Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Unsung Heroes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just want to give appreciation to some of the guys who don't get alot of credit.

Jarod Wilson- Gip went down and this guy who hasnt played a whole lot stepped up and never got beat. 

Josh Lambo- All the XP's and the clutch late FG at the toughest place to kick in the NFL

Tommy B- Did a great job today sealing off LBers and even got a TD for his work.

TJ Yeldon- Had a couple of huge catches/blocks/runs he looked really good out there and props to him for sticking with it even though he was an inactive early in the year.

Entire OL- Not one sack on Bottles and were absolutely dominating the Pitt Dline in the run game.

Edit:Unsung*
Game ball to the offensive line. 

Set the tone early and often.
I agree. I was a bit unsettled when Fournette went down for a minute but Yeldon came in and took care of business. 

It was a great game from both teams. THIS is what post season games should look like. Actually, if all games could look like this I'd be a happy camper!
Whoever the long snapper is, he did a good job.
Offensive line for sure.

Yeldon ran really well when he got in there because the line was getting a push. Not to mention the Jags had 1 negative play all game: the Bortles kneel down in the 1st half. That’s incredible.
The Jaguars surprised a lot of people today....but this has been coming and their fans knew it.
No disrespect to 4nette, but TJ should've had 10 more carries today. He was running hard and his blocking is better.
Lambo!
Nathaniel Hackett
TJ YELDON!!!

How has no one really talked about him??? He had some amazing plays today to keep drives going. Also has fantastic blocks. Glad to see him around
(01-14-2018, 08:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever the long snapper is, he did a good job.

Our THIRD LS this year. Lol
(01-14-2018, 08:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]No disrespect to 4nette, but TJ should've had 10 more carries today. He was running hard and his blocking is better.

Should have been Yeldon and Grant once he got hurt. Plenty of wasted downs because of the injury and him remaining in the game.
Koyak and O'Shaunesey had big catches. Yeldon played big and could have a key role against the Pats.
The Oline did what's it done most of the year. Didn't allow any sacks and bullied the other team in the run game. Can't ask much more.

Also Yeldon added a different dimension to Ivory which was a very saavy move.
Le'Veon Bell, for giving our player's additional motivation the night before a divisional playoff game.
TJ has always been underappreciated by our fans. I still think it's funny that a lot of people on here want or wanted Ivory to get playing time over him.
Fournette went back in as a decoy. He wasn't the same player as the start of the game. Not hitting the hole and not explosive. Just jogging into the line and laying down when there were yards to be had.

Really most of the offense should get game balls.. and Lambo.

The defense came out looking dominant through the first quarter and a half. I have no idea what that meltdown just before halftime was that continued through the entire second half... if that's how they want to play next week then the dream is over.
(01-15-2018, 01:06 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette went back in as a decoy. He wasn't the same player as the start of the game. Not hitting the hole and not explosive. Just jogging into the line and laying down when there were yards to be had.

Really most of the offense should get game balls.. and Lambo.

The defense came out looking dominant through the first quarter and a half. I have no idea what that meltdown just before halftime was that continued through the entire second half... if that's how they want to play next week then the dream is over.

I don't think they played as bad as you think. Made some plays, the fuble return and pick. Also a good chunk of that yardage and scores came on great plays by the other team, not our D sucking. Bouye had good coverage on both of Brown's TDs. The one thing that worries me is the over pursuing and giving up big chunks on screens. That's the Patriots bread and butter.
No disrespect to the players but Tom Coughlin.
(01-14-2018, 08:05 PM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to give appreciation to some of the guys who don't get alot of credit.

Jarod Wilson- Gip went down and this guy who hasnt played a whole lot stepped up and never got beat. 

Josh Lambo- All the XP's and the clutch late FG at the toughest place to kick in the NFL

Tommy B- Did a great job today sealing off LBers and even got a TD for his work.

TJ Yeldon- Had a couple of huge catches/blocks/runs he looked really good out there and props to him for sticking with it even though he was an inactive early in the year.

Entire OL- Not one sack on Bottles and were absolutely dominating the Pitt Dline in the run game.

Edit:Unsung*

Good list!
Pages: 1 2