Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What the heck is going on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have you personally stopped yourself to process what is happening?

I feel like I'm dreaming...Guys we are in the AFC Championship...We won 3 games last year. We had Gus Bradley as our head coach. We suffered through Blaine Gabbert. And now we are in the AFC Championship...I still don't think my brain has fully processed all of this...it's just happening so quick. On a sidenote, I personally don't like all this media attention. I'm just not used to it so the selfish side of me doesn't like people talking about us now that we are winning. Plus that's when the bandwagon fans start coming out. I saw that the fans were invited to the stadium last night and the players came and thanked them for their support. Sometimes I wish Coach Marrone and/or the players would in addition thank the fans that aren't from Jacksonville like myself who have been cheering this team on from long distance after all these years. That would be cool.

Awesome job Jags! Even if we lose against the Patriots, there should be absolutely no one here upset once you step back and look at the big picture. We are coming off a 3 win season and Gus freaking Bradley. We were the laughing stock. Not anymore!

I'm from Nashville and never lived in Jacksonville so I sound weird for chanting this but I can't help myself.......

DDDDUUUUUUUVVVVVVAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
Flights, hotels, and car booked for Boston!
I cannot believe we're here. As critical as many have been of the coaches, coordinators, Fournette, the defense, everything--we're one of the four best teams in the NFL. This is amazing, and it's exciting that this could be just the beginning.
Someone posted it in a thread a few weeks ago but it is crazy to think about...

In suffering almost 4 years of Gus he had a total of 14 wins. If we beat the cheats next week, Marrone will have the same number of wins in 1 year and 2 games.
(01-15-2018, 11:37 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Someone posted it in a thread a few weeks ago but it is crazy to think about...

In suffering almost 4 years of Gus he had a total of 14 wins.  If we beat the cheats next week, Marrone will have the same number of wins in 1 year and 2 games.

If we win the whole shebang, Marrone will have the same amount of wins in ONE season that Gus had in 4.  Crazy.
Still pinching myself what this group has delivered....simply amazing and 
the other teams are having a hard time dealing with these "New Jaguars".
I can see us giving the splats a tough,tough game.
When we think of all the teams we envied, and now they are all sitting at home and we're still playing, it's incredible. Steelers, Panthers, Falcons, Rams, Saints, Steelers, and on and on... It's pretty amazing.
Its surreal. The most fun I’ve had as a Jags fan, I wish every season is like this from now on
(01-15-2018, 11:39 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 11:37 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Someone posted it in a thread a few weeks ago but it is crazy to think about...

In suffering almost 4 years of Gus he had a total of 14 wins.  If we beat the cheats next week, Marrone will have the same number of wins in 1 year and 2 games.

If we win the whole shebang, Marrone will have the same amount of wins in ONE season that Gus had in 4.  Crazy.

He took over in 2016 and beat the Tacks to keep them out of the playoffs.  So with the 2 playoff wins and 10 regular season wins he has 13 as the interim/head coach.  But yeah crazy if we win the next 2 he will eclipse it in a single season.

/Pinching myself

2 Cities are going to have unproductive work environments this week. Jacksonville and Minnesota. People are going to be having Water Cooler productivity loses. What a crazy day of football.
Its an amazing and surreal fealing. Im very happy as a Jags fan, regardless of next week's outcome.
(01-15-2018, 11:37 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot believe we're here.  As critical as many have been of the coaches, coordinators, Fournette, the defense, everything--we're one of the four best teams in the NFL.  This is amazing, and it's exciting that this could be just the beginning.

Your last sentence is what really has me excited. The only key player this team is probably losing is Colvin. Yes, this team does have a real chance to go all the way, but regardless of what happens against the Patriots and, hopefully, the NFC champ, no team has a roster capable of going all the way for the next 3 years more than the Jaguars.
Don't pinch me for a few more weeks. I'm still dreaming.
It is definitely a little surreal. I thought making the playoffs might be possible but had no idea it would get to this point. We should enjoy it!
This is a dream scenario.

I've said for weeks that I want this team to come against the Patriots. I want to see how this young swagger filled defense handles the GOAT and Bill Belichick.

I have high confidence in this team and I've already said they can and will beat the Patriots. This team at its best is as good as anyone in the NFL this season. They can beat anyone at anytime. It won't be easy in New England. It will be a tough road ahead and Tom Brady is 17-3 at home in the playoffs.

Soon to be 17-4.

The evil empire is about to get knocked down by Jalen Ramsey and the Jacksonville Jaguars.
It's an AWESOME thing to behold; seeing the young talent and key FAs acquired the past few seasons start to gel and turn into a unit so dominant in alot of areas.

Almost to the mid-point of this season (mid to late October), many of us started to see a team with strengths on defense, running, and kicking (acquiring Lambo). And, we knew that teams with these strengths have gone far over the years. It was a REAL possibility that the Jags were built to go far on a playoff run.

It all hinged on the play of Bortles. Yesterday, he came through in a BIG WAY. This team IS built for deep playoff runs as long as BB plays like that.

Going from league "laughingstock" to the toughest, most physical team in the league?
Man, it's an awesome thing to behold.
It is truly amazing.. also I woder if Colvin takes home town discount to stay? It would say something about this team thats for sure

We can beat the pats, but they have our number just like we had pitts.. gona be fun
I saw a quote yesterday that I loved,
"The perception of the jags hasn't caught up to the reality yet."
These boys don't care what people think of them, all they're going to do is go out and punch teams in the mouth. And for all his ups and downs, blake bortles might not be the best qb or even a good one, but he's still playing football in january. He's still leading this team, and he's still handling the previously unheard of amounts of criticism and hate, and the facts are clear to me, we don't beat buffalo without blake, and we don't maintain the lead we jumped out to on the steelers without blake. So whatever happens this week, I'm so happy about this season, win or lose.
And I'm not predicting anything, one way or the other, all I know is that you can't count this team out, and they have a realistic chance to win it all. There's not a team in the league that we can't beat if they play with the passion we've seen the last two weeks.
And another thing I'm so happy about is that gus was actually right about one thing...young teams have to "learn" how to win, players have to learn how to take that step towards being elite, and going out and winbing your first 2 playoff starts gives young guys confidence for the next game and especially for the future. Even if we lose next week, and we still might, all these young guys are going to go into next year, knowing what it takes, and knowing that they have what it takes. Smile
Just look at the young seahawks team that won it all in 2013, that one year when no one believed in them led to all that success they've had
It’s an amazing feeling. All of this gravy. It will be disappointing if the run ends Sunday, but with Coughlin on board now this is just the beginning
Feels like I'm walking on air.
3 words. The lucky penny
Pages: 1 2