Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coughlin's Unique Success Against Belichek- good read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't see this anywhere so I thought I'd share. I know Coughlin isn't our coach but we all know he and Marrone are working on the game plan for the game. After reading this and knowing what we do about how our defense has played, I feel a lot better going into the weekend. We all know how tough TC is and we know DM is no slouch. I think our team is in the best hands for the challenge. Can we be molded into a TC team within a year that is good enough to beat the Patriots? I don't know, but considering where we were this time last year and looking at where we are now.....anything is possible at this point!

Article

Earlier this season, Bill Belichick became the third-winningest coach in NFL history, trailing only Don Shula and George Halas. Given all the New England Patriots have accomplished with The Hoodie at the helm, it's easy to ask: Is there anyone who can beat Belichick?

Well, actually, we don't have to look too hard to find the man who has been Belichick's Kryptonite.

Hello again, Tom Coughlin.

Coughlin went 3-2 against Belichick in the regular season as head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars and New York Giants, with the two losses coming by a combined four points. But of course, Coughlin truly became a thorn in Belichick's side during their two postseason encounters: Super Bowls XLII and XLVI, each of which ended with Coughlin's Giants hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. That 0-2 playoff record is Belichick's worst mark against any opposing head coach.....