Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags have an advantage emotionally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They have already gone farther than anyone thought they could or would, (except possibly the team collectively themselves). Just going to the game at Foxboro for the Jags is a win so they can play like their helmets are on fire. Really, the team that has everything to lose is the Pats. In a sense we have already won our season.
I’m hoping with both the coordinators supposedly getting head coaching jobs, it’ll serve as a little distraction. But the other part of me says the Patriots are above that. They’ve had plenty of distractions over the years and still manage.
Patriots are Cyborg assassins with ninja skills at ignoring distractions.
Maybe they are football cyborg ninja's but they have been beat this year. I think the Jags have a chance to beat them. Our front four can make for a bad day for Brady.
(01-15-2018, 12:06 PM)JPK Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they are football cyborg ninja's but they have been beat this year. I think the Jags have a chance to beat them. Our front four can make for a bad day for Brady.

This will be the key to winning the game. Our line must generate a better pass rush than they have shown recently. Brady is not the same guy when he faces constant pressure so it will be up to Yannick, Fowler, Jackson and Calais to get him out of his rhythm.
I think they are extra motivated now being in the moment but this is certainly not beyond the players' expectations. They expected to win and to win the Super Bowl. They will be disappointed of anything short.

They have put in the work and will continue to do so to put themselves in position to accomplish their goal!
We should hire the Secret Service to go into Foxboro and search for bugs during the week before the game.
Division round and beyond is big league football. We are taking on the kings of the NFL as the new challengers. They been there done that. They won’t have distractions and even if they did they could still win a super bowl (deflate gate). It big boy time now. Put up or shut up
There is nothing to lose. Don't hold anything back. Put Ramsey on Gronk. Bouye on Cooks. Use Jack and Smith's athleticism to take away the backs they love that underneath stuff.
I think Bill siphons any emotion the team might have and only leaves a soulless robotic football playing husk.
After a months-long dive into the Patriots' 2017 dynamics, ESPN's Seth Wickersham reports there is "a palpable sense in the building that this might be the last year together for this group."
In a remarkable article, Wickersham reports that coach Bill Belichick was essentially forced into trading Jimmy Garoppolo by Tom Brady and owner Robert Kraft, and that Brady's personal trainer Alex Guerrero has created friction with wide-ranging effects. Wickersham came away convinced that this could be Belichick's final season in New England. A "clear the air" meeting between the big three was reportedly scheduled and then canceled in December. It is now expected to take place after the postseason. The whole article, which can be found at the link below, needs to be read.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hot...r-struggle
(01-16-2018, 11:23 AM)sacksonville2k Wrote: [ -> ]After a months-long dive into the Patriots' 2017 dynamics, ESPN's Seth Wickersham reports there is "a palpable sense in the building that this might be the last year together for this group."
In a remarkable article, Wickersham reports that coach Bill Belichick was essentially forced into trading Jimmy Garoppolo by Tom Brady and owner Robert Kraft, and that Brady's personal trainer Alex Guerrero has created friction with wide-ranging effects. Wickersham came away convinced that this could be Belichick's final season in New England. A "clear the air" meeting between the big three was reportedly scheduled and then canceled in December. It is now expected to take place after the postseason. The whole article, which can be found at the link below, needs to be read.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hot...r-struggle

I think BB planted that story to goose Brady. Look like it worked - Brady always plays better with a chip on his shoulder.

Any supposed 'turmoil' caused by the story was only on the outside of the organization, not in the locker room. That was pretty evident on the field last Saturday.