Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Holy crap! Stephen A Smith giving us props
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at videos on youtube related to the game yesterday and decided to watch this one just to see what they would say. Color me shocked when Smith, who I can't stand and I've never heard of him saying anything good about the Jags, was saying that yes, the Jaguars should be taken very seriously. I have no idea who the white dude is but he also said we shouldn't be overlooked, and I haven't watched the rest to see what the other fellow says yet. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. Knowing how our team plays when people talk smack about us, I think I'd rather hear the smack, but this is golden.

Video
I think its funny they mentioned all of our pass rushers besides Yannick. I honestly think its his name. He'll probably end up being a nnamdi asomugha (CB for the raiders), no one could pronounce his name for years while he was a true all pro corner. Sad how that works out
They aren't wrong. This is a championship caliber defense and when they're at their best, they can hang with anyone. Like so many of our games this season, it's going to come down to whether or not our offense can be a functional unit. Hopefully Fournette can get healthy quick because if our run game plays like it did the first half against Pittsburgh, it opens up so much for our passing game.
Smith was praising the Pittsburgh win on his radio show today as well. He said he got called out on twitter by Mike Mitchell, for saying he ran his mouth and then choked.

Max Kellerman is my favorite boxing analyst,  very good all around sports mind.
(01-15-2018, 04:42 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]I think its funny they mentioned all of our pass rushers besides Yannick. I honestly think its his name. He'll probably end up being a nnamdi asomugha (CB for the raiders), no one could pronounce his name for years while he was a true all pro corner. Sad how that works out

No kidding. Just when I think I know how to pronounce it I totally jack it up.
(01-15-2018, 04:42 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]I think its funny they mentioned all of our pass rushers besides Yannick. I honestly think its his name. He'll probably end up being a nnamdi asomugha (CB for the raiders), no one could pronounce his name for years while he was a true all pro corner. Sad how that works out

They also failed to mention All-Pro Telvin Smith.
Middle fella is ryan clark. Former steelers DB. Knows the game. Speaks well. Obviously has some steelers bias haha
This almost made me cry lol
No team matches up better against the Patriots than we do.
Of course the Jags should be taken seriously. Anyone who doesn't realize that isn't paying attention. They will come in here totally unafraid.
(01-15-2018, 08:16 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]This almost made me cry lol

I know, right? I was in a state of shock and awe.  Big Grin

(01-15-2018, 08:27 PM)BostonBlackie Wrote: [ -> ]Of course the Jags should be taken seriously. Anyone who doesn't realize that isn't paying attention. They will come in here totally unafraid.

Yeah, the fans need to take us serious too. All of you automatically assume you're going to win, even though you say we're not to be taken lightly. You won't be on top forever. Someone will topple that ivory tower and if it were to be at the Jaguars hand.....man. Can you imagine the mayhem? 

Any Given Sunday is all I can say.