Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sunday Special Events or Game Broadcasts - big screens ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if they set up any types of special event broadcast of the game like opening up Everbank Stadium and/or perhaps setting up a big screen within the concert pavilion (shell) at Jax Beach ?

This type of get-together is really big in NBA and NHL cities during the playoffs so I was just wondering if the city or beaches had any type of open air atmosphere planned to broadcast the game on a big screen?  It probably doesn't help that its mid-day when the sun is out (taking away from the sharpness and contrast of any big screen image)
I was thinking about this as well. A watch party at the stadium would be awesome. And a easy way for the team to make money on concessions and merchandise. How cool would it be to have cameras set up so the entire nation could see jags fans celebrating their victory over the pats at the Bank with fireworks going off....
(01-18-2018, 05:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about this as well. A watch party at the stadium would be awesome. And a easy way for the team to make money on concessions and merchandise. How cool would it be to have cameras set up so the entire nation could see jags fans celebrating their victory over the pats at the Bank with fireworks going off....

It's not allowed any more..No Fun League
NFL bans teams from hosting watch parties due to concern for losing revenue from television. They actually have a ban on something ridiculous like any group watching on greater than a 52 inch tv is illegal. The exception is bars and churches whom pay a fee or something along those lines.
They did it when we played and beat the Broncos back in the day. That was so much fun.
Whos going to the stadium at 7pm on Sunday to celebrate.