Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Worst loss since 2008 season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't usually participate in these type of threads.  But the Jaguars been a bad team since 2008, and when a team is so bad it's hard to point out bad losses when they're generally all losses.  But what losses during this period were so bad that they completely changed your perception of the team?  What loss was so bad you reached some type of tipping point as far as either staff or personnel or anything else.  

For me, it was the 2015 16-13 overtime loss in Indianapolis.  I don't remember the full folly of that game (and probably for the better), but Myers missed 2 field goals, and another that didn't count.  In general, I'd never seen a team work harder at giving away a game than they did that game.  I saw things differently after that game.  It was the beginning of their pattern of blowing every opportunity to win a weak division and the pattern has rolled over to this season.  I also distinctly remember this as the point where Alfie Crow completely lost his mind and went full meltdown mode on BCC and Twitter.

So what game is the worst since we've been bad?  Shack Harris Era?  Was it Gene Smith Era?  Was it this season?  Honestly for me #2 and #3 are probably be this years San Diego and Raiders games.

There has been too many for 1 to stand out for the Gus era. They are all one big, blurry beat down.

My hairloss since the 2008 season has been staggering, so I'll go with that..

Truthfully I only remember like 3 games since 2009, I barely even remember the details from many of the games from this season. 

Chargers game this year. Asked how the team can improve in the second half, Gus Bradley told the sideline reporter, "We are playing as good as we can play. We just have to build on that." The score was 28-0. For three years I refused to get on the "fire Gus" train, but that comment - especially after seeing the way we gave up so many points and failed to score ourselves  - put me over the edge.

The San Diego beat down.
Quote:The San Diego beat down.

This year, right? We had several of those.
Quote:This year, right? We had several of those.

It's a tradition.
Quote:It's a tradition.

LOL Obviously a bad tradition that needs to end.
This last one. Maybe it's because it is fresh, but to play that poorly on offense, have two player meltdowns (after we've had a few others), lose at home again while looking as inept on offense as we did when this whole thing started was a tipping point for me. For the first time ever, I do not want to go to anymore games. There is no enjoyment and only frustration. I was even frustrated after we came back on Chicago. That may have been are worst win. We as fans have stuck through this rebuild believing that this year we finally had the pieces to look like a good team. I think this past Sunday I came to grips with the fact that we are rebuilding (albeit with better players than before) and barely have any hope left that Bortles is a franchise QB. It just all kind of hit me then.
this whole season feels like one big loss
First Houston Game last season. There was no excuse for the abysmal defensive play calling.

Quote:The San Diego beat down.
Which one?!
It's hard to pick one, but I can see how this was can impact more that others. A few years ago you could say these were the exact same team. Void of talent, new coaches, highly drafted QB coming in, a GM working on building a team around them. We get pretty much got blown out by the team we sorta should be.
Quote:This last one. Maybe it's because it is fresh, but to play that poorly on offense, have two player meltdowns (after we've had a few others), lose at home again while looking as inept on offense as we did when this whole thing started was a tipping point for me. For the first time ever, I do not want to go to anymore games. There is no enjoyment and only frustration. I was even frustrated after we came back on Chicago. That may have been are worst win. We as fans have stuck through this rebuild believing that this year we finally had the pieces to look like a good team. I think this past Sunday I came to grips with the fact that we are rebuilding (albeit with better players than before) and barely have any hope left that Bortles is a franchise QB. It just all kind of hit me then.

I agree with the Chicago win.  I don't recall a Jaguars win that felt as disappointing as that.  The game was just another sign that something was real wrong.  And it all really started with San Diego.  They sold us a team that should blow out a team like San Diego.  Yet they play San Diego the worse they ever had.   Then the Raiders loss pretty much sent the confidence level to absolute zero.  I'm  looking forward to the game tomorrow, but I'm not sure I even care the results.  Things have gotten so out of hand, I'm just anticipating what happens next.  At this point, they have to completely stomp on the Titans to even begin redeeming themselves.    
Quote:I agree with the Chicago win.  I don't recall a Jaguars win that felt as disappointing as that.  The game was just another sign that something was real wrong.  And it all really started with San Diego.  They sold us a team that should blow out a team like San Diego.  Yet they play San Diego the worse they ever had.   Then the Raiders loss pretty much sent the confidence level to absolute zero.  I'm  looking forward to the game tomorrow, but I'm not sure I even care the results.  Things have gotten so out of hand, I'm just anticipating what happens next.  At this point, they have to completely stomp on the Titans to even begin redeeming themselves.    
I won't even watch the first part of it.  I decided to do something else in the afternoon after work.  I'll catch it after halftime.  2007 and before, I was racing home to watch the pregame show for a primetime Jags game.  Now, it's just not worth my time anymore.
Quote:I won't even watch the first part of it.  I decided to do something else in the afternoon after work.  I'll catch it after halftime.  2007 and before, I was racing home to watch the pregame show for a primetime Jags game.  Now, it's just not worth my time anymore.

Don't blame you.  And neither does this guy.  It's funny that earlier on Jay Mohr they were talking about the Jaguars for a while.  This may be the first time the national media is more positive about the Jaguars than the fan base.
Too many.