Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Bortles: 'Our destiny is in our hands'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bortles: 'Our destiny is in our hands'

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...8ad8bfc4fb

QB Blake Bortles as Jaguars prepare to play New England Patriots in AFC Championship Game Sunday: 'Our destiny is in our hands; we win, we get to stay together and keep playing
You destiny is in Blake Bortles hands? A reassuring thought
(01-20-2018, 03:23 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote: [ -> ]You destiny is in Blake Bortles hands?  A reassuring thought

It says "Our" hands. Not "Blake's hands."

Quote:“We’re trying to have as much fun with it as we can as well because I think everybody kind of realizes that we’re getting an opportunity to continue to play with this group of guys and our destiny is in our hands. We win, we get to stay together and keep playing.

Please troll smarter.  I mean, at least try not to just embarrass yourself.
I hope Bortles can stand up to the pressure tomorrow. He'll have a lot riding on him.
(01-20-2018, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 03:23 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote: [ -> ]You destiny is in Blake Bortles hands?  A reassuring thought

It says "Our" hands.  Not "Blake's hands."

Quote:“We’re trying to have as much fun with it as we can as well because I think everybody kind of realizes that we’re getting an opportunity to continue to play with this group of guys and our destiny is in our hands. We win, we get to stay together and keep playing.

This is a Jags Message board and fans often refer to home teams and “us.”

So by putting “your” I was referring the Jags and their fan base.  Also it was not trolling.  By

Bortles has not demonstrated the ability to carry a team on his own.  It’s been well-documented this year and throughout his career.
(01-20-2018, 03:32 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It says "Our" hands.  Not "Blake's hands."

So by putting “your” I was referring the Jags and their fan base.  Also it was not trolling.  By

Bortles has not demonstrated the ability to carry a team on his own.  It’s been well-documented this year and throughout his career.

He did pretty good last week. A huge win.
(01-20-2018, 03:32 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It says "Our" hands.  Not "Blake's hands."

It's all good.  You just seem to have misunderstood the quote.  No one said anything was "in Blake's hands" as you suggested. 

Blake said that the team's destiny was in the team's hands collectively.  You implied something completely different.