Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Super Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1 more win guys....just 1 more huge win.

Vic always talked about being battle ready. And this team certainly is. Ramsey is just out of this world. Myles Jack. Bouye, Telvin,  Yan, Campbell, Fournette...

It's our time. We should have played in the Super Bowl in 1999 but the Music City Miracle kept us out. 

This time, we're gonna make it...and then win it.

1 more game.... just think about that a minute.
Yep, this group has a chance to go down in history. We need to bring that same passionate swagger to Foxborough though next week. This is a game I can see us getting blown out in if we aren't ready. They will bring their A game. We need to bring that complimentary football we played in the first half today.
We need to come out of the blocks all guns blazing and hit the ground running..

If we do that, we can win. I think people are intimidated by the Patriots, so much so, they don't see that they are actually beatable. Not easily, but they ARE beatable.
Follow the Miami blueprint. Tight man coverage. Be physical.. harass the pocket. Play ball control on offense.
It feels great. I know there are 0 moral victories in the NFL, but this as it stands was a phenomenal year, no questioning it. If this team can muster up even just one more win, a super bowl appearance would be an amazing feat for this franchise coming off of a 3-13 season. This team is built for the next decade, and to top off our 1st successful season in 10 years with a super bowl appearance, and possible win, would be the the peak of Jacksonville sports. Making it to the top of the mountain is something that puts you on the map forever, doubters or not.

For once I feel we have the tools to go into Ne England and win, if everything goes well on defense and we play mistake free on offense. We have the defense to take away Gronk and limit the ground game. The only x factor is the GOAT, Brady. Can we get pressure? Can we get him to hold onto the ball? Can we disrupt the pocket with the inside rush? A lot of great questions to be answered in roughly 6 days. I though waiting for this game was torture, this week will feel like an eternity. I am seriously questioning taking Monday off and taking a plane ride up to MA to see it all live and in person.
(01-15-2018, 05:10 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]1 more win guys....just 1 more huge win.

Vic always talked about being battle ready. And this team certainly is. Ramsey is just out of this world. Myles Jack. Bouye, Telvin,  Yan, Campbell, Fournette...

It's our time. We should have played in the Super Bowl in 1999 but the Music City Miracle kept us out. 

Didn't you 'call' 30-9 Steelers?
This might sound crazy but I wonder if we shouldn't put Ramsey on Gronkowski and Bouye on Cooks. Colvin can cover their #2. We have to do some things we haven't shown much of to beat them. We can't just sit back and wait for someone to make a mistake or hope the front 4 finally gets to Brady. We aren't going to win a shoot out.
(01-15-2018, 08:44 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 05:10 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]1 more win guys....just 1 more huge win.

Didn't you 'call' 30-9 Steelers?

I did. 

Didn't you bet in Vegas the Jags would win the Super Bowl?
That joint practice with the cheatriots should pay huge dividends. It showed that this team can hang with anyone.
Yeah just one more game... against the GOAT QB and GOAT HC.

You shouldn't start this kind of topic when in all honesty our chances are worse than what they were in 1999.

(01-15-2018, 08:51 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]This might sound crazy but I wonder if we shouldn't put Ramsey on Gronkowski and Bouye on Cooks. Colvin can cover their #2. We have to do some things we haven't shown much of to beat them. We can't just sit back and wait for someone to make a mistake or hope the front 4 finally gets to Brady. We aren't going to win a shoot out.

With speed and agility Ramsey can do it imo, not a bad idea at all. As much as I like T.Smith and Jack I don't trust either vs Gronk
Saints fan here.

I put $100 on the Jags in October to win the Super Bowl. The last time I bet on a team to win the Super Bowl it was the Broncos during Manning's last season. Every now and then a dominant defense comes along and everyone doubts them because they are missing the flashy offense. This team reminds me of that Denver team. That Broncos defense was slightly better but the Jags offense is a little better as well.

So my team had it's heart ripped out yesterday so I'm a big Jag fan the next few weeks.

As long as Bortles continues to be smart with the ball this team will be hard to beat. Brady struggles with a team that isn't afraid of him, will go man to man press, bracket Gronk then just limit the backs in the passing game. Jags are perfectly suited to do just that. On defense, the Pats need to be exposed. They really aren't very talented but they are disciplined and fundamentally sound.
(01-15-2018, 06:26 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Saints fan here.

I put $100 on the Jags in October to win the Super Bowl. The last time I bet on a team to win the Super Bowl it was the Broncos during Manning's last season. Every now and then a dominant defense comes along and everyone doubts them because they are missing the flashy offense. This team reminds me of that Denver team. That Broncos defense was slightly better but the Jags offense is a little better as well.

So my team had it's heart ripped out yesterday so I'm a big Jag fan the next few weeks.

As long as Bortles continues to be smart with the ball this team will be hard to beat. Brady struggles with a team that isn't afraid of him, will go man to man press, bracket Gronk then just limit the backs in the passing game. Jags are perfectly suited to do just that. On defense, the Pats need to be exposed. They really aren't very talented but they are disciplined and fundamentally sound.
Welcome aboard and sure hope you win your bet.
I don't even want to hear talk about the Superbowl until after we face New England. Never, ever look passed your next opponent. Besides, win or lose, this has been a fabulous season that has far exceeded our wildest expectations. Hopefully, we can keep it going.
I mean who hasn’t thought “what if”? It’s only natural and doesn’t mean we’re looking past the Pats
I'm pretty confident the team isn't looking past the Patriots. Have to think this game would be more difficult than the Super Bowl.

But I'm looking past the Patriots! In the event we actually make it, I've been scouting out planes, hotels, SB ticket costs, etc... If (When!) we make to the Super Bowl, this is going to be a very expensive trip!
(01-15-2018, 11:12 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty confident the team isn't looking past the Patriots. Have to think this game would be more difficult than the Super Bowl.

But I'm looking past the Patriots!  In the event we actually make it, I've been scouting out planes, hotels, SB ticket costs, etc...  If (When!) we make to the Super Bowl, this is going to be a very expensive trip!

See, I thought about that. I’m in Virginia, and if we make it I want to be in JAX to celebrate with my fellow fans and roam the streets victoriously. The relative price drop from evetything SB to chilling in JAX doesn’t hurt either.
I've dreamed about going to Jacksonville's first Superbowl. Unfortunately, if it happens this year, it is impossible for me to go. Financially, I just can't do it. Not until I get some of my debts paid down.
(01-15-2018, 06:04 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Follow the Miami blueprint. Tight man coverage. Be physical.. harass the pocket. Play ball control on offense.

Pittaburght tried to do that the following week, they forgot that gronkowski didnt play in the game. Pats color analyst scott zolak said the tuesday after the miami game pittsburgh was gonna try to do what miami did and get torched. They sure tried. 

Regaurdless of what anyone wants to think. Gronkowski not on the field is huge. The offense flows thru gronk.
Which is why I think we need Ramsey on Gronk. Someone that is fast but is physically built to hold up at the point of attack. I don't think we can rely on a vanilla defense with a linebacker covering Gronk unless we're pressuring the crud out of Brady.

(01-16-2018, 12:21 AM)Cmdjr85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 06:04 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Follow the Miami blueprint. Tight man coverage. Be physical.. harass the pocket. Play ball control on offense.

Pittaburght tried to do that the following week, they forgot that gronkowski didnt play in the game. Pats color analyst scott zolak said the tuesday after the miami game pittsburgh was gonna try to do what miami did and get torched. They sure tried. 

Regaurdless of what anyone wants to think. Gronkowski not on the field is huge. The offense flows thru gronk.

To be fair, Pats were 8-0 without Gronk last season and won the super bowl. There were several games this season where he wasn’t targeted at all. Miami losses are pretty typical for the Pats, especially late in the season. I’d worry more about the running backs as receivers than Gronk. If you make Gronk the focal point you might end up running after a huge decoy while the backfield eats you alive.
Pages: 1 2