Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Titans had to alter game plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-14-2018, 08:26 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22090...d-patriots

Mariota got injured....shocking

I'm so surprised, the guy always has an excuse for laying an egg against an elite team.
Legs like kindling twigs.
(01-14-2018, 08:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 08:26 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22090...d-patriots

Mariota got injured....shocking

I'm so surprised, the guy always has an excuse for laying an egg against an elite team.

No...you missed the part where he said he WASNT using the injury as an excuse
(01-14-2018, 09:08 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 08:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'm so surprised, the guy always has an excuse for laying an egg against an elite team.

I really don't care if he wants to use an excuse or not, the fans and media will run with it anyway.

I still don't get why Bortles gets so much hate but Maria gets so much love even though he's not good.

Even in the big comeback last week that was led by the Titans rushing game. But I guess Maria gets credit for a DB batting it back to him instead of just intercepting it.
(01-14-2018, 09:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 09:08 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]No...you missed the part where he said he WASNT using the injury as an excuse

I really don't care if he wants to use an existing or not, the fans and media will run with it anyway.

I still don't get why Bortles gets so much hate but Maria gets so much love even though he's not good.

Even in the big comeback last week that was led by the Titans rushing game. But I guess Maria gets credit for a DB batting it back to him instead of just intercepting it.

I was talking about that self TD to a buddy. He threw it point blank with no one in his face to a defender and got lucky. That was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen a QB make.
(01-14-2018, 09:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 09:08 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]No...you missed the part where he said he WASNT using the injury as an excuse

I really don't care if he wants to use an existing or not, the fans and media will run with it anyway.

If Bortles threw a TD to himself everyone would make it the next butt fumble play. Mariota however is amazing when he did it. 

During the game last night my wife and I averaged their stats over their career.  They are basically the same player. Bortles averaged more yards and TDs a year while MM had a couple fewer INTs each year and a slightly higher rating. I would post them but they are on a bar napkin somewhere.
(01-14-2018, 08:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'm so surprised, the guy always has an excuse for laying an egg against an elite team.

Telling people you played through an injury is in-fact an excuse.
(01-14-2018, 09:27 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 09:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't care if he wants to use an existing or not, the fans and media will run with it anyway.

If Bortles threw a TD to himself everyone would make it the next butt fumble play. Mariota however is amazing when he did it. 

During the game last night my wife and I averaged their stats over their career.  They are basically the same player. Bortles averaged more yards and TDs a year while MM had a couple fewer INTs each year and a slightly higher rating. I would post them but they are on a bar napkin somewhere.

Dilly Dilly.
Both Bortles AND Mariota stink. Basically, the first team to realize it will have a firm grasp on the division for the foreseeable future.
Speaking of bad schemes, I was stunned to hear the announcers say the Titans only dressed 4 defensive lineman and rarely rotated. Terrible strategy against a team like the Patriots. Works great against a team like us that wants to slow down the game.
(01-14-2018, 11:31 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of bad schemes, I was stunned to hear the announcers say the Titans only dressed 4 defensive lineman and rarely rotated. Terrible strategy against a team like the Patriots.  Works great against a team like us that wants to slow down the game.

The titans are a bizarre team. They're built to beat the Jaguars and get blown out by the pats and Steelers whereas the Jaguars are built to beat teams like the pats and Steelers instead. Which is why the Jaguars have a legit shot at making it to Gillette next week.

Give the Jaguars a decent QB or great offensive line like Maria has (put to waste) and the Jaguars would be perennial Superbowl favorites.
The stick man is one of the most overrated quarterbacks ever. No surprise he got hurt again.

Everyone says that when they use an injury as an excuse.