Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Talk all the trash you want. Blake was straight up clutch when we needed him most in our biggest game in 20 years.
In a parallel universe you would say we won "inspite of our defense".
I like that he's going out and running a bit more, I love the idea of a dual threat. He's really showing a lot though.
Jags 10-0 when Bortles doesn't turn in over lol.
The 1st downs to Lee and Yeldon, the deep pass to Cole, the TD pass to Tommy.....CLUTCH Blake !
Blake has ALWAYS been my QB! Bring on the PATS!
Bortles is a gritty player who plays with heart every down. He just wills the unit to make plays at times, hopefully he stays hot and his mechanics and footwork keep improving!!
Bortles is the greatest QB in Jags history. The haters, fake news media, and Alfie are tools. When's the long term contract? No #1 WR and he's been clutch all year the FIRST time in Bortles 4 year career he's had a running game and a defense.

Bortles is the future. Jags are lucky to have him.
Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.
(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.

At this point in the season, all that matters is the score. Blake lead this team in the fourth quarter, and without him, we don't win.
Who got our second defensive td?
I wish he would choose if he was bad or not. So annoying. Inconsistent. But when he's on, he makes all the difference. The sky is the limit when he plays even respectably
(01-14-2018, 05:33 PM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]In a parallel universe you would say we won "inspite of our defense".

The D scored 7 of our 45 points, and stopped the steelers on 2 separate 4th downs to give us great field position. We would not have won with out them.
Great job by Blake today
I seem to not recall the 2nd defensive TD either. I thought they only had 1
(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.

We only had 1 Defensive Touchdown.  You don't even know what you're talking about, so get out of here.  Enough of the but this and but that, we won.  This is a big boy's league, and every win is extremely difficult to come by.  On to Foxboro!  Go Jags!
Fournette 3 tds. Bohanan 1 and Yeldon 1. Plus the field goal and Telvin scoop
That last TD drive that started with about 8:00 or so left in the 4th qtr was a thing of beauty.

Steelers just scored a TD on yet another miracle 4th down bomb, and were within a score.

The Jags offense comes out in the most critical time of the game and takes it back. That was really something SPECIAL!

One of the best drives in crunch time (one of the most NEEDED drives) I've ever seen.

*** The TD drive just before that one was BIG TIME also.

Say what you want about how they got there,, and how erratic things looked for quite a while,, but that 4th qtr by the offense was as CLUTCH as you'll ever see.
Yea there was only 1 non-offensive TD. 45 points = 6 TDs + 1 FG
Leo had 3 TDs
TJ had 1 TD
Tommy Bo had 1 TD and Telvin had 1 TD

The defense is why we needed 2 of their turnovers. The offense spuddered a few times but so did Pittsburgh. The offense produced early and kept us ahead.
Pages: 1 2 3 4