Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official 2018 AFC Divisional Playoff Game Night Thread - Titans @ Patriots***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi, Jaguars fans!    Smile  AFC South Wild Card,  and 10-7 Tennessee Titans  travel northeast to play the AFC East Champions and 13-3  New England Patriots.  Winner tonight  will play the Jaguars @ Steelers winner at Heinz Field.

Tonight is the second postseason meeting and first AFC Divisional Playoff Game between the Patriots and Titans in 13 years.

Tennessee is on a 7-game losing streak to New England, their last win of any form winning 24-7 over the Patriots in Nissan Stadium back in 2002.

Titans also seek to win in New England in 39 years.    Titans last road win also of any form defeated the Patriots, as the Houston Oilers, by the score of 31-14, in both teams first postseason meeting in their AFC Divisional Playoff Game, played at Schaeffer Stadium, next to Gillette Stadium, back on December 31, 1978.

For the record the Titans/Oilers have also not won a regular season game at New England, since Tennessee's 7-0 road win way back in September 1975.

Both the Patriots and Titans are playing tonight in their 42nd all-time meeting.   New England though leads the all-time series over the Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers with a 24 win, 16 loss, and 1 tie record. Both teams also met twice in the aforementioned postseason games.

Patriots defeated the Titans by the score of 17-4,  both teams last postseason meeting during the 2014 AFC Divisional Playoff Game also played at New England back on January 10, 2004.

If somehow and with some unexpected luck, both  our Jaguars and the Titans do win each of  their AFC Divisional Playoff Road Games  this weekend, our Jaguars could potentially host an  All-AFC South Championship Game and EverBank Field next Sunday on January 21.   Wink

Jim Nantz and Tony Romo are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, for The NFL On CBS, seen internationally, and locally, on WJAX CBS Channel 47 in Jacksonville, FL, seen live on HD.

Lead referee Ron Torbert,  who off the field is an attorney and is also a Michigan State graduate, leads his officiating crew assigned by the NFL to supervise the game action in Gillette Stadium between the Titans And Patriots.

Clear skies at 23 degrees, feels like 13 degrees, is the game forecast inside Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, 20 miles southwest of Metro Boston, for the 8:15PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation,  57% humidity, and north/northwestern winds at 9 miles per hour.

NO injuries, and GO AFC!!!!! Wink Cool  Big Grin

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018011301...ab=preview

http://www.facebook.com/NFLonCBS/

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS
I can't believe I'm about to say this:

Go Titans!

Oh man,,,,,,,,,,
(01-13-2018, 04:41 PM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe I'm about to say this:

Go Titans!

Oh man,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah that's where I am too
no way,your crazy going for the team jags can't beat. We have a better chance againest pats. Jags are 0-5 againest tittians last 5 games when tom coughlin was a jaguar. of course jags have to beat steelers tommorrew too as well.
^ Jags will get a home game for the AFCC if the titans and Jags both win this weekend.

I like the Jags chances of victory MUCH better at home (even against the titans) than I do in a very cold, snowy Massachusetts vs the Patriots AND the REFS.
This game is really a win win for us either way. If Pats win the Titans lose, it's the tacks and they have already beat us twice this year. If the Tacks win and we win tomorrow we get another home play off game and a chance for redemption at home. Win win either way

(01-13-2018, 04:41 PM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe I'm about to say this:

Go Titans!

Oh man,,,,,,,,,,

I will never say that regardless
(01-13-2018, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]This game is really a win win for us either way.  If Pats win the Titans lose, it's the tacks and they have already beat us twice this year.  If the Tacks win and we win tomorrow we get another home play off game and a chance for redemption at home.  Win win either way

Go Titans!

Oh man,,,,,,,,,,

What about a third scenario, the titans win and the Jaguars lose. Get ready to have the incessant tack trolls crowing all year in that scenario.
(01-13-2018, 06:26 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2018, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]This game is really a win win for us either way.  If Pats win the Titans lose, it's the tacks and they have already beat us twice this year.  If the Tacks win and we win tomorrow we get another home play off game and a chance for redemption at home.  Win win either way

What about a third scenario, the titans win and the Jaguars lose. Get ready to have the incessant tack trolls crowing all year in that scenario.

^ LOL! 

Oh Man,,, you just HAD to go there.

Gawd I hope that doesn't happen.
(01-13-2018, 06:26 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

Naw, I don't look at that scenario lol
Brady goes down in the 4th quarter and Pats win by 3. We face Hoyer in the AFCC game next week.
Everbank is going be rocking 10x next week compared to last week.
How can a QB with 7 TD's be in the playoffs???
IM ROOTING FOR TITANS! I want to meet them in afc championship, AND tired of the patriots.
Titans aren't looking too bad. I could see them winning this game.
(01-13-2018, 09:47 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Titans aren't looking too bad. I could see them winning this game.

It’s actually reminding me so far of the game we had in the 2007 playoffs. We went in there and had two long clock killing drives and went to the half tied up. Titans are starting out strong
Nice pass, catch td. Titans. Sounds like romo wants to head back to Everbank field.
What a friggen catch
(01-13-2018, 09:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Everbank is going be rocking 10x next week compared to last week.

No one should want to play the tacks a third time dear God please no
I swear to God, if the tacks win and we lose I am going to vomit forever.
Come on Patriots then only time I'm actively rooting for you guys beat the sticking tacks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8