Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ramsey Personal Foul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ramsey was pushed into the player who was out of bounds.  He received a 15 yard penalty that led to a PIT TD.  Is that reviewable or challengeable; I guess not.
Nope not reviewable and means less since we won Big Grin
Pretty sure they reversed something similar for the Patriots... but... you know... different rules for them.

What I don't understand is why they threw the flag on something when they clearly were not looking in that direction at all. Do they just throw the flag anytime they see a player on the ground on the sidelines? If I were Jalen Ramsey I would've gotten tossed out of the game for the tantrum I would've thrown.

They need to change the protocol so that these penalties are reviewable... not holding or pass interference... bc those happen on every play... but personal foul penalties should be reviewable.

I can already tell the game this weekend is going to be fixed by the refs.
IMO, the refs pretty much let them play and only calling blatant stuff or personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalties. In real time it fooled me. I was on my couch thinking what the hell Jalen!? So I can see why the flag was thrown. The replay clearly showed he was pushed and that the ‘hit’ wasn’t as bad as it was. Even then it did kinda look like Jalen gave a slight push anyways or held back. Doesn’t matter though. Not reviewable. Jags still won.
It was a horrible call. Obvious flop. If you didn't see it happen, don't call it.
In fairness, I didn't see the push in real time. It was only on the replay that I saw it. Those types of plays should be reviewed though. Luckily, it didn't cost us the game.
Overall, the refs x
Stayed out of the spotlight yesterday.
When it happened in real time, my thought was "stupid penalties are going to cost us".  When they showed the replay, it was clear that he was pushed into the player and it shouldn't have been a foul.

As far as making it review-able...  I kind of think that in many aspects "replay review" kind of hurts the game.  With that being said, another personal foul could have gotten him ejected.
(01-15-2018, 02:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]When it happened in real time, my thought was "stupid penalties are going to cost us".  When they showed the replay, it was clear that he was pushed into the player and it shouldn't have been a foul.

As far as making it review-able...  I kind of think that in many aspects "replay review" kind of hurts the game.  With that being said, another personal foul could have gotten him ejected.

That was my worry with him and Telvin.  I love that the D has swag.  But there’s no reason to rub it in and it’s not worth the 15 yards and possible ejection.
From the angle that was televised, it was difficult to see how it happened. However, the ref was right in front of it. There’s no way he sees a late hit and not see Ramsey getting blocked into him. You can’t see one and not the other.
(01-15-2018, 02:34 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, the refs pretty much let them play and only calling blatant stuff or personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalties.  In real time it fooled me.  I was on my couch thinking what the hell Jalen!?  So I can see why the flag was thrown.  The replay clearly showed he was pushed and that the ‘hit’ wasn’t as bad as it was.   Even then it did kinda look like Jalen gave a slight push anyways or held back.  Doesn’t matter though.  Not reviewable.   Jags still won.
I agree. To me it seemed like the refs were letting them play. Looked to me on the slo mo close up replays there were plenty of potential flags that could have been thrown on both sides.
Real time it looked like it was the right call. Can’t fault the refs for that. Jalen has a history of personal fouls so it made the call easier for the refs. Overall I was happy with the game the refs called. They really let both teams go at it and weren’t the determining factor. Yes the Personal Foul call helped lead to a Steelers TD but both teams played a clean game. Holding happens every play but I was just happy they let them go. You could argue that the first Brown TD catch was offensive PI but Bouye was hand fighting too. It’s nice to see two physical teams get to go at it. Won’t happen next week. If we even touch Brady we better hope he has the ball or we will be penalized
https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-j...-113701737

Here’s the replay.  This was not the televised angle.   But if your watching the ball carrier to spot the ball at the right spot and see Ramsey coming in I think it’s reasonable to believe the ref missed the push.  Idk.  Maybe I’m trying to be too objective.  I still stand by it not being the refs picking on the jags.
Eh. We got it back with the Smoot no call.
At least the announcers mentioned it when it happened.
(01-15-2018, 02:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]As far as making it review-able...  I kind of think that in many aspects "replay review" kind of hurts the game.  With that being said, another personal foul could have gotten him ejected.

That's my issue with the rule; a few plays later Ramsey didn't make an effort on a play where the receiver was on the sideline and the receiver turned it up field and got another couple of yards. I think it's pretty pretry clear Ramsey held back because he was worried about getting another penalty and getting ejected. That's why I think those penalties need to be reviewable /challengeable.
Real time it was the right call. But it's not reviewable.
(01-15-2018, 06:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Eh. We got it back with the Smoot no call.

That no call surprised me. The bouye break up over the middle was close as well. Hard to fault the game the refs called. The Steelers line was grabby against our defense but nothing would have pointed to refs screwing us out of a win.
they gave us a makeup call with not throwing flag for slamming bed after he threw the ball
Oh just wait till this week lol