Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone, Coach of the Year!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sure the talking heads are/were hyping McVay.  His team went 0-1 in the play-offs, Marrone is now 2-0 and just defeated one of the NFL's darlings in the Steelers in their house not once but twice.  

The obvious choice, but we shall see...
Regular season award, plus he had the most talented roster in the league. McVay, Zimmer, Payton, and Pederson did better jobs.
(01-14-2018, 08:30 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Regular season award, plus he had the most talented roster in the league.  McVay, Zimmer, Payton, and Pederson did better jobs.

Zimmer went 11-5 in 2015 and 8-8 last year.  He has had the talent and success with it, dismissed.

Sean Peyton has a HoF QB, dismissed.

Doug Pederson is worthy of discussion, not much talking head hype that I have heard, but the Eagles have been heavily hyped in the recent past if my memory serves me correct.

Comes down to McVay or Marrone IMO.  The NFL is gonna push the LA coach and the big market.  Yes, the Jags have had talent but often dismissed. It took Marrone to get some success out of it.
It’s definitely Marrone
(01-14-2018, 08:52 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 08:30 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Regular season award, plus he had the most talented roster in the league.  McVay, Zimmer, Payton, and Pederson did better jobs.

Zimmer went 11-5 in 2015 and 8-8 last year.  He has had the talent and success with it, dismissed.

Doug Pederson is worthy of discussion, not much talking head hype that I have heard, but the Eagles have been heavily hyped in the recent past if my memory serves me correct.

Comes down to McVay or Marrone IMO.  The NFL is gonna push the LA coach and the big market.  Yes, the Jags have had talent but often dismissed. It took Marrone to get some success out of it.

Vikings had injuries to top QB, RB and Diggs
(01-14-2018, 09:00 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 08:52 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Zimmer went 11-5 in 2015 and 8-8 last year.  He has had the talent and success with it, dismissed.

Vikings had injuries to top QB, RB and Diggs
Valid points but haven't the Vikings been there before with the QB?  The RB is a rook so a wash.  We shall see.  Nice win for the Vikings BTW.  WOW!
(01-14-2018, 09:09 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 09:00 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Vikings had injuries to top QB, RB and Diggs
Valid points but haven't the Vikings been there before with the QB?  The RB is a rook so a wash.  We shall see.  Nice win for the Vikings BTW.  WOW!

How heartbreaking for the Saints. What the hell was Marcus Williams thinking? That'll probably haunt him for the rest of his life.
This isn't even a contest anymore, Marrone must be the winner, there's no other choice.
Marrone even has the Bill Belichick sideline thing down...frumpy old guy in a baggy sweatsuit, constant frown on his face, never too publicly critical or too rah-rah. Too busy coaching to care about anything but the next play.
The Jaguars had noticeably more talent than their record reflected in the 2016 season. This combined with how far the Jaguars came in the 2017 regular season alone, after many seasons of picking in the top 5 of the draft, Doug Marrone certainly warrants NFL HC of the Year. Doug Marrone, along with Tom Coughlin, changed the culture/ mindset of the organization.