Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fess up, who was it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Such a random amount, heck of a bet though!
$990 bet on Jags to win the SB

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/95...9590715398

(edited by mod to add tweet referenced in MSN Sports article)
Should of bet $904.00
(01-16-2018, 12:56 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Should of bet $904.00

So true
I wish I had thought of it... then again... I rarely have 990 dollars laying around for something like that.
I would have needed way better odds to drop $990 before the season started. Or I would have needed a much bigger bank account with money to burn.
I annually keep a side-savings which I contribute a bit of money to each week during the season in the event that the Jags make the Bowl, so that I can buy tickets. Obviously, in the past, at the end of the year it proved a reminder of my false hope. Typically I would take about $150 from it for Jags Swag and use the rest to treat my lady for putting up with 17 Sundays of irrational emotion.

This year, my lady left me, but as our arrow has been pointing up for much of the season, I’ve been contributing a bit more weekly than in years past. Much to my dismay, last Saturday when I went to “my spot” to deposit the cash, the roughly $700 I’d saved had been stolen from my room. Still obviously hope we make it to the Super Bowl, but of all the years to have my money stolen, talk about bad timing.

Sorry if that’s off-topic, but the thread title reflected my feelings towards my roommates, “Fess up! Who was it?!?” Suspiciously enough, one is a Bills fan...(I don’t think he’s THAT hardcore of a fan, or at least I’d hope not, Jesus.)
I thought this thread was gonna be about who causes that damn accident lol
I wish I had $990.
That's when you start betting $25k every game the other way
(01-16-2018, 02:26 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this thread was gonna be about who causes  that damn accident lol

Bwahahahahaahaha
Like the last decade I've always gotten a $10 Super Bowl bet on the Jags from a Vegas sports book, but this year I didn't.....
It was me. No, I don't lend money.Ever.
(01-16-2018, 11:42 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]Like the last decade I've always gotten a $10 Super Bowl bet on the Jags from a Vegas sports book, but this year I didn't.....

If the Jaguars win, your know what you have to do: never bet on the Jaguars again.
(01-17-2018, 12:22 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]It was me. No, I don't lend money.Ever.

You serious? I know someone posted that they did last offseason. Prob should be reading the /sarc tho.
Back in January when Coughlin signed, my wife said the Jaguars would make the SB. She even posted the prediciton on FB.

I only wish we bet on her hunch because I'm thinking they would have been 50:1 to make the SB. $100 could have earned us $5000 with one more win. 
I put $50 on them winning the AFC and I'll bring back $2500
I am banned from Will Hillbut have Jags other places.
(01-17-2018, 01:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Back in January when Coughlin signed, my wife said the Jaguars would make the SB. She even posted the prediciton on FB.

I only wish we bet on her hunch because I'm thinking they would have been 50:1 to make the SB. $100 could have earned us $5000 with one more win. 

Before the season, the odds were more like 125:1. My brother always places a Jags Super Bowl bet in Vegas every summer. This last year he only bet $10. When he told me the odds, I told him that she should have bet his usual $100.
(01-17-2018, 01:12 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2018, 12:22 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]It was me. No, I don't lend money.Ever.

You serious? I know someone posted that they did last offseason. Prob should be reading the /sarc tho.

I put $20 on them to win the AFC Championship at 175:1 last January when I was in Vegas for a bowling tournament.  It was literally the last thing I did before I got on the shuttle for the airport.  It was more of a what the hell kind of bet, at the time.  I've got $20 on them for the Super Bowl too, but I need to check out the ticket for the odds.