Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Appointee Carl Higbie Resigns Following racist, sexist, and anti gay remarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well clutch my pearls, clearly this means Trump is the Debil.
(01-19-2018, 09:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Well clutch my pearls, clearly this means Trump is the Debil.

The apple dont fall to far from the tree
People still read that garbage of a publication?
(01-19-2018, 09:40 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]People still read that garbage of a publication?

Im confused are you disputing the report of the resignation, or quality of the report?
Nah, I just refuse to give that awful website any clicks.

I don't refute the story at all - but drawing any conclusions about Trump from that is pretty... silly.
(01-19-2018, 09:43 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, I just refuse to give that awful website any clicks.

I don't refute the story at all - but drawing any conclusions about Trump from that is pretty... silly.

Every major outlet besides Fox News is reporting the story so there's that.

I mean he is a Trump appointee who supported his presidential campaign, so it does tie back to Trump. Pretty common sense.
(01-19-2018, 09:50 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 09:43 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, I just refuse to give that awful website any clicks.

Every major outlet besides Fox News is reporting the story so there's that.

I mean he is a Trump appointee who supported his presidential campaign, so it does tie back to Trump. Pretty common sense.

How does what he said tie back to Trump? In any way?

So, as a hypothetical, if one of the dozens and dozens of employees I hire makes a racist comment - does that make me a racist by association?
This guy was appointee of what exactly?

" He was appointed to the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) in 2017 to direct the public image and messaging of the federal department that manages millions of Americans in volunteer services like AmeriCorps and Senior Corps."

Oh looky... another government BS dept or whatever that is probably completely unnecessary and wasteful.
Glad he resigned... I've heard his comments, and while he is entitled to his opinion about race, religion, etc.... Some of his comments were spot on, even though I think he's way off base about "Black America" (he blames blacks for the welfare state it seems, but that falls solely on his government). His comments about soldiers and PTSD is what really has me off... (I can totally understand a soldiers anti-muslim mentality after their gov't sends them off to war for a decade in middle eastern countries) but to state that fellow soldiers aren't actually suffering from PTSD is asinine, to say the least.

Now.... everyone can try to connect some dots, as they always do, to mean this is a mirror image of Trump. But that's just not so. Trump appointed a decorated solider that supported his campaign to some fluffy type non position. As soon as that guy publically makes an [BLEEP] of himself, he resigns... (by request no doubt)
These allegations about Trump being a racist are backed by the thinnest of arguments and almost always via guilty by association.
I can't throw a rock and not hit someone who isn't racist, have strong religious views on Islam or LGBT rights, or prejudice in some way or another.... And some of my friends are probably racist, or anti-religion, or anti-non religion.... Doesn't make me any of those things.

Anywho.... this is a super non story in the middle of the Democrats causing a shutdown and another non story to try to distract from the nothing that is this Russia collusion nonsense, and all the other garbage the Dems have tried to boobytrap this presidency.
(01-19-2018, 10:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 09:50 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]Every major outlet besides Fox News is reporting the story so there's that.

How does what he said tie back to Trump? In any way?

So, as a hypothetical, if one of the dozens and dozens of employees I hire makes a racist comment - does that make me a racist by association?

Because Higbie and Trump have a history now of making controversial remarks.

To answer your hypothetical, if you hold your employees to a standard, then the expectation would be to conduct themselves in a matter that dosent put your company at risk.
(01-19-2018, 10:17 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]This guy was appointee of what exactly?

" He was appointed to the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) in 2017 to direct the public image and messaging of the federal department that manages millions of Americans in volunteer services like AmeriCorps and Senior Corps."

Oh looky... another government BS dept or whatever that is probably completely unnecessary and wasteful.
Glad he resigned... I've heard his comments, and while he is entitled to his opinion about race, religion, etc.... Some of his comments were spot on, even though I think he's way off base about "Black America" (he blames blacks for the welfare state it seems, but that falls solely on his government). His comments about soldiers and PTSD is what really has me off... (I can totally understand a soldiers anti-muslim mentality after their gov't sends them off to war for a decade in middle eastern countries) but to state that fellow soldiers aren't actually suffering from PTSD is asinine, to say the least.

Now.... everyone can try to connect some dots, as they always do, to mean this is a mirror image of Trump. But that's just not so. Trump appointed a decorated solider that supported his campaign to some fluffy type non position. As soon as that guy publically makes an [BLEEP] of himself, he resigns... (by request no doubt)
These allegations about Trump being a racist are backed by the thinnest of arguments and almost always via guilty by association.
I can't throw a rock and not hit someone who isn't racist, have strong religious views on Islam or LGBT rights, or prejudice in some way or another.... And some of my friends are probably racist, or anti-religion, or anti-non religion.... Doesn't make me any of those things.

Anywho.... this is a super non story in the middle of the Democrats causing a shutdown and another non story to try to distract from the nothing that is this Russia collusion nonsense, and all the other garbage the Dems have tried to boobytrap this presidency.

Where there is smoke there is fire....

Trump during his campaign made disparaging comments about some military veterans who suffer with PTSD. (See links below)

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-tr...d=42536616
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...recedented

My point is there is precedent with his comments and those of the likes of Higbie which intertwine with each other.
(01-19-2018, 10:18 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]How does what he said tie back to Trump? In any way?

Because Higbie and Trump have a history now of making controversial remarks.

To answer your hypothetical, if you hold your employees to a standard, then the expectation would be to conduct themselves in a matter that dosent put your company at risk.

Dude is gone.... it isn't like Trump is holding on to him and protecting him from this.
If anything Trump is distancing himself... (and more likely, due to this being some guy in some position, rather than his AG or DOE appointee) Higbie didn't even talk to Trump, the word was probably passed down the line.

Trump can be both hard on immigration reform and other race and social issues, without being a racist.
I've NEVER heard him say anything racist, honestly. (I googled it... of course the NYtimes popped up with their list of all the racist things he said written just days ago https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018...acist.html )
I read the whole thing. Some of these things he said are ignorant no doubt but not racist, some of it is bad reporting via the NYtimes [surprise face here]. Some of it... is truth, or belief on his part. And who are we to question what someone else believes to be right. (it's the same argument as those for and not for a certain religion, how can you preach tolerance of views such as LGBT and not be tolerable of those who don't agree with it, especially for religion)

I've never heard him say "so and so is dumb... because they are black"
"so and so is a criminal, because they are mexican"

But admittedly, if you're a spinster you can make much of what he says seem racist.
Like "Kenyans would never go back to their huts" 
Yet....[Image: filename-img-0056-jpg.jpg] here are the huts from Kenya which are real. Granted, not everyone who lives in Kenya lives in huts, and that's some of the shake your head stuff you get with this president.
But ignorance is not racism.
Racism is the belief one race is better than another.
Trump just believes Americans are better than everyone else. That includes all races that live and are born here, legally.
And he wants to fix a broken system (welfare state) that has hurt many minorities much more than anyone could claim it has actually helped. Which is different than Carl Higbie's "Black women think having kids is a government job" comment.
(01-19-2018, 10:26 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:17 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]This guy was appointee of what exactly?

Where there is smoke there is fire....

Trump during his campaign made disparaging comments about some military veterans who suffer with PTSD. (See links below)

My point is there is precedent with his comments and those of the likes of Higbie which intertwine with each other.

Once again spin doctors were at it again.
He was speaking to the idea that "back in the day" soldiers were of stronger mind. I totally agree with this because our military is now full of people who have been raised in the "everyone gets a ribbon" era. Creating soft minds... more young men growing up without fathers... and more people trying to change their sex.
Back in the day... the soldiers were men. And they went to war knowing half of them were going to die. They did it for their country and their people. Not for benefits or a college degree (which are some nice bribes to offer young stupid people coming out of high school with no real direction and no real education).
But the more gruesome these wars become, the more invisible the target (Hitler was a man to take down, communism, terrorism, these are ideas that transfer from body to body) the harder it is for these minds to handle what they see. And for the length they see it. WW2 lasted 6 years. This nonsense in the middle east has long since eclipsed 10 years.

I'm getting a bit off track...
Trump made those remarks to lean into his comment about IMPROVING our soldiers mental health. Especially post war.
He did not say anything similar to Carl's "75% of soldiers are faking it for money or drugs"
(01-19-2018, 10:32 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:18 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]Because Higbie and Trump have a history now of making controversial remarks.

Dude is gone.... it isn't like Trump is holding on to him and protecting him from this.
If anything Trump is distancing himself... (and more likely, due to this being some guy in some position, rather than his AG or DOE appointee) Higbie didn't even talk to Trump, the word was probably passed down the line.

Trump can be both hard on immigration reform and other race and social issues, without being a racist.
I've NEVER heard him say anything racist, honestly. (I googled it... of course the NYtimes popped up with their list of all the racist things he said written just days ago https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018...acist.html )
I read the whole thing. Some of these things he said are ignorant no doubt but not racist, some of it is bad reporting via the NYtimes [surprise face here]. Some of it... is truth, or belief on his part. And who are we to question what someone else believes to be right. (it's the same argument as those for and not for a certain religion, how can you preach tolerance of views such as LGBT and not be tolerable of those who don't agree with it, especially for religion)

But admittedly, if you're a spinster you can make much of what he says seem racist.
Yet....[Image: filename-img-0056-jpg.jpg] here are the huts from Kenya which are real. Granted, not everyone who lives in Kenya lives in huts, and that's some of the shake your head stuff you get with this president.
Trump just believes Americans are better than everyone else. That includes all races that live and are born here, legally.
And he wants to fix a broken system (welfare state) that has hurt many minorities much more than anyone could claim it has actually helped. Which is different than Carl Higbie's "Black women think having kids is a government job" comment.

Because he is President, Trump has to answer to comments someone made that could put his administration in a difficult spot no matter what the offender's position is. It's called accountability, which is something Trump doesn't have if he wont address this issue. 

You do know Trump settled a lawsuit years ago regarding housing discrimination right?

Trump at this point is pandering to a segment of the GOP who has racists beliefs and hold systematic racist practices, that is very clear.
(01-19-2018, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:26 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]Where there is smoke there is fire....

Once again spin doctors were at it again.
He was speaking to the idea that "back in the day" soldiers were of stronger mind. I totally agree with this because our military is now full of people who have been raised in the "everyone gets a ribbon" era. Creating soft minds... more young men growing up without fathers... and more people trying to change their sex.
Back in the day... the soldiers were men. And they went to war knowing half of them were going to die. They did it for their country and their people. Not for benefits or a college degree (which are some nice bribes to offer young stupid people coming out of high school with no real direction and no real education).
But the more gruesome these wars become, the more invisible the target (Hitler was a man to take down, communism, terrorism, these are ideas that transfer from body to body) the harder it is for these minds to handle what they see. And for the length they see it. WW2 lasted 6 years. This nonsense in the middle east has long since eclipsed 10 years.

Trump made those remarks to lean into his comment about IMPROVING our soldiers mental health. Especially post war.
He did not say anything similar to Carl's "75% of soldiers are faking it for money or drugs"

There is nothing to spin. The military is playing catch up because they have spent decades brushing off veterans' mental stability upon returning home from duty. Also many veterans are still not receiving proper medical treatment and service that can lead to other undiagnosed mental issues which then leads to suicide. 

The reason why enrollment in the military is down is because people are becoming more educated about the risk/reward., and know about the military's past transgressions in terms of cover-ups, etc.
I guess Trump's chicccckennns....

have come homeeee...

To ROOST!!!!!
(01-19-2018, 11:07 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:32 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Dude is gone.... it isn't like Trump is holding on to him and protecting him from this.

Because he is President, Trump has to answer to comments someone made that could put his administration in a difficult spot no matter what the offender's position is. It's called accountability, which is something Trump doesn't have if he wont address this issue. 

You do know Trump settled a lawsuit years ago regarding housing discrimination right?

Trump at this point is pandering to a segment of the GOP who has racists beliefs and hold systematic racist practices, that is very clear.

Dude resigned. Why does Trump need to comment? Accountability? The dude is no longer in that position. Does Trump really have to come out every week and say "I don't agree with that, this, I'm not racist" 

Yes... I know about Trump's many settlements. I also know that the housing discrimination thing was a long time ago (the 70s wasn't it?). People change... evolve.. some people become better people as they age. Some people who run large corporations and businesses sometimes have to deal with the people actually running them making mistakes.
Then again... I tend to believe someone who owns something should be allowed to refuse people regardless of or without any reason. For instance, if I own a home, why shouldn't I be allowed to be particular about who rents it? Young people, people with pets, low income individuals, etc etc. Or a business should be able to refuse service...
But I digress..

Trump isn't pandering to anyone except those who have lived the last 2 decades tired of the incompetence of DC and the PC America that has been born from the minds of the weak.

(01-19-2018, 11:23 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Once again spin doctors were at it again.

There is nothing to spin. The military is playing catch up because they have spent decades brushing off veterans' mental stability upon returning home from duty. Also many veterans are still not receiving proper medical treatment and service that can lead to other undiagnosed mental issues which then leads to suicide. 

The reason why enrollment in the military is down is because people are becoming more educated about the risk/reward., and know about the military's past transgressions in terms of cover-ups, etc.
And Trump was commenting on needing more and better care for said veterans.

Also... Enlistment is up.
"For the first time since 1997, all four services are expected to meet their enlistment goals this year, officials said today, crediting an unprecedented ad campaign, more creative use of the Internet, more recruiters and a host of incentives."
From an ABC article July of last year
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=96316&page=1