Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mitchell was the last straw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw this in a spittsburgh media write up after the game....mitchell's arrogance is unbelievable.
Actually standing outside the locker room taunting.

"According to Jacksonville's players, Steelers safety Mike Mitchell stood outside the Jaguars locker room before the game trying to intimidate them.
Jaguars players said Mitchell relayed these words: "Y'all going to know my name."
That was in addition to comments Mitchell made earlier in the week, guaranteeing a win to Sports Illustrated."

no wonder the other squealers' players where cussing him after the game.
Mitchell is one of those guys in the NFL that I just can't stand. I don't care what anyone says, IMO he's a headhunter player pure and simple.
I've seen that guy spear and hurt quite a few players the past few seasons.

In yesterday's game, Mitchell was the guy that got ROCKED by Yeldon on that terrific block during one of Bortles' big runs.

When I saw that, I was thinking "it couldn't have happened to a better guy."

Seeing Mitchell get rocked like that was SWEET!
We knew what kind of player the guy is when Fournette waved him in and he went low instead of meeting the challenge head on. The guy is a [BLEEP].
Dude runs his mouth alot for a guy that gets run over alot.
It's like TJ says...."Oh Hi Mike....I remember you!" BOOM!
(01-15-2018, 09:53 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Dude runs his mouth alot for a guy that gets run over alot.

Looking at how he dealt with hitting a lightweight like Yeldon high it's no wonder he avoided really facing Fournette.
(01-15-2018, 09:24 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Saw this in a spittsburgh media write up after the game....mitchell's arrogance is unbelievable.
Actually standing out the locker room taunting.

"According to Jacksonville's players, Steelers safety Mike Mitchell stood outside the Jaguars locker room before the game trying to intimidate them.
Jaguars players said Mitchell relayed these words: "Y'all going to know my name."
That was in addition to comments Mitchell made earlier in the week, guaranteeing a win to Sports Illustrated."

no wonder the other squealers' players where cussing him after the game.

This explains why Malik Jackson was yelling for him after the game. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-j...-113707808
(01-15-2018, 09:53 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Dude runs his mouth alot for a guy that gets run over alot.

Love your gif, loved the block Westbrook laid on the guy on the punt too to give us a touchback instead of pinning us inside the 5
(01-15-2018, 01:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

Love your gif, loved the block Westbrook laid on the guy on the punt too to give us a touchback instead of pinning us inside the 5

I completely forgot about That! Yeah, the Jags were playing personal yesterday. They wanted and DID set the tone.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2018/...rth-ideas/

Excellent article about Mitchell pouting after the game.

Enjoy!

True.  We don't like him either.  Don't talk smack if you can't back it up.
He used to take a lot of stupid penalties that pissed us off.  Last season he cleaned up his game but then he wasn't nearly as effective.  Pretty safe to say he won't be back next year.
What a jerk. He must be their "mind-game" guy
No one enjoyed the article? Phooey on you boys! I thought it was gold. Guess I should’ve started a thread for it, just wanted to be appropriate in code of conduct since there was a seemingly relevant thread to put it in.

Oh well, I’ll instead hope this thinly-veiled bump gives it a second chance at life. Go Jags!!!
That article was outstanding!
(01-16-2018, 02:52 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]That article was outstanding!

Haha, thanks, I hope you read it and you’re  not being facetious, but if so, well played anyway.

I love the part about sitting down next to Heyward and fearing they’re gonna blow it up, and thus being afraid to take his jersey off.
(01-16-2018, 03:01 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 02:52 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]That article was outstanding!

Haha, thanks, I hope you read it and you’re  not being facetious, but if so, well played anyway.

I love the part about sitting down next to Heyward and fearing they’re gonna blow it up, and thus being afraid to take his jersey off.

That article was long, but interesting. Loved the gifs of the Jags destroying the Steelers. The 3 point differential at the end really doesn't show how well we controlled that game from the get go. The Steelers were clearly looking ahead till they got down 2 TD's and then they realized 'oh crap, the jags might beat us again,' the entire game was us doing just that.
I didn’t write the darn thing, agreed it’s long-winded, but as a Jags fan I revelled in the characterization of Mitchell as a sad, impotent, knowing-he’s-gonna-be-replaced fool.
Best thing about that block is Blake's smile at the end of the run.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/953342937043058689
(01-16-2018, 02:11 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]No one enjoyed the article?  Phooey on you boys!  I thought it was gold.  Guess I should’ve started a thread for it, just wanted to be appropriate in code of conduct since there was a seemingly relevant thread to put it in.

Oh well, I’ll instead hope this thinly-veiled bump gives it a second chance at life.  Go Jags!!!

I just got a chance to read it and thought it spelled out exactly what happened in that game on their side. The fact that they were at such a loss for words because they were so shocked they actually lost to us shows just how much they didn't give us a second thought all week running up to the game. I guess they thought our thumping of them earlier in the season was a fluke. Maybe next time they'll think twice.
Lol .... Week 3

[Image: 2016-09-25T215937Z_1926449159_NOCID_RTRM....jpg&w=480]
Pages: 1 2