For God’s sake, give it a rest.
Its strange how much abuse he gets. Why doesnt Mariota? or Tyrod Taylor? His stats were similar to Dak prescott. Wheres his hate?

The only guy who cops it nearly as bad is Dalton.
luck
cam
bridgewater
mariota
jamis
carr
manzell
goff
and wentz

All QBs drafted before and after bb5 and i would take blake over all of them cept maybe wentz
(01-11-2018, 03:47 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles could single-handedly carry this team to a Lombardi and he’d still get bashed and nitpicked.  I’ve honestly never seen anything like the player bashing he has endured this year, particularly from players on teams he has beaten.  It’s amazing he’s able to keep his attitude and maintain focus.  A more fragile ego would have crumbled.

I like to imagine him on the podium in the Super Bowl post game, saying something like "I may be a trashy QB, but I will gladly be a trashy Super Bowl champion, which is something most of my critics can't claim."

I would love to see the media narrative after something like that.

I would love to see Bortles and the Jaguars call out those guys by name after that.
(01-11-2018, 05:06 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]luck
cam
bridgewater
mariota
jamis
carr
manzell
goff
and wentz

All QBs drafted before and after bb5 and i would take blake over all of them cept maybe wentz

I'd take Carr, Goff, and Wentz without ANY hesitation.  I'd very strongly consider Mariota and Cam. Jamies is a headcase who I don't care for as a person at all, and he isn't playing great.  The rest can't get on the field.
(01-11-2018, 05:09 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]
cam
bridgewater
mariota
jamis
carr
manzell
goff
and wentz

I'd take Carr, Goff, and Wentz without ANY hesitation.  I'd very strongly consider Mariota and Cam. Jamies is a headcase who I don't care for as a person at all, and he isn't playing great.  The rest can't get on the field.
I'd take Cam in a heartbeat.  He's already taken a team to the SB (let's ignore that avoidance of the fumble). Carr puts up great numbers and Goff/Wentz were in the running for MVP this year.  The rest of them? Nah....
cam
bridgewater
mariota
jamis
carr
manzell
goff
and wentz

I wouldn’t take him over Wentz or Cam, but I agree with the others.
(01-11-2018, 05:09 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]
cam
bridgewater
mariota
jamis
carr
manzell
goff
and wentz

I’d probably take Goff too.
Mariota sucks.
Pages: 1 2 3