Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Latest Vegas Odds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At New England   -9   Jacksonville

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_odds.shtml
J-Ville and the over.
Limiting Brady to less than 28 points is tough and I feel we must score at least 24 to beat a Brady led team (total points 52)
And the Pats aren't running away with this, so 9 points is too much imo.
Brady is so good, I don't know if we can hold him to 24. He is, without a doubt, the best QB this D will face in the playoffs. Discipline will be very important with him, but if we can beat the pats, I feel good about our SB chances.
The spread was over 12 when the giants beat them.
Spread was 9 when Baltimore beat them in the AFC championship.
How much was in against Miami this year they got smacked?
The Patriots are like......10-1 all time vs the Jags at NE.

I remember Buffalo was 9-0 at home in the playoffs back in 1996. I remember the Broncos had a similar stat that dwarfed us.

Well.....this could be our time.
(01-16-2018, 08:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]The Patriots are like......10-1 all time vs the Jags at NE.

I remember Buffalo was 9-0 at home in the playoffs back in 1996. I remember the Broncos had a similar stat that dwarfed us.

Well.....this could be our time.

Records are made to be broken.
I would take the Jaguars and the over if I was betting on this game.  I just think that the team is good enough to either win outright or lose by less than 9.
The jags are gonna win so the spread don’t matter
There's no way Brady is dropping dimes like Roethlisberger was Sunday... He's a very accurate, technical passer in the first 15 yards of the field... but he doesn't have Antonio Brown to throw a perfect ball to on a 4th and 5 that goes 50 yards downfield.

It just ain't happening.
Let's be honest here. If we want to minimize Gronk's influence on this game, no one has better personnel to commit to doing that than we do. If you minimize his influence on the game, they're going to look rather pedestrian on offense against the rest of this still very good secondary. Jaguars have also been 7th against the run since the Dareus trade in case they get any ideas about trying to establish the run game, but I'm pretty sure they're aware this team is better against the run than advertised. They're going to try to either get Gronk heavily involved or if we're able to neutralize him, I expect a lot of screens to the RBs and WRs.
We still match up very well with pretty much everything they're going to try to do. If Fournette can be effective, this might resemble the Pittsburgh game. Either way, we're not getting blown out. I expect a tightly contested game. Bill and Tom will try to catch the Jags in less than favorable personnel match ups by going hurry up when it's opportune to do so. For instance, when Dareus comes in, I suspect they'll try to do this so we can't get our best 4 pass rushing linemen in on cue. The coverage has been so good at times though this may not matter. I won't leave this game disappointed regardless of what happens, however. We're playing with house money as someone said in a thread days ago.

And that Pittsburgh game would have been a blow out had it not been for a fantastic effort by Roethlisberger. For giving up 42 points our defense didn't look like a group of guys getting torched on plays. Coverage was still as tight as it could be. He was just putting it right where it needed to be. They were very fortunate to be in that game at all though.
Williamhilll Online Betting has the Patriots favored by 15 points. 
Id be suprised if jacksonville scores more than 14 points.
Along the lines. The line opened at 8.5, sharp money has come in on the patriots and the line was moved to 9.

Sharp money is simply respected money, respected bettors or betting syndacates. The general public betting on the game will not cause a line move.
Just more motivation
Thats great to be motivated, but the other team will be motivated to. They feel as if they are the worst team and nobody is giving them a shot every week wether thry are playing a 12-4 team or 1-15 team.
(01-16-2018, 08:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]There's no way Brady is dropping dimes like Roethlisberger was Sunday... He's a very accurate, technical passer in the first 15 yards of the field... but he doesn't have Antonio Brown to throw a perfect ball to on a 4th and 5 that goes 50 yards downfield.

It just ain't happening.

Agreed, but we've been prone to giving up the easy passes underneath and Brady eats that stuff up all day.

It's going to come down to how good this Defense does when their back is up against the wall in the Red Zone. We have to limit them to FG attempts and not TDs.
There selling up a jags team that lost twice to the horrendous titans, the jets and the 49ers.
(01-16-2018, 10:40 PM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: [ -> ]Id be suprised if jacksonville scores more than 14 points.

Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL.

They're getting blown out.
Pages: 1 2 3