Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars @ Patriots 2018 AFC Championship Game Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, Jaguars fans!   Smile   Our 2017 AFC South Division Champions, and 12-6 Jacksonville Jaguars are in Foxborough, Massachusetts, for the first time since September 2015, to play the AFC East Champions, and 14-3 New England Patriots in Sunday afternoon's 2018 AFC Championship Game. Jaguars and Patriots are also meeting in their second all-time NFL Playoff Game between both teams.

Our Jaguars are one game and two weeks closer to earn their first ever appearance in a Super Bowl Game, Super Bowl XLI in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on February 3.

Game time decision if Patriots QB Tom Brady might start for New England, as he is listed and remains  questionable in the Patriots team injury report,  because Brady wore red gloves in team practice, reportedly with a run-in with a teammate.  Since the announcement of Brady's injury, the oddsmakers in Las Vegas has reduced the spread for the outcome between this afternoons game between the Jaguars and Patriots,

If Brady is replaced, backup QB Brian Hoyer might take his place as the starting QB for New England, and the first QB to start a playoff game for the Patriots, other than Tom Brady, since Scott Zolak, who coincidentally was the losing QB  in the first playoff game with the Jaguars.

Jacksonville will try to repeat, and eliminate New England, from earning their ticket to Super Bowl Lll in their 25th playoff appearance, and ninth conference championship, while also earning 20 division championships.  Jacksonville is in their seventh NFL playoff appearance after winning the AFC Central Division Championships in both 1998 and 1999, and the 2017 AFC South Championship.

Jaguars are in the AFC Championship Game for the second time in the franchises 24-year history, and first time in 19 seasons., earning their appearance and advancement by defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers 45-42 in Heinz Field last Sunday, January 14.  A Jaguars road win and upset, over the Patriots would also earn Jacksonville's first appearance in  a  Super Bowl for the first time also  in the Jaguars 24-year team history.

Jaguars defeated the Patriots in the 1998 AFC Wild Card Playoff Game,  with Patriots QB Scott Zolak as the starter, at then-named Alltel Stadium back on January 3, 1999, after the 1998 Jacksonville Jaguars team won  AFC Central Division with their franchise best 14-2 regular season record. That team was lead, by the Jaguars first head coach in franchise history, and current Jaguars Executive Vice President Of Football Operation Tom Coughlin.  Jaguars defeated the Patriots 25-10 at Alltel Stadium Fred Taylor also scored a 21-touchdown run, and Mark Brunell also threw a 37-yard TD pass to Jimmy Smith in the third quarter. Mike Hollis completed the game scoring for Jacksonville, with his four field goals from 35, 24, 34, and 21 yards, and 1 PAT.

However, our 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars must overcome New England's dominance on the playing field, as the Jaguars have only 1 of the previous 10 past regular season meetings, since their rivalry began with a 28-25 loss in the Jaguars first season in the NFL back in September 1996.  Jacksonville prior to today, has a yet to win a road game, regular season or postseason, in seven previous road games since the Jaguars entered the NFL back in 1995.

Patriots also have outscored our Jaguars 303 points, to 173 points in the previous 11 meetings, and 220 points to 91 played at road games in New England.

If there is added incentive for today's 2018 AFCCG, our Jaguars finished their 2017 regular season ranked #6 in Total Offense, especially #1 in Rushing Offense, mostly with the help of rookie RB Leonard Fournette, averaging 141.4 yards per game.

Sacksonville is though #2 in Total Defense in the NFL behind Minnesota, allowing 286.1 yards per game, they finished #1 in Passing Defense, allowing 169.9 YPG.

Jim Nantz and former Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, for the NFL On CBS, seen internationally, and locally on WJAX CBS Channel 47 in Jacksonville, FL.

Both AFC And NFC Championship Games played this afternoon can also seen live  from both the CBS and FOX  television network feeds on your personal devices including your smartphone, laptops, and ipads, all media seen live on HD.

http://www.nfl.com/apps

WJXL 1010AM  Radio Host Frank Frangie announces the live  game radio play-by-play,, along with former Jaguars players Tony Boselli and Jeff Lageman service as radio game analysts,  simulcast on Jaguars flagship stations WJXL Jax Sports Radio 1010AM and 92.5FM, WGNE  Country 99.5FM from Gainesville,  the Jaguars Radio Network throughout the Southeast USA,  and the Tune In Radio app from your smartphone.

Partly sunny skies at 47 degrees,  is the game forecast inside Gillette Stadium, for the 3:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation,  56% humidity, and mild west/northwest winds at 2 miles per hour.

Visiting Jaguars are wearing their gold and black helmets,  Nike white jerseys and black pants,  while the host Patriots are wearing their silver helmets, Nike navy blue jerseys, and silver pants.

Lead Referee Clete Blakeman, leads his officiating crew assigned by the NFL offices in NYC, to supervise the game action on the Gillette Stadium field between the Jaguars and Patriots.

NO injuries, play all or nothing to earn your first appearance ever  to the Super Bowl in Jacksonville Jaguars history ,Super Bowl XL in Minneapolis, MN in two weeks, for the Jacksonville, FL community, yourselves, team owner Shahid Kan, and Tom Coughlin,.

Continue Your Incredible Postseason Journey, And LET'S GO  SACKSONVILLE, AND LET'S GO JAGUARS!!!!! Wink  Smile   Cool    Big Grin

Jaguars @ Patriots 2018 AFC Championship Game Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.patriots.com/schedule-and-sta...eport.html

Jaguars @ Patriots 2018 AFC Championship Game Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2017/postseason20

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018012100...ab=preview

NFL On CBS Facebook And Twitter Links:

https://www.facebook.com/NFLOnCBS

https://www.twitter.com/NFLOnCBS
I don’t see how we win still but I’m pumped. Even should we lose, this season has been amazing and I’m grateful

Note: you said second all time meeting in the playoffs. This is our fifth (!!) with the patriots and this is our third AFC championship in franchise history. We also went 14-2 in 1999, not 1998. You seriously need to check your stats before you post. It’s awful
Superbowl XL......... 1010XL.

Now, that's destiny right there.
Good Morning....and I see how the Jags can win.
Just put TB down hard.....he crumbles when you do.
The Big Cat is hungry for goat.

GO JAGUARS!
Nervous
Can't sleep
Biggest Jaguar game of all time
A chance for this team to become an important part of football history
We've all been waiting for this day
Please dont let us down Jags
Let's shock the world
Go Jaguars. I have faith in Ye
As vic used to say, the QB must go down, and go down hard.

Go jags
60 minute game. 90% of America is rooting for us. I hope we come out like we did against the Steelers using play action.
(01-21-2018, 01:17 AM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Superbowl XL......... 1010XL.

Now, that's destiny right there.

It’s LII this year.  That bot needs some serious work.

Yay! The day is finally here!
(01-21-2018, 04:03 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]60 minute game. 90% of America is rooting for us. I hope we come out like we did against the Steelers using play action.

And this Canadian is as well....
I read somewhere that I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than the Jags do of beating the Pats, so I bought 5 tickets... Wish me luck.
(01-21-2018, 03:16 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: [ -> ]As vic used to say, the QB must go down, and go down hard.

Go jags

Sounds more like Gisele to me.
Go Jags!
(01-21-2018, 03:16 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: [ -> ]As vic used to say, the QB must go down, and go down hard.

Go jags

He was quoting Al Davis, just for reference.
[Image: 27067889_1188764667924590_58216122138382...e=5ADB56A0]LETS GO BOYS!
Let’s. Go. JAGS
Lol. The BOT is way off on the playoff history/statistics for the teams.

But whatever. 

It's AFCC Gameday!
Go Jags!
#stealtheshow
Today is the day! Let's go jags!!