Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I am so proud of this team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This has been one of the best seasons to be a Jags fan in a long time. So proud of this team. Who would have thought this after the preseason we had, benching Blake for Henne, then naming Blake the starter. I will never buy into the preseason again after this year lol. The future is bright , our window is open for the next few years. I really hope we make it to the Super Bowl, I just want to experience it and take it all in. 

Now on to the team that is in our way, The Patriots. 

1. We need to pressure Brady with our four man rush. We got no pressure on Ben with our front four. This has to change to have any chance. 

2. Put Ramsey on Gronk, Put Bouye on Cooks, and have Telvin and Jack on the RBs. I think it's the only way. Do not put a hobbled Gipson on Gronk please. 

3. Play mistake free football. We need Fournette to run like a man possessd like he did on Sunday. 

4. Protect Blake. He had so much time on Sunday, going to need that again. 

In the end, I see Brady being Brady on a game winning drive to win 24-20. Regardless, it was a great season.
You can't line up Ramsey on Gronk, unless he is split out wide as a WR. If you put Ramsey inside and line him up inside on Gronk that automatically tells Brady it is man coverage... and he will pick that apart. You just can't give that type of info pre snap to the GOAT. Gronk will have his way, I'd just try and contain him. Myles Jack might be the perfect LB to cover him. I am more worried about the RBs out the backfield.
Boycott fake news!
(01-16-2018, 10:43 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]You can't line up Ramsey on Gronk, unless he is split out wide as a WR. If you put Ramsey inside and line him up inside on Gronk that automatically tells Brady it is man coverage... and he will pick that apart. You just can't give that type of info pre snap to the GOAT.  Gronk will have his way, I'd just try and contain him. Myles Jack might be the perfect LB to cover him. I am more worried about the RBs out the backfield.

Agreed. 

I am glad they got beat up a bit by the Steelers. Perfect timing to humble them and make them focus. But that's Antonion Brown and LeVeon Bell. Those boys can play as good as anybody. They're honestly the top dogs at their respective positions as far as I am concerned. 

With New England the key is Gronkowski's big [BLEEP]. You have to double him or Brady will make you pay big time. We have the athletes to keep up with him. They might want to consider putting Ramsey on top of him if he does line up on the outside from time to time. Which I am sure will happen inside the red zone. But when that happens you'll have to move Colvin over Hogan or Amendola and leave Bouye on Cooks. 

We can't afford to have Telvin and Paul dropping back in coverage too much because they have to keep the running backs in check. Lewis and Burkhead are capable of catching and running out of the backfield. They make it look routine. For me this game comes down to three guys on defense. Gipson, Church and Jack. That's ultimately it. If we [BLEEP] up in the middle of the defense or don't use the safeties properly with blitzes and double/rolled coverage we are absolutely [BLEEP]. 

You have to get in Brady's face though. If you can do it with the base four. Great. If not, it's going to be a long day. I think what they're going to do is try and exploit our weaknesses on defense. And we know there's two weaknesses right now. 

1. Overly fast & aggressive. Expect a lot of timing routes, three step drops with maybe one and two reads only and of course various screen plays to various positions. The freak athletes like Smith and Jack have to calm down and let the play come to them sometimes instead of charging in at full speed. Everything they do is calculated as hell. 

&

2. Lack of depth behind Ramsey, Bouye and Colvin. This is my main concern and you saw Pittsburgh doing this a lot. They kept coming out in a lot of empty backfield sets. Hoping to isolate the 4th corner or a linebacker on a receiver. We won that battle more times than not. This is going to be the funnest chess match this weekend. Brady will come out with a split backfield and then all of a sudden flare them out and go empty backfield. This is when you need tip drills over the middle. Because that's the only place this football can go in these situations. 

This is going to be one HELL of a game.
(01-16-2018, 10:51 AM)Matt Jones 904 Wrote: [ -> ]Boycott fake news!

Your account is Fake News.
The key is man defense. Strait up. It doesnt matter 1 bit if brady knows its man, we have to play man. Brady is even more of a statue than ben, by a large margin, he literally cant move. You play man to man across the board and 2 safeties over top or mix it up with single high safety and the other safety playing zone short middle.

If you play zone brady will EAT IT ALIVE on short throws. Have to play man defense
The key is to have the 4 defensive linemen go all out to get to Brady, with no thought whatsoever that he might break the pocket and run, because he isn't going to do that. He's immobile.

History shows that when a team can get a pass rush on Brady with only 4 pass rushers, that's when he has the most trouble.

Disclaimer: It's Tom Brady, the greatest football player of all time, no doubt about it. It will be very hard to beat that guy.
(01-16-2018, 12:00 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]The key is man defense. Strait up. It doesnt matter 1 bit if brady knows its man, we have to play man. Brady is even more of a statue than ben, by a large margin, he literally cant move. You play man to man across the board and 2 safeties over top or mix it up with single high safety and the other safety playing zone short middle.

If you play zone brady will EAT IT ALIVE on short throws. Have to play man defense

I disagree. You let him know it's man and play 100% man all the Patriots do it pick plays to the RBs and slot. You have to mix it.
(01-16-2018, 12:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The key is to have the 4 defensive linemen go all out to get to Brady, with no thought whatsoever that he might break the pocket and run, because he isn't going to do that.  He's immobile.  

History shows that when a team can get a pass rush on Brady with only 4 pass rushers, that's when he has the most trouble.  

Disclaimer: It's Tom Brady, the greatest football player of all time, no doubt about it.   It will be very hard to beat that guy.

System QB.
(01-16-2018, 01:49 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 12:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The key is to have the 4 defensive linemen go all out to get to Brady, with no thought whatsoever that he might break the pocket and run, because he isn't going to do that.  He's immobile.  

Disclaimer: It's Tom Brady, the greatest football player of all time, no doubt about it.   It will be very hard to beat that guy.

System QB.

If a so called "system QB" can win 5 Super Bowls and go to two others, give me that "system QB" any day of the week.
(01-16-2018, 01:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 01:49 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]System QB.

If a so called "system QB" can win 5 Super Bowls and go to two others, give me that "system QB" any day of the week.

I'm not saying he's not a GOOD system QB, but I doubt he has the same amount of success anywhere else.
(01-16-2018, 01:57 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 01:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]If a so called "system QB" can win 5 Super Bowls and go to two others, give me that "system QB" any day of the week.

I'm not saying he's not a GOOD system QB, but I doubt he has the same amount of success anywhere else.

It depends on the talent available to him, but unlike Montana, aside from a zone read type system that requires a QB to run, I can't see a system Brady doesn't have success.
(01-16-2018, 01:57 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 01:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]If a so called "system QB" can win 5 Super Bowls and go to two others, give me that "system QB" any day of the week.

Early on Brady was a system QB.  Now he is the GOAT.  Brady would take the Brown to the playoffs and they would have a shot at the SB.  Brady throwing to Gordon,Coleman, and  Njoku behind that oline with Duke catching passes out of the backfield.  Would be the best offense in the league
While i think gronk is pretty good. He is the show horse, he makes the big splash plays. The one that worrys me more is Amendola he is the work horse. if its 3rd down 90% of the plays are going to amendola and he gets the first down that is the secret to the pats offense score with gronk drive with amendola. just my opinion
Brady is still a system QB.

Ive never watched him and been impressed and thought, this guy is the best.

It's short dink and dunk boring offense.. the only time it was ever fun to watch was when Randy Moss was there.
(01-16-2018, 02:09 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Brady is still a system QB.

It's short dink and dunk boring offense.. the only time it was ever fun to watch was when Randy Moss was there.

That's what I thought initially.

If I saw his deep passes die, I'd probably be on your side.

But his deep throws are on point too, even at 40.
System QB!?!?!?!
cmon guys
(01-16-2018, 02:07 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]While i think gronk is pretty good. He is the show horse, he makes the big splash plays. The one that worrys me more is Amendola he is the work horse. if its 3rd down 90% of the plays are going to amendola and he gets the first down that is the secret to the pats offense score with gronk drive with amendola. just my opinion

Im going to assume Colvin would cover Amendola. I think thats a mismatch in the patriots favor.
(01-16-2018, 02:09 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Brady is still a system QB.

You’re drunk.

Go home.
Lol so now Debbie Downer wants to be all positive after all those posts of negativity throughout the year?

Figures!
Pages: 1 2