Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: An interesting read about Americas Team the Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/bj...le-jaguars

Pretty good

Stand against the tyranny!!!!!
That was enjoyable thanks for posting that!

It's us vs the evil empire and I love it.

Brady is going to be hurting come Sunday. Sacksonville is going to crash through that line like nothing Brady has seen all year. This defense has the talent to handle the Patriots offense and Bortles seems to have found his confidence after his first playoff game against the Bills.

We need Fournete's ankle to be as healthy as it can be. He is going to be a crucial part to a victory against the empire.

The empire is going down this Sunday and America's team the Jacksonville Jaguars are going to be the cause of the collapse.

Can you feel it? I think the confidence of the defense has worn off on me but I have all the faith in these men to get the job done this Sunday.
That was an awesome article. I can not wait for Sunday!!!! I was very nervous against Buffalo, was confident and excited against Pitt. I have that same confidence and excitement for this week!

Let's lead the Rebellion!
Patriots message board seem to think we have no good pass rush, can't wait to shut them up.
I actually laughed out loud at the part about Gronk eating too many Tide pods the night before the game.
Front 4 is gonna have to play better this week. The majority of the game Ben was sitting back there with a mike to throw. Brady will pick us apart if he has that much time.
I love the subtle humour in that.

What a great read, thanks for posting!
That was hilarious. I think it safe to say, the Jags do have A LOT of the nation rooting for them this week.
I'll allow it. My buddy is a Pats fan, but he's in the minority that thinks it will be a good game. I just REALLY want to smack the Pats in the mouth: for the Eagles fans, the Ravens fans, the Raiders fan and stupid tuck rule. On Sunday WE are the United against 2 decades of Pat smugness. Let's DO THIS!
Crazy to think one year ago we were all talking about jumping off modus again. We were dogging our own team and just cracking jokes to keep the depression at bay. Man those were bad times for this franchise. If nothing else this season has brought the buzz back to Jacksonville. Just winning the division would have been a big step in the right direction. Or a playoff berth. We're actually Super Bowl contenders.
[Image: the-evil-empire.jpg?quality=100&w=650][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-4hefcc16RijAegoe67C...wBJtoxKA4A]
So great. Shared with all my friends and family
(01-16-2018, 02:10 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually laughed out loud at the part about Gronk eating too many Tide pods the night before the game.

This was my favorite line: 

"Tom Brady is a snake-oil salesman peddling magic water and pajamas; Blake Bortles drinks from the tap and sleeps in a T-shirt he got for free at a bar in 2013."
"That sounds ridiculous after the Jaguars allowed 42 points to the Steelers but half of it was attained on fourth down prayers and during garbage time. "

So nice to read that about someone else's team
(01-16-2018, 03:58 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Front 4 is gonna have to play better this week. The majority of the game Ben was sitting back there with a mike to throw. Brady will pick us apart if he has that much time.

To their credit, the Steelers offensive line is one of the best in the league. We got pressure when it was needed.  I don’t think you’ll see a similar situation this week in New England.
(01-16-2018, 12:41 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 03:58 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Front 4 is gonna have to play better this week. The majority of the game Ben was sitting back there with a mike to throw. Brady will pick us apart if he has that much time.

To their credit, the Steelers offensive line is one of the best in the league. We got pressure when it was needed.  I don’t think you’ll see a similar situation this week in New England.

I think the Steelers OL is a better OL than the Pats.

But Brady makes such quick decisions and gets rid of the ball so fast, it's tough to sack him.

Nevertheless, we've got to get pressure on him if we are to have a chance to win.

I like the way we match up against their offense-save Gronk.  Maybe if we double him the entire game...

(01-16-2018, 12:38 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]"That sounds ridiculous after the Jaguars allowed 42 points to the Steelers but half of it was attained on fourth down prayers and during garbage time. "

So nice to read that about someone else's team

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
(01-16-2018, 06:43 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]That was hilarious.   I think it safe to say, the Jags do have A LOT of the nation rooting for them this week.

haha. Man, I see this every year. The nation ALWAYS roots against the Patriots every year. i remember all of the articles about the Falcons and how everybody wanted them to beat the Patriots, etc, etc......

Happens every year. Hey, just think, your team has the inner buildings to be a force to be reckoned with now. You could be in the same boat after Brady retires and we are no longer relevant.
(01-16-2018, 01:18 PM)Boston_Prince Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 06:43 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]That was hilarious.   I think it safe to say, the Jags do have A LOT of the nation rooting for them this week.

haha. Man, I see this every year. The nation ALWAYS roots against the Patriots every year. i remember all of the articles about the Falcons and how everybody wanted them to beat the Patriots, etc, etc......

Happens every year. Hey, just think, your team has the inner buildings to be a force to be reckoned with now. You could be in the same boat after Brady retires and we are no longer relevant.

(emphasis added)

I've been thinking about that quite a bit, actually.

No disrespect intended here. 

The Pats have been a likeable team for me (not my absolute favorite) dating back to Grogan, Francis, Clayborn, Fox, Calhoun, et al.

But it is my deepest hope we hasten his decision to retire on Sunday by giving him a rough, rough, painful and dirty (meaning grass and mud/dirt stains on his uniform) outing.
A lot of people I know over here in the UK are starting to wake up to the NFL all of a sudden.. it's funny that they care very little about it between February and December, it's also funny how they're all die hard Pats fans...

A friend of mine has tried to convince me of his die hard Patriots fandom.. however, he did ask me who played in last years Super Bowl.

Naturally I told him it was the Browns and the Jets and it finished 51-50 to the Browns.

I honestly thought he was kidding, until I saw him Googling it to see the legitimacy in my statement. He then made a huge point of telling me who actually won and acting like he watched it.. he told me everything that happened play for play.. almost like he was reading it from the NFL website or something... how weird..
(01-16-2018, 01:18 PM)Boston_Prince Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course the vast majority of people (Aside from pats fans) will be rooting for whoever you guys play.  Has it occurred to you that maybe other fans are just tired of hearing about the Patriots?  They’re just sick of it.  You know how many times I hear “ if the Patriots go to the super bowl, I probably won’t even watch it”?  It’s got nothing to do with the Jaguars.  Doesn’t matter if we play you guys or it’s the Steelers or if the Jags went 0-16.  People are just sick and tired of hearing about the Patriots, Tom Brady and B.B.  it gets old.   And no, it’s not called being a Patriot hater.  Doesn’t make us jealous fans.  Doesn’t have to do with our record against you guys.  It’s just gets old and boring watching the same damn thing each year.  ‘Anybody but the Patriots’.  Don’t take it to heart man.  Don’t be offended.  That’s just people saying they want to see someone different in the super bowl.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Don’t act like if it wasn’t your team you wouldn’t feel the same after a decade.
Pages: 1 2