Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Poz - Don't think he should play much against Pats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As good of a year as he has had, this is the one game where we should only see Poz when the Pats gets inside the 5.  Maybe a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 but other than that Poz shouldnt see the field much at all this game.  If he is in the game I know Brady is smart enough to go after him in pass coverage and Poz cant keep up with these TEs or backs.  If we win this game he will see alot of snaps in the SB against Min. or Philly but not in this game.
NE is gonna run the Wildcat and Brady will be the backup punter.
(01-20-2018, 01:32 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]NE is gonna run the Wildcat and Brady will be the backup punter.

ok
NE does run alot and uses there RBs alot, poz is a sure tackler. You take him out and took lose that. Now I'm not saying line him with gronk, but have him stay with Lewis or white I don't see him losing that battle.
(01-20-2018, 02:04 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: [ -> ]NE does run alot and uses there RBs alot, poz is a sure tackler. You take him out and took lose that. Now I'm not saying line him with gronk, but have him stay with Lewis or white I don't see him losing that battle.

Lewis is a monster in the open field. White is pretty good too. Ive watched lewis make 6 guys miss on the right side of the field from.7 yards out. 6 defenseive players couldnt even get a hand on him. His foot work is amazing. Hes quick, he cuts well. 
But what ure saying is hes not thay good basically.
I don't think he is actually all that good. Party of a system they run. He's no levon bell or derrick henry. Good on pass catching, but when they utilaze there saddens are usually on 2 and 3 downs. And poz is usually on sideline by then.

Lewis its there rushing back 800 rushing 250 rec.
White is there receiving back 450 rec. 200 rushing

They have multiple running backs who can catch, but we have shut better backs down all season.

We match up well with these guys better then she steelers. Offensive weapons are not a good as steelers. But they have 2 Allpros in gronk and brady that's it.

Ourr defense is loaded with stars.
(01-20-2018, 02:31 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he is actually all that good. Party of a system they run. He's no levon bell or derrick henry. Good on pass catching, but when they utilaze there saddens are usually on 2 and 3  downs. And poz is usually on sideline by then.

Lewis its there rushing back 800 rushing 250 rec.
White is there receiving back 450 rec. 200 rushing

They have multiple running backs who can catch, but we have shut better backs down all season.

We match up well with these guys better then she steelers. Offensive weapons are not a good as steelers. But they have 2 Allpros in gronk and brady that's it.

Ourr defense is loaded with stars.
This is the stinking AFC Championship Game. The franchise has NEVER surpassed this point in a season. I am hype as all get out. We need to win this stinking game. Cover their running back don't give them anything cheap. Get to the stinking Super Bowl!
Honestly, I see Brady using a lot of no huddle when Poz is on the field, so he can keep him on the field and try to expose him in coverage. We've seen it happen multiple times already this season and I don't see how it'll slip past Brady and co. Him trying to cover anybody is usually a mismatch and not in Poz's favor.
If Poz and/or Dareus are on the field, I expect them to go no huddle.
(01-20-2018, 07:31 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: [ -> ]If Poz and/or Dareus are on the field, I expect them to go no huddle.

Marcel dareus is gonna be huge in this game. Jags know they don't have to put extra focus on the interior when he's in the game, it allows the LBs and ends to go wide and shut down the flats easier. 

I say let them go no huddle against our guys. I think our athletes come out on top in that situation. Brady is a huge difference maker, but there are 10 other guys out there not named Brady.
If I'm McDaniels I'm doing what the 49ers did and keeping us in base as much as possible. Attack Poz as much as possible and keep him on the field.

Jaguars are significantly worse defending the pass Vs 2 WRs than they are with 3.
(01-20-2018, 07:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm McDaniels I'm doing what the 49ers did and keeping us in base as much as possible.  Attack Poz as much as possible and keep him on the field.  

Jaguars are significantly worse defending the pass Vs 2 WRs than they are with 3.

The problem is, the 49ers relied on Jimmy G's mobility on bootlegs and such A LOT. Brady can't do that. 

Also, with the way we blew up the screen game against Juju and Bell last week, I think we'll employ a similar game plan against that.
(01-20-2018, 06:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I see Brady using a lot of no huddle when Poz is on the field, so he can keep him on the field and try to expose him in coverage. We've seen it happen multiple times already this season and I don't see how it'll slip past Brady and co. Him trying to cover anybody is usually a mismatch and not in Poz's favor.

That's why you don't put him on the field

(01-20-2018, 07:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm McDaniels I'm doing what the 49ers did and keeping us in base as much as possible.  Attack Poz as much as possible and keep him on the field.  

My point of this whole thread lol.  In base you don't have him out there
I am nervous about Poz in this game. We are statistically way better on defense when we play teams that run a lot of 3 WR since it leaves us in nickel.

I have a feeling NE is going to run a lot of 2 TE/heavy packages to keep us out of the nickel.
(01-20-2018, 10:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is, the 49ers relied on Jimmy G's mobility on bootlegs and such A LOT. Brady can't do that. 

Also, with the way we blew up the screen game against Juju and Bell last week, I think we'll employ a similar game plan against that.

Don't need bootlegs to attack it..just good motions and shifts, which the Pats are great at.  

Screens ain't the problem. RBs shifting out wide+ running angle and wheel routes from the backfield are. Particularly if you are already investing your coverage to stopping Gronk.
We need poz to stop the run. Telvin and Jack can drop back.
(01-20-2018, 03:19 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]We need poz to stop the run. Telvin and Jack can drop back.

But what if he's out there and they don't run
(01-20-2018, 11:30 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 10:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is, the 49ers relied on Jimmy G's mobility on bootlegs and such A LOT. Brady can't do that. 

Don't need bootlegs to attack it..just good motions and shifts, which the Pats are great at.  

Screens ain't the problem. RBs shifting out wide+ running angle and wheel routes from the backfield are. Particularly if you are already investing your coverage to stopping Gronk.

Yeah. I'm expecting plenty of motion in the backfield to keep DBs and LBs shifting. The Jags got hurt by this in three games this season.  While they've no doubt been trying to shore it up, it will still likely be an issue against a Brady led offense.
Poz made an excellent down the feild pass breakup in the pitt game. I get what your are saying but I think his experience can be a major factor. However I don’t think the pats will be in much base offense so it won’t matter.

This will be a madden game all day. They’ll be in 11 personnel all game and we will be in nickle all game
Pages: 1 2