Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New England has already punched their ticket to Minnesota
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to this guy:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostong...O/amp.html

Now I know the Patriots players aren’t gonna make the same mistake Pittsburgh did, but I hope stuff like this get back to the team.
(01-15-2018, 06:45 PM)BigJohn98 Wrote: [ -> ]According to this guy:

Now I know the Patriots players aren’t gonna make the same mistake Pittsburgh did, but I hope stuff like this get back to the team.
Sorry, but DAN SHAUGHNESSY, known around here at the "Redheaded Step Child," is one of those writers who can't wait for the demise of not only the Patriots, but all Boston sports franchises. He's an idiot, a fool, a troublemaker, and one of the least liked writers in New England. In fact, his articles are often used a bulletin board material around here! He's written article after article referencing the mostly fabricated Wickersham (B$PN) story. 

You're right that the Patriots' players aren't going to say a word. I just want you and everyone else here to know that DAN SHAUGHNESSY IS NOT a Patriots' homer. Just the opposite! He roots against the Pats and can't wait for the end of the Brady/Belichick Era to end, just so he can gloat and say, "I've been telling everyone for years that they're done!" He actively roots against the Pats...

On the other hand...

Jalen Ramsey of Jacksonville Jaguars guarantees Super Bowl victory
www.espn.com/.../jalen-ramsey-jacksonville-jaguars-guarantees-super-bowl-victory

Shaughnessy says the same thing every year, and doesn't represent the Patriots anymore than you or I do.
So he's basically a fartbag just trying to make Patriots fans look like jackasses?
(01-15-2018, 07:24 PM)jjgator Wrote: [ -> ]So he's basically a fartbag just trying to make Patriots fans look like jackasses?

He's not after the fans, he's after the Patriots ownership and Bill Belichick. Sorta. It's a long and complicated relationship between Shaughnessy, Boston sports, fans, owners, etc.
Woody Paige must have sent Dan Shaughnessy his clown shoes for this weeks game.
if hes not a patriots fan why is he so down on the jags then? He basicly says jags stink cause they lost to the jets. patriots lost to the guppuies.i mean dolphins
(01-15-2018, 07:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]if hes not a patriots fan why is he so down on the jags then? He basicly says jags stink cause they lost to the jets. patriots lost to the guppuies.i mean dolphins

He sounds like an all around idiot who just wants to stir up trouble and drama because his life most likely sucks.
(01-15-2018, 07:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]if hes not a patriots fan why is he so down on the jags then? He basicly says jags stink cause they lost to the jets. patriots lost to the guppuies.i mean dolphins

It's a long and complicated relationship between Shaughnessy, Boston sports, fans, owners, etc. I'm not articulate enough to explain it.
(01-15-2018, 07:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]if hes not a patriots fan why is he so down on the jags then?  He basicly says jags stink cause they lost to the jets. patriots lost to the guppuies.i mean dolphins

He's a very negative person. He said worse about the Falcons and the City of Atlanta. He says the exact same things about all the NE teams and players. Reading his columns, you wouldn't know he was based in Boston.

Basically, he spews outrageous, foolish, and irresponsible garbage because he knows it will make EVERYBODY angry. You'll read him just so you can hate him more. Why do liberals watch FOX? Why do conservatives watch MSNBC? Simply to become outraged.
I'm with the other Boston guys on this one. I switched from the Boston Globe to the Boston Herald years ago b/c of Shaughnessy, I don't know why the Globe has kept him.

FYI- the Globe is the liberal Boston daily; the Herald is the conservative. We used to have the Boston Phoenix, too which was well left of the Globe but it met its demise several years ago.

I'm hoping Boston fans represent well here this week, certainly have to be better than our friends from upstate New York. They mostly embarrassed their city.

I live in New England,  this guy throws his turfs against the wall hoping one will stick!
They are all welcome to go .......... To watch.
The patriots dont talk, they dont look ahead. They have not punched any ticket. The only team that has punched a ticket via comments is jacksonville. Now i do know the patriots will use that stuff to thier advantage.
Also as far as the patriots are concerned they havent played a good game yet. As far as belichicks concerned the team needs to play better every week. They dont get much praise unless they win a championship.
(01-15-2018, 10:39 PM)Cmdjr85 Wrote: [ -> ]The patriots dont talk, they dont look ahead. They have not punched any ticket. The only team that has punched a ticket via comments is jacksonville. Now i do know the patriots will use that stuff to thier advantage.
Also as far as the patriots are concerned they havent played a good game yet. As far as belichicks concerned the team needs to play better every week. They dont get much praise unless they win a championship.

To be fair. It was one player who said the Jaguars would be in the Super Bowl, Jalen Ramsey. And he is noted to have a loud mouth. I mean during the draft process he was declared he was planning on being the best since Primetime Deion Sanders. 

Pretty sure both coaches and teams will have same preparation and not overlook each other. Hoping for a good game. Tickets are pretty expensive sadly.
Unfortunately they always are and thats a shame for fans that just want to go see their team play.

I will say this is gonna be a very tough game for the patriots. Alot of other fans have no idea what thry are talking about. This defense of yours can be extremly problimatic. Ive tried to tell them.
I knew it! I knew if I didn't sign up for an account quickly that that troll Shaugnessy was likely to get an article up to rile everyone up. But I figured, 'hey its Monday surely he wont be that quick'. Yet here we are. Every time we play a team and I visit our opponent's forum where they've found an article downplaying the opponent, its always that troll.

Ignore him. Every time the Pats lose, he writes an equally dismissive article about our team calling us frauds or some other horse [BLEEP]. The tone is always the same- he just copy/pastes based off of the winner/loser.

We are not the Steelers. All you can expect out of the Patriots is respect. As seen by Slater:

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/953008131164000256

100% guaranteed the players have not punched anything anywhere, so keep dreaming. BB is all over them right now.
Dan Shaunghnessy and the Krafts hate each other. He's no fan of the Patriots and is hated by many up here in Boston. Loooong story but feel free to google it.
I see a couple of regular posters from PFT have made it over here. Welcome.

Come on down to the Beverly (MA) Elks if you have no place to watch the game.
Pages: 1 2