Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yeldon underappreciated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He had such a good game against Pitt. So many crucial 3rd downs

Hope he keeps it up vs NE

Perfect change of pace back after Fournette
I actually don't mind him replacing Fournette on third and 4+
Great pass pro. Has good hands and elusive enough to pick up the few extra yards after a checkdown.

Would like him to be more productive when spelling Fournette on early downs in early portions of the game, so Fournette can be fresher later in the game.
But as a third down back I give him his props.
(01-16-2018, 11:26 AM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]I actually don't mind him replacing Fournette on third and 4+
Great pass pro. Has good hands and elusive enough to pick up the few extra yards after a checkdown.

Would like him to be more productive when spelling Fournette on early downs in early portions of the game, so Fournette can be fresher later in the game.
But as a third down back I give him his props.

This.
I've always been a big Yeldon fan. Remember when people wanted to trade him because we signed Ivory? lol
He’s light years ahead of ivory at this point. He made one of the big plays of the game, that crucial 20 yard or so third down conversion. I also liked on that play how Bortles went through a couple reads and then hit Yeldon. Great chemistry
This staff has always been high on Yeldon because of what he brings in pass pro and the screen game.
A lot of posters bag on him over fumble issues and his role as lead back left something to be desired.

But his etched out role with about 10 touches a game is perfect for him. Especially when he can pick up 6 on a screen, or pick up a block for Bortles in pass pro (or in the tuck and run scenario like in Pitt).

Ivory is done and I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive the rest of the way.
I’m not sure he’s under appreciated by the fans, but he’s absolutely underused. I’ve been pushing for more from him all season. He’s shown pretty good vision, and his studder move reminds me a bit of Bell. Obviously no where near the player of Bell, but he’s shown enough to at least replace Ivory. No idea why they kept using Ivory over him
(01-16-2018, 12:23 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]He’s light years ahead of ivory at this point. He made one of the big plays of the game, that crucial 20 yard or so third down conversion. I also liked on that play how Bortles went through a couple reads and then hit Yeldon. Great chemistry

Ivory is done as a Jaguar. Fournette, Yeldon, and Grant are the guys moving forward.  I’d love to see them give Grant a few touches per game because of his big play capability. 

As far as Yeldon is concerned, I think he’s finally found his role.
Super under appreciated. He possibly made the single most game sifting play in the game in the most critical moment. He played at Bama so he’s used to big moments
I absolutely loved his lead block for Blake nearly taking the head off the Steelers player. Always like dthe look of Yeldon and I agree with the above that Ivory is surpluss to requirement after this season.
I love Yeldon and he's the ideal compliment to Fournette on 3rd downs. I wouldn't say he's under appreciated by many Jags fans. He's not the number one guy but he's a great option as the backup to LF.
I been telling people all along you cant get rid of Yelden cuz he is the perfect 3rd down back
It seems Yeldon was never as bad as he looked. The OL was always bad.
(01-16-2018, 01:20 PM)UKJag Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely loved his lead block for Blake nearly taking the head off the Steelers player. Always like dthe look of Yeldon and I agree with the above that Ivory is surpluss to requirement after this season.

I agree that was a fantastic play. I think he is one of the most improved jaguars over a couple years ago. He wasn't good enough back then to keep, but now, I actually want us to extend him. Hes a good backup, and has really improved his running too.

He still a bit of an underachiever for a 2nd round draft pick, but he is doing much better than guys like Alualu did who had years to improve and basically didn't. I don't think he is a bust at all at this point.
(01-16-2018, 12:39 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 12:23 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]He’s light years ahead of ivory at this point. He made one of the big plays of the game, that crucial 20 yard or so third down conversion. I also liked on that play how Bortles went through a couple reads and then hit Yeldon. Great chemistry

Ivory is done as a Jaguar. Fournette, Yeldon, and Grant are the guys moving forward.  I’d love to see them give Grant a few touches per game because of his big play capability. 

As far as Yeldon is concerned, I think he’s finally found his role.

Same on the Grant thing. Dude can flat out fly.
(01-16-2018, 12:27 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]This staff has always been high on Yeldon because of what he brings in pass pro and the screen game.
A lot of posters bag on him over fumble issues and his role as lead back left something to be desired.

But his etched out role with about 10 touches a game is perfect for him. Especially when he can pick up 6 on a screen, or pick up a block for Bortles in pass pro (or in the tuck and run scenario like in Pitt).

Why do people keep saying he has fumble issues? He has 4 totals fumbles (only 2 lost) in 3 years..

Regardless, I've been a supporter of Yeldon for a while now and I didn't even like him coming out of college.
I predicted Yeldon was the key to the game. While I wouldn't quite say that was so, he was a key contributor. He shows he has a knack for converting key plays.
(01-16-2018, 08:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 12:27 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]This staff has always been high on Yeldon because of what he brings in pass pro and the screen game.

Why do people keep saying he has fumble issues? He has 4 totals fumbles (only 2 lost) in 3 years..

Regardless, I've been a supporter of Yeldon for a while now and I didn't even like him coming out of college.

The last 2 years he has 4 fumbles on 179 carries.  That is an issue.  I have to give him credit though, he has been much improved this year and I like him as our 2nd back.  He just needs to hold on to the ball
(01-16-2018, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 08:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people keep saying he has fumble issues? He has 4 totals fumbles (only 2 lost) in 3 years..

The last 2 years he has 4 fumbles on 179 carries.  That is an issue.  I have to give him credit though, he has been much improved this year and I like him as our 2nd back.  He just needs to hold on to the ball

You're also forgetting 80 catches between those 2 seasons as well, but why is his rookie season left out? Just because it doesn't support your argument? 182 carries and 36 catches his rookie season without a fumble.
(01-16-2018, 09:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The last 2 years he has 4 fumbles on 179 carries.  That is an issue.  I have to give him credit though, he has been much improved this year and I like him as our 2nd back.  He just needs to hold on to the ball

You're also forgetting 80 catches between those 2 seasons as well, but why is his rookie season left out? Just because it doesn't support your argument? 182 carries and 36 catches his rookie season without a fumble.

Because this league is about what have you done for me lately.  Not what did you do a few years back. Ivory has an issure with ball security as well. Im hoping for Yeldon is was just a little stint that he has moved passed
Pages: 1 2