Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Bortles Disrespect Continues From Pittsburgh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heck that article had stuff I wasn't aware of because I don't watch a lot of NBC programming. And heck Bortles did kill their season. They counted on rolling him and he punched back. Let's hope we continue the Good Bortles train.
All I heard was... They got beat.
I think it's fantastic that he's now 2 - 0 in the post season. I hope he finishes 4 - 0. It doesn't matter how you start. It's how you finish. I'll take a pedestrian passer during the regular season all year if it means he heats up like an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco when the games truly matter. Sure, his numbers weren't gaudy.

But it's like the guy pointed out in the article. He lobbed a crucial bomb to Cole and then he ran for 16 on a 3rd down to keep the drive going. He also took advantage of Ben's mistake early and he made Tomlin pay for a few of his 4th down attempts that failed.

People can say what they want about this team. Bortles doesn't have an all pro receiving group to throw to like Big Ben does. Bortles doesn't have first team all pro's or pro bowl lineman blocking for him like Big Ben does. People in Pittsburgh can make all the excuses they want to make themselves feel better. But just like back in week 5 and just like yesterday. The better [BLEEP] team won. And that's that.
(01-15-2018, 09:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's fantastic that he's now 2 - 0 in the post season. I hope he finishes 4 - 0. It doesn't matter how you start. It's how you finish. I'll take a pedestrian passer during the regular season all year if it means he heats up like an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco when the games truly matter. Sure, his numbers weren't gaudy.

But it's like the guy pointed out in the article. He lobbed a crucial bomb to Cole and then he ran for 16 on a 3rd down to keep the drive going. He also took advantage of Ben's mistake early and he made Tomlin pay for a few of his 4th down attempts that failed.

People can say what they want about this team. Bortles doesn't have an all pro receiving group to throw to like Big Ben does. Bortles doesn't have first team all pro's or pro bowl lineman blocking for him like Big Ben does. People in Pittsburgh can make all the excuses they want to make themselves feel better. But just like back in week 5 and just like yesterday. The better [BLEEP] team won. And that's that.

Well said!

Dilly Dilly!
We spread the ball around and everybody was involved. That's the way it should be.
Write all the stories you want Pitt....all that matters is you're writing about what MIGHT'VE been or planning for next season. Blake is planning and prepping for the AFC title game.
Truth is Bortles is mediocre. Is this disputable? Not really So the steelers are upset a mediocre QB beat them.  It shows lack of respect for our team in whole and our coaches. Blake's mediocrity was more than offset by their prima Donna players and terrible Steeler coaching. Tomlin sucks, and we have a hard nosed TEAM.Simple as that.
(01-15-2018, 09:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's fantastic that he's now 2 - 0 in the post season. I hope he finishes 4 - 0. It doesn't matter how you start. It's how you finish. I'll take a pedestrian passer during the regular season all year if it means he heats up like an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco when the games truly matter. Sure, his numbers weren't gaudy.

You have written many fine posts over the years but this is your best ever. And that's that.
It's not an entirely disrespectful article:

Quote:Midway through my laugh, I remembered the 45-yard bomb he threw to Keelan Cole with 11:21 remaining that eventually let the Jags reopen a two-touchdown lead. It was the single biggest play of the game (non fourth-down division). Who should’ve been laughing, really?

“One thing I learned is when you talk negative about him, he comes out and just proves you wrong over and over again,” cornerback A.J. Bouye said. “He did it against Seattle. He did it the first time [against the Steelers in October]. He did it today. I got a lot of respect for him.”

It’s impossible not to feel the same.
I’ve said it since day one...this team and especially Bortles, will not get respect even if we were to win the SB. The narrative will always be that the other team played bad and not to their standard. Last week it was the jags barely scored 10 on the bills and this week it is how bad the steelers defense played giving up 45.
(01-15-2018, 09:41 AM)Banatha Wrote: [ -> ]Truth is Bortles is mediocre. Is this disputable? Not really So the steelers are upset a mediocre QB beat them.  It shows lack of respect for our team in whole and our coaches. Blake's mediocrity was more than offset by their prima Donna players and terrible Steeler coaching. Tomlin sucks, and we have a hard nosed TEAM.Simple as that.

I couldn't have said it better myself. 100% spot on.
(01-15-2018, 09:58 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve said it since day one...this team and especially Bortles, will not get respect even if we were to win the SB. The narrative will always be that the other team played bad and not to their standard. Last week it was the jags barely scored 10 on the bills and this week it is how bad the steelers defense played giving up 45.

So, if the Jags do go and win the Super Bowl and that happens, you go back out next year and keep winning.   I’m seeing more respect from the media.  I don’t watch ESPN but what I see on NFL NEtwork they do get some respect.  The team went 3-13 last year.  I can totally see how on the outside people would question the team.  Especially with Blake being on one week and off the next.  Not to mention, who cares?  They’ve got a date with the pats next week. Enjoy it.

If the Jags win the super bowl I don’t care what the media says.
Its getting funny the explanations other teams and their local media come up with after being beaten by the Jaguars and our "meme" quarterback.
Best part of the article is where the writer said...."He did his part."
So deal with it squealer team,fans and media.
And enjoy your off season .....the Jaguars are going to the AFC Championship!
Idk, I took that article to be taken humorously. He’s referencing The Good Place and showing a gif that does appear as though Bortles is just looking at his breath. Plus he did give a few praises and correcting his quote to say “I couldn’t care less”. When Blake routinely gets that wrong.
(01-15-2018, 08:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steel...1801140223
This is typical of the Steelers. Lots of talk before the game and lots of talk after the game. In big games, the talk is usually just excuses. 

NE plays them just about every year. It's all guarantees before the play begins. After they lose, it's excuses, blame games, the ref's fault, rules need to be changed, they got lucky, can't wait to play them next year, blah blah blah...

The way the NFL schedules are constructed, if the Jags sustain their success, they'll be playing the Steelers more often. So, just sit back and enjoy the whining in Pittsburgh!
(01-15-2018, 10:19 AM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 08:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steel...1801140223
This is typical of the Steelers. Lots of talk before the game and lots of talk after the game. In big games, the talk is usually just excuses. 

NE plays them just about every year. It's all guarantees before the play begins. After they lose, it's excuses, blame games, the ref's fault, rules need to be changed, they got lucky, can't wait to play them next year, blah blah blah...

The way the NFL schedules are constructed, if the Jags sustain their success, they'll be playing the Steelers more often. So, just sit back and enjoy the whining in Pittsburgh!

Trust me, we were in the same division with them our first seven years.  

We know Steelers fans all too well.

Any failure of their team to win by twenty, to say nothing of every loss, is the inevitable result of a fluke, referee conspiracy, or Steelers charity, according to them.
If you step back a little, even though it spends most of the time as a tongue in cheek critique of BB5, what it's really meant to be is a critique of the Steeler's season. From their perspective they were thinking their season might end to Tom Brady or in the Superbowl and losing to the Jaguars who were 3-13 last year is an unexpected end to what they consider a strange season.
(01-15-2018, 10:16 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Idk, I took that article to be taken humorously.   He’s referencing The Good Place and showing a gif that does appear as though Bortles is just looking at his breath.  Plus he did give a few praises and correcting his quote to say “I couldn’t care less”. When Blake routinely gets that wrong.

That is the way I took it as well.  He wasn't lazy with his writing and put in stuff I didn't know about.  The GIF of carefree Bortles making cold breath smoke was hilarious.  It was like a kid seeing snow for the first time.
(01-15-2018, 10:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 10:19 AM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]This is typical of the Steelers. Lots of talk before the game and lots of talk after the game. In big games, the talk is usually just excuses. 

Trust me, we were in the same division with them our first seven years.  

We know Steelers fans all too well.

Any failure of their team to win by twenty, to say nothing of every loss, is the inevitable result of a fluke, referee conspiracy, or Steelers charity, according to them.
Congrats on the nice win yesterday. I'm happy about it right now...
Pages: 1 2