Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Ten things: Jaguars-Patriots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ten things: Jaguars-Patriots

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...3c0bf52688

Senior writer John Oehser’s 10 things the Jaguars must do to beat the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts, Sunday
(01-19-2018, 12:05 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Ten things: Jaguars-Patriots

Senior writer John Oehser’s 10 things the Jaguars must do to beat the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts, Sunday

I saw pressure Brady at #1 and #10. He forgot to mention that the Jags will need to pressure Brady rushing only 4. Blitzing could cause this game to get out of hand quickly. 

Protect Bortles is even a bigger must. Will he panic and play timidly like he did against the Bills? Will he be large and in charge like he was against the Steelers?
(01-19-2018, 12:29 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 12:05 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Ten things: Jaguars-Patriots

I saw pressure Brady at #1 and #10. He forgot to mention that the Jags will need to pressure Brady rushing only 4. Blitzing could cause this game to get out of hand quickly. 

Protect Bortles is even a bigger must. Will he panic and play timidly like he did against the Bills? Will he be large and in charge like he was against the Steelers?
Nowhere is blitz mentioned. This team relies on pressure from the front four. Rarely do the Jags need to blitz to get pressure. 

On the Bortles front, timid is not in the vocabulary to describe him. I keep seeing pats fans mention Buffalo as this mysterious game of errors. Reality is, the offensive game plan was not to be aggressive and keep opportunistic mistakes from being an issue. Jags typically do what is required to win without being flashy. Aside from a few statement games, that has held true. If the Jags get up early in this game, I would expect aggressiveness to ramp up on both sides of the ball, for statement purposes of course. Anyway, I think this #6 ranked offense gets overlooked with the typical Bortles bashing.
(01-20-2018, 03:52 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 12:29 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw pressure Brady at #1 and #10. He forgot to mention that the Jags will need to pressure Brady rushing only 4. Blitzing could cause this game to get out of hand quickly. 

Nowhere is blitz mentioned. This team relies on pressure from the front four. Rarely do the Jags need to blitz to get pressure. 

On the Bortles front, timid is not in the vocabulary to describe him. I keep seeing pats fans mention Buffalo as this mysterious game of errors. Reality is, the offensive game plan was not to be aggressive and keep opportunistic mistakes from being an issue. Jags typically do what is required to win without being flashy. Aside from a few statement games, that has held true. If the Jags get up early in this game, I would expect aggressiveness to ramp up on both sides of the ball, for statement purposes of course. Anyway, I think this #6 ranked offense gets overlooked with the typical Bortles bashing.
Bortles was beyond bad passing the ball against Buffalo. He couldn't even hit the ground. He won the game with his legs. That's what NE has to worry about, his running ability. 

NE will sell out to defend the run and force Bortles to beat them with his arm. The Jags were up 21-0 against the Steelers last week, which all Pats fans loved by the way... I don't see that happening tomorrow.

I hope it's a clean game with no injuries. Let the players play and don't let the refs or Riveron determine the outcome.