Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Oh Jalen, tell me you didn't...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yeah, I cringed a bit watching them last night.

Didn't they learn from their own experience?
Malik Jackson said it before the season even started

Jackson in July

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...super-bowl

Destiny
Goes against the one game at a time mantra but not a big deal to me.

We're a massive underdog and this point you're so close to the super bowl it's hard not to look ahead. Will it come back to bite us and Jalen? Possibly,, I tend to think if the Pats win there will be far far more to it than any "bulletin board" material.
Well they better put in the work and prep. Have to go out and earn it for 60 minutes. If you let up and think you can conventionally beat them you're mistaken. Can't just ball out for a quarter or two and call it good. It's going to be a battle and we have to have a smart game plan and play our butts off to get it done. The defense wasn't good today. The whole team has to take control of the game.
See Vikings game ending for why you play 60 minutes not 59
The goal in the offseason , leading up to the first gane is to win the Super Bowl. Jaguars are so close, lets go get that b.
I'm okay with the swagger. Why not play with the crowd and it was emotional. As long as he's not on Twitter and running to every media outlet available to give them bulletin board material that's fine. The Steelers have more play makers than the Patriots do. They will not torch us for 6 TD's half of which were on 4th down.
I'm ok with what he said. In the moment with the fans, too bad the media is always recording. I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm not complaining about Jalen because its not like it will make the Pats play harder, but I am curious because he is a very religious, bible quoting man on social media, and I find some of the stuff he says kind of counteractive to his social media persona.

Again, Couldn't care less. Just an observation.
Also, Jalen was talking to the home crowd trying to get them fired up. These people (my sister and bro in law were there) had been there for hours. It's good to fire them up. Now, if he was saying that to national media like Mitchell and Bell said...then yeah I'd be upset.
(01-15-2018, 09:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not complaining about Jalen because its not like it will make the Pats play harder, but I am curious because he is a very religious, bible quoting man on social media, and I find some of the stuff he says kind of counteractive to his social media persona.

I’ve noticed the same thing.  Kinda wondered about it myself.  But I guess that’s between Him and Jalen.
(01-15-2018, 10:09 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 09:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not complaining about Jalen because its not like it will make the Pats play harder, but I am curious because he is a very religious, bible quoting man on social media, and I find some of the stuff he says kind of counteractive to his social media persona.

I’ve noticed the same thing.  Kinda wondered about it myself.  But I guess that’s between Him and Jalen.

I think sometimes we forget these guys are 23 years old in this spotlight. They are still immature, but freakish athletes. I guess they become more like Calais as they age.
(01-15-2018, 10:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 10:09 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve noticed the same thing.  Kinda wondered about it myself.  But I guess that’s between Him and Jalen.

I think sometimes we forget these guys are 23 years old in this spotlight. They are still immature, but freakish athletes. I guess they become more like Calais as they age.

Yes, that is forgotten at times.  Although the older I get the younger these “grown” men tend to look.
No smack run. It's a pep rally. No biggie.
Dudes a pro-bowl corner in his 2nd year and he's playing in the afc championship. Let him say whatever and be him. That's how he got where he is
(01-15-2018, 12:19 PM)tyus Wrote: [ -> ]Dudes a pro-bowl corner in his 2nd year and he's playing in thea fc championship. Let him say whatever and be him. That's how he got where he is

(01-15-2018, 12:19 PM)tyus Wrote: [ -> ]Dudes a pro-bowl corner in his 2nd year and he's playing in the afc championship. Let him say whatever and be him. That's how he got where he is

(01-15-2018, 12:19 PM)tyus Wrote: [ -> ]Dudes a pro-bowl corner in his 2nd year and he's playing in the  afc championship. Let him say whatever and be him. That's how he got where he is
Dude is an ALL PRO corner in his 2nd year
If there is one thing I know it's that this team doesn't give one crap about "karma," "jinxing," or any other BS like that. It will not affect the outcome.

He did apologize on twitter afterward about his profanity later, said it was the hype.

I'm not worried about it.
Of course it's gonna be tough,, but the Patriots aren't some unbeatable juggernaut this season as they might've been in seasons in the past.

Remember those Ravens @ Pats games in the playoffs? Ravens went in there with a tough defense, running game, and efficient passing and played them tough, winning an AFC title there too.

Pats have been beaten at home 2 times this year (Chiefs, Panthers). How many seasons could that have happened? At one point, their home record over a span of a few seasons was just ridiculous. If the Chiefs and Panthers can win up there, the Jags can too.

Plus, that Pats vs Steelers game was tight. Jax looked much better against Pitt than NE did (I know, it's all about matchups, but still).

Jags can do this.
What he said is not the same as what the Steelers players were saying.
Pages: 1 2 3