Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Armed Forces Network NOW WILL cover game due to Govt Shutdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...s-network/

Shad....please get the league to step up!
Is this a NFL issue or is it the AFN doing this? If it's the AFN, I don't think there's much Shad or the NFL could do
The Armed Forces (DoD) control/run AFN so Shad (or the NFL) can do nothing. Guys over there will have to stream games on their own or figure something out. It is pathetic and does stink for everyone outside the Continental US right now. What would be cool is to see the NFL offer the NFL GamePass free to military for the last 3 games. That would be a legit gesture!
The military is used to getting screwed over by the government.
UPDATE 5:27 p.m. ET: Per the NFL, troops with access to USO Centers will be able to see the games through the NFL’s Game Pass feature. The league is working on finding ways for troops without access to USO Centers to see the games.
Great News!
Good on the USO and NFL
Ditto on the good news re: the USO and the NFL making the games available.
(01-20-2018, 06:53 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE 5:27 p.m. ET: Per the NFL, troops with access to USO Centers will be able to see the games through the NFL’s Game Pass feature. The league is working on finding ways for troops without access to USO Centers to see the games.

Glad to hear they're doing something
Get those troops some football! They deserve it.
That's nothing for the navy though. AFN is all we get onbaord. If i was FDNF atm i would be raging cause not only do we lose sports but all of the TV is gone, so were stuck with whatever we bring onboard. Maybe the COs will find some port calls for tomorrow so everyone can see it...
AFN WILL air both games today.
that's fantastic
"But, according to NFL PR director Brian McCarthy, AFN will be up Sunday afternoon, and will air both the NFC and AFC title games as originally planned.".....

"But it appears AFN will be back up by 3 p.m. ET on Sunday.
It’s unclear who reversed the initial decision, or why, or what the reasoning for the initial decision was in the first place. But what matters is that the armed forces will get to watch the football games they were looking forward to."
I swear those AFN commercials are so cringy and laughable to watch. You dont get regular advertisements. They can reenact a battle scenario with people being shot left and right but the message behind the commercial is 'don't forget to properly hygiene today and change out your socks daily'.....
(01-21-2018, 11:05 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]I swear those AFN commercials are so cringy and laughable to watch. You dont get regular advertisements. They can reenact a battle scenario with people being shot left and right but the message behind the commercial is 'don't forget to properly hygiene today and change out your socks daily'.....

Lol. I agree. I wasn't warned before I went to Germany. I got there and was like- WTHeck is this crap? I got a good laugh out of them at first but after a few years it gets old. 

I'm glad AFN stepped up here, or whoever it was. They all preach about MWR but then pull stupid crap like they did with this initially. I don't care what anyone says, THIS game is the biggest of the season and it's because there is no guarantee the Pats will win. If we beat them it will be a HUGE upset. It's a nailbiter for sure if nothing else.
awesome. we need everyone to become a witness for when the jags dethrone the goat