Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Congrats, Jags!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know you guys will have a lot of fans this week, especially on the Ravens forum. Even though you guys thumped us, it's common enemies that we despise. Lol

Glad you guys beat the Steelers and hopefully can knock off the Patriots.

The unit reminds me of a Ravens squad that went into New England and knocked off the Pats. A strong run game with a top 5 defense. Recipe for success!

That defense is playing with an attitude and it has been fun to watch.

Congrats! And good luck, fellas!
(01-16-2018, 12:11 AM)RavensPunk Wrote: [ -> ]I know you guys will have a lot of fans this week, especially on the Ravens forum. Even though you guys thumped us, it's common enemies that we despise. Lol

Glad you guys beat the Steelers and hopefully can knock off the Patriots.

The unit reminds me of a Ravens squad that went into New England and knocked off the Pats. A strong run game with a top 5 defense. Recipe for success!

That defense is playing with an attitude and it has been fun to watch.

Congrats! And good luck, fellas!

Lol, all you guys had to do was stop andy dalton on 4th and 12!
(01-16-2018, 12:13 AM)Cmdjr85 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, all you guys had to do was stop andy dalton on 4th and 12!

Don't remind me. Lol
Thanks, us Jags fans have been in the pit of misery for a long time. It is quite gratifying to be sending other teams and their fans there for a change! I think if we play press on the Pats and ca get pressure with our front 4 we have a very good chance of beating New England!
Classy post...

Just one amendment.. I believe we have a Top 1 defence..
Time to steal the show!
(01-16-2018, 01:31 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, us Jags fans have been in the pit of misery for a long time. It is quite gratifying to be sending other teams and their fans there for a change! I think if we play press on the Pats and ca get pressure with our front 4 we have a very good chance of beating New England!

(01-16-2018, 04:51 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]Classy post...

Just one amendment.. I believe we have a Top 1 defence..

Brady is the king of the dink and dunk pass. I'm sure that's the game plan to avoid the pass rush. That bump coverage off the line will hopefully force him to hang on longer which the jags can do with the their press coverage. 

You give their receivers any type of space off the line and Brady darts them in there. It'll be interesting to see gronk against the Jags in the middle of the field. I know our board was high on Myles Jack in the draft last year, so it's nice to see him doing well. 

It's hard to argue against the Jags being number one. If Brady wins a championship he'll most likely have to go through a gauntlet of good defenses. Jags this week and if he makes it through, he'll most likely get the Vikings defense. Not set in stone, but Vikes have the advantage.
Thanks RP, and for the record, the first guy who responded was a Pats fan who felt the need to rub your season’s end in your face, not a Jags fan. He’s been banned for his trolling antics since.

Much mutual respect for a hard-nosed team (Ravens). I hope we knock em (Patriots) off the pedestal this year, but even if not, the castle is crumbling, and young Jags are waiting below. Time to feast. Best of luck next year, we’ll try to give you an assist by beating the Steelers again when we play em.
(01-16-2018, 03:36 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks RP, and for the record, the first guy who responded was a Pats fan who felt the need to rub your season’s end in your face, not a Jags fan.  He’s been banned for his trolling antics since.

Much mutual respect for a hard-nosed team (Ravens).  I hope we knock em (Patriots) off the pedestal this year, but even if not, the castle is crumbling, and young Jags are waiting below.  Time to feast.  Best of luck next year, we’ll try to give you an assist by beating the Steelers again when we play em.

No sweat. We get those people from time to time as well. But the Ravens have beaten the Pats enough when it counts to take those comments in stride. 

Besides the fact that a lot of fans wanted Jack and wanted to move up to take Ramsey, I think a lot of us see this as a 2011-2012 esque Ravens run. The underdogs complemented with a strong defense and slashing run game. Bortles criticized at every turn only to play really well in the post season. Which to this point hasn't thrown a pick, so may the run continue!

People always say teams are always intimidated by the Patriots and the only two who aren't are the ravens and the Giants. I'm thinking the Jags will be added to that list because they're just playing like they don't care who they play or what the critics are saying. 

Looking forward to the game!
(01-16-2018, 01:31 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, us Jags fans have been in the pit of misery for a long time. It is quite gratifying to be sending other teams and their fans there for a change! I think if we play press on the Pats and ca get pressure with our front 4 we have a very good chance of beating New England!

Dilly dilly!