Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: T Gip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody heard anything on him? Did he practice at all today? His absence could be a huge hurt to our defense. I'm hoping he can get back.
He went through today's walk through, keeps saying he expects to play and Marrone said he's trending in the right direction
I don't have a whole lot of heartache with Peyton covering for him. He has proven he can step in.
He’s playing. No one is missing the AFC championship game on both sides if at all medically possible.
Colvin to outside corner, Jalen to free safety, Jags D will be unstoppable.
Jalen really would be such a good FS. I almost bet he'd have more picks as a Free Safety than a corner. He'll probably transition to the position once he gets a lot older.
Gipson will play. The only way someone wouldn’t play tomorrow is it they can’t walk. No one except Calais Campbell on this team has made it this far.
(01-20-2018, 06:27 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Gipson will play. The only way someone wouldn’t play tomorrow is it they can’t walk. No one except Calais Campbell on this team has made it this far.

Malik Jackson says hello. 

On topic, He should play. I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind that Brady or Gip will play, there would have to be some serious level setback for it to happen. Gip has been very good this year, but when he has come out there hasn't been a major drop off. I think regardless of who is back there, we will be fine.
(01-20-2018, 06:27 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Gipson will play. The only way someone wouldn’t play tomorrow is it they can’t walk. No one except Calais Campbell on this team has made it this far.

Malik has.
(01-20-2018, 12:09 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Colvin to outside corner,  Jalen to free safety, Jags D will be unstoppable.

My god, people still want to move a first team All Pro corner to Safety..... Maybe in 10 years
Man, completely forgot Malik basically took over games in the playoffs on the way to winning a super bowl and getting paid.
(01-20-2018, 02:13 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 12:09 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Colvin to outside corner,  Jalen to free safety, Jags D will be unstoppable.

My god, people still want to move a first team All Pro corner to Safety..... Maybe in 10 years

Yep.
(01-19-2018, 06:50 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody heard anything on him? Did he practice at all today? His absence could be a huge hurt to our defense. I'm hoping he can get back.

He’ll be playing
If Gip can't go, I really don't think Jarrod Wilson is much of a downgrade. I'd almost rather sit Gip and start all four RBs.
(01-21-2018, 02:06 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]If Gip can't go, I really don't think Jarrod Wilson is much of a downgrade. I'd almost rather sit Gip and start all four RBs.

Hell no, if Gipson is healthy you start him.  He was one of the best FS in the league this year and had 4 picks.
If Gip is better than around 70% healthy he's our best option. He's too good to keep off the field otherwise.