Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Strange Observation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you watch the press conferences from the last couple of days, the ones from New England players and coaches are very tight-lipped, especially with the whole Tom Brady issue.  It's just my observation/opinion, but the Patriots players and coaches seem to be pretty "wound up" and far more "serious" regarding the upcoming game.

In the meantime, the press conferences with the Jaguars players and coaches, everyone seems more relaxed, focused and are a bit more lively.

What this all means...  I don't really know, but in my mind it appears that the Jaguars appear to be preparing more "normal" and are more "relaxed" regarding the upcoming game.

I just have a feeling that what happens on the field Sunday in New England is going to shock the NFL world one way or the other.  My "fan mind" tells me that the Patriots are VERY concerned about this game and the Jaguars are looking at it like it's "just another game".

I can't really put my finger on it, but I get the feeling that this game is going to be won HUGE one way or the other.  It's not going to be the close game that many predict, it's going to be a VERY lopsided game.  Which way it goes, I don't know.  The homer in me of course thinks that the Jaguars will win, but the "thinker" in me thinks that perhaps the Patriots are so focused and pay such close attention to detail that they get the victory.
Pats are always like this. Relaxed vs serious, which one is better?? Idk, but the Pats have won 5 SB's, so...
https://youtu.be/ddCW5kqjaj8

The last 30 seconds
(01-19-2018, 09:57 PM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/ddCW5kqjaj8

The last 30 seconds

[Image: p-rain-man-dustin-hoffman.jpg]
It doesn't matter who the Patriots' next opponent is, be it Cleveland in the preseason or the day before the SB, the players and coaches always behave this way. There is absolutely no talking out of turn. It's all about respect for the next opponent.

On the other hand, there are some teams whose players have never been a part of a game of this magnitude. They start guaranteeing playoff wins and SB wins. (Cough...cough)

We all saw what happened to the Steelers when their coaches and players talked trash all week and predicted rematches. The Jags and their fans were all up in arms about the lack of class and respect the Steelers showed the team. When fans do it, it's just noise. That's just what fans do, but when the players start doing it... Well, no one talks before a game like Pittsburgh. They do it before every NE game.
(01-19-2018, 10:44 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter who the Patriots' next opponent is, be it Cleveland in the preseason or the day before the SB, the players and coaches always behave this way. There is absolutely no talking out of turn. It's all about respect for the next opponent.

On the other hand, there are some teams whose players have never been a part of a game of this magnitude. They start guaranteeing playoff wins and SB wins. (Cough...cough)

We all saw what happened to the Steelers when their coaches and players talked trash all week and predicted rematches. The Jags and their fans were all up in arms about the lack of class and respect the Steelers showed the team. When fans do it, it's just noise. That's just what fans do, but when the players start doing it... Well, no one talks before a game like Pittsburgh. They do it before every NE game.

If you took what Ramsey as anything other than fan-service than you're spending too much time thinking about it.
(01-19-2018, 09:48 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]If you watch the press conferences from the last couple of days, the ones from New England players and coaches are very tight-lipped, especially with the whole Tom Brady issue.  It's just my observation/opinion, but the Patriots players and coaches seem to be pretty "wound up" and far more "serious" regarding the upcoming game.

In the meantime, the press conferences with the Jaguars players and coaches, everyone seems more relaxed, focused and are a bit more lively.

What this all means...  I don't really know, but in my mind it appears that the Jaguars appear to be preparing more "normal" and are more "relaxed" regarding the upcoming game.

I just have a feeling that what happens on the field Sunday in New England is going to shock the NFL world one way or the other.  My "fan mind" tells me that the Patriots are VERY concerned about this game and the Jaguars are looking at it like it's "just another game".

I can't really put my finger on it, but I get the feeling that this game is going to be won HUGE one way or the other.  It's not going to be the close game that many predict, it's going to be a VERY lopsided game.  Which way it goes, I don't know.  The homer in me of course thinks that the Jaguars will win, but the "thinker" in me thinks that perhaps the Patriots are so focused and pay such close attention to detail that they get the victory.

The Pats coaches are always like that. The pats players have actually been pretty loose and light hearted.
(01-19-2018, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:44 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter who the Patriots' next opponent is, be it Cleveland in the preseason or the day before the SB, the players and coaches always behave this way. There is absolutely no talking out of turn. It's all about respect for the next opponent.

If you took what Ramsey as anything other than fan-service than you're spending too much time thinking about it.
It doesn't matter what I think because I can't affect the outcome of the game. I'm just pointing out the irony of the situation, since Barry Church claimed that the Steelers' trash talk was bulletin board material.
A cut on the thumb of the key player.... Is destiny paving the way? Possibly. I mean, why this type of injury now? Of course it would mean much more if he were healthy, but this.... This may alter the course of history. Maybe things were set in motion when Kraft was dumb enough to force Belichick to give up Garoppolo for peanuts.

On a different note, these last 4 teams appear have a connection to Bill Parcells one way or another. Nice coaching tree.
(01-19-2018, 11:04 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]If you took what Ramsey as anything other than fan-service than you're spending too much time thinking about it.
It doesn't matter what I think because I can't affect the outcome of the game. I'm just pointing out the irony of the situation, since Barry Church claimed that the Steelers' trash talk was bulletin board material.

There is no irony. Again, it was a young man with a big personality who was just a part of the win of his career so far speaking to the fans gathered at a homecoming rally at the stadium. 

He wasn't on social media disrespecting anyone. He wasn't answering media questions with trash talk. He was a guy caught up in the moment of victory and one game away from the biggest stage in the NFL. 

Honestly i cringed when i first heard his comments but then realized excatly what i just said. Taken out of context it sounds like the "guarantee" (trash talk) everyone keeps calling it. The big picture shows it a bit different. Anyone who sees it as anything other than that is trying to spin something that isn't there.
The whole Brady hand thing sounds as though they're already making excuses for a potential loss.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways...and He wears number 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_XYwiSaD1Y

The first 1:55 of this hype video really shows the contrast of these two locker rooms. 

The Pats really are that way with everyone. I kinda pick up on what the OP said, but it's hard to tell with that team since their M.O. is to be button-lipped as much as possible. 

Because of this, the "victory factory" cannot match what the Jaguars bring by way of emotion. Just watch Telvin pumping up his own team "..we keep going out and battling like this, I promise you, bruh. It's the top and we ain't stopping." This Jaguars team has really come together as a team that acts like family (once we disowned Myers and adopted Lambo). Oh..  and they're pretty [BLEEP] good too. 

The strangest observation I have seen thus far is that the Friday edition of NFL Total Access had all but Willie McGinest and Terrell Davis picking the Jaguars to beat the Patriots to take the AFC. 

What planet are we on?
(01-19-2018, 11:35 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]The whole Brady hand thing sounds as though they're already making excuses for a potential loss.

You must be new to watching football or at least anything about brady. He dont make excuses. You go show me these excuses he has made in the past.

Dude was just hyped in the moment....

If you think the jags aren't going into this game like it's their Superbowl already then you're crazy.
Lot of difference between what JR said in a one time thing in front of welcoming fans and the constant
things said on social media and national interviews by squealer players and their coach.
I doubt they'll treat the Jaguars like a bump in the road again.
They found out the hard way.....and I believe the splats are as well.
The Big Cat is coming to foxboro and it's hungry.
(01-19-2018, 11:42 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]

The first 1:55 of this hype video really shows the contrast of these two locker rooms. 

The Pats really are that way with everyone. I kinda pick up on what the OP said, but it's hard to tell with that team since their M.O. is to be button-lipped as much as possible. 

Because of this, the "victory factory" cannot match what the Jaguars bring by way of emotion. Just watch Telvin pumping up his own team "..we keep going out and battling like this, I promise you, bruh. It's the top and we ain't stopping." This Jaguars team has really come together as a team that acts like family (once we disowned Myers and adopted Lambo). Oh..  and they're pretty [BLEEP] good too. 

The strangest observation I have seen thus far is that the Friday edition of NFL Total Access had all but Willie McGinest and Terrell Davis picking the Jaguars to beat the Patriots to take the AFC. 

What planet are we on?
Lots of those "analysts" on those shows are former players whose teams were routinely beaten by the Pats. They're using emotion rather than evidence. Others choose against NE because one day they'll be right. This amazing ride will end. Personally, I don't think it will be tomorrow though. For every reason you guys think the Jags will win, I have one for thinking NE will win.
(01-20-2018, 07:27 AM)Achilles Wrote: [ -> ]

Dude was just hyped in the moment....

If you think the jags aren't going into this game like it's their Superbowl already then you're crazy.
Every team that plays NE acts like it's their SB. They always bring their A game, so this experience is nothing new for the Pats. 

FYI, 27 hours, 48 minutes!
Yeah, the Patriots are always so composed.

"17 points? We're going to score 17 points?!"
(01-20-2018, 12:12 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2018, 11:42 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]

What planet are we on?
Lots of those "analysts" on those shows are former players whose teams were routinely beaten by the Pats. They're using emotion rather than evidence. Others choose against NE because one day they'll be right. This amazing ride will end. Personally, I don't think it will be tomorrow though. For every reason you guys think the Jags will win, I have one for thinking NE will win.

What evidence? The evidence that shows we match up well against New England?

How many Jags games did you watch this year?
Pages: 1 2 3